CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Exactly. The pistol being shitty doesn't provide more choice. It removes choice. You're not choosing to pick up a DMR because of its range or a BR because of its ease of use. You're forced to pick up any rifle because they're all objectively better in virtually every conceivable way.

Tbh, ease of use is the worst way to balance a weapon I've seen in a long time. Unquantifiable methods of balancing are pretty shit to begin with because it leaves things up to intrepretation (see Waypoint on Weapon Balance).

Tbh, ease of use is the worst way to balance a weapon I've seen in a long time. Unquantifiable methods of balancing are pretty shit to begin with because it leaves things up to intrepretation (see Waypoint on Weapon Balance).

I agree. It's not really conceivable to fix that at this point though.

I agree with the hockey analogy for the most part, but I disagree that the skill-set required to be good at Halo 5 is any more of a departure from the classic Halo skill-set than any other sequel in the series.

Oh it's not, necessarily. A lot of the problems with Halo 5 are ones that have been there since Halo 2.

Also my definition of balance is that players can find success with multiple playstyles instead of everyone having to play the same way to stay competitive, which I'd say Halo 5 excels in this regard.

My last video on depth vs. skill addresses this concept directly, it'd be a good clarifier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't believe people want to start with one of the weakest weapons in the game. Smh guys the pistol gets shit on against 90% of the weapons in this game. Saying "I want useful map pick ups" is fine in relation to niche weapons. But in this game it isn't "hmm I want to pick up this weapon to help me", it's "I'm fucked if I don't immediately switch out both my starting weapons for literally ANYTHING because they are both the weakest weapons in their respective roles". If that's how you want comp Halo to play then I'm sure you loved H3 AR starts.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no reason champs shouldn't match onyx players and even diamond players.

Party restrictions are another thing though.

I think they should be matching no lower than like 1650 onyx. The player base in onyx is pretty large and thtey would have no problem finding games IMO. Matching diamonds is just a no. It'd be an absolute bloodbath.

I think they should be matching no lower than like 1650 onyx. The player base in onyx is pretty large and thtey would have no problem finding games IMO. Matching diamonds is just a no. It'd be an absolute bloodbath.

The onyx playerbase is not large.

I still can't believe people want to start with one of the weakest weapons in the game. Smh guys the pistol gets shit on against 90% of the weapons in this game. Saying "I want useful map pick ups" is fine in relation to niche weapons. But in this game it isn't "hmm I want to pick up this weapon to help me", it's "I'm fucked if I don't immediately switch out both my starting weapons for literally ANYTHING because they are both the weakest weapons in their respective roles". If that's how you want comp Halo to play then I'm sure you loved H3 AR starts.

Disagree. I have no problem outshouting BRs and Snipes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You disagree with what? That the pistol is objectively worse than the rifles? I've got news for you if that's the case: the pistol is OBJECTIVELY 100% worse than the other rifles. You can look at RRR, magnetism and ease of use in relation to ttk. It doesn't matter if you "outshoot plenty BR users (no evidence and it's anecdotal). I outshoot pistol players with a suppressor sometimes, does that make the suppressor better than the pistol?
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I am having troubles. No matter how loud I get I just can't out shout it. How do you do it?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Are you in Onyx? I play different people pretty much every game.

Lol. Ya, it's not THAT small but it still only makes up about 5% of the playerbase. That's roughly the same % of the playerbase that were 50s in h3. H3 50s didn't only match 50s. A 50 could match as low as a 43(searching with only 50s) if I remember correctly.

A 43 would be equivalent to a low diamond.

Meaning in h3 you could search on a 43 in the MLG list and match pros. That's the same as searching on a diamond and matching Champs.

The only difference is party restrictions. Which h5 desperately needs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol. Ya, it's not THAT small but it still only makes up about 5% of the playerbase. That's roughly the same % of the playerbase that were 50s in h3. H3 50s didn't only match 50s. A 50 could match as low as a 43(searching with only 50s) if I remember correctly.

A 43 would be equivalent to a low diamond.

Meaning in h3 you could search on a 43 in the MLG list and match pros. That's the same as searching on a diamond and matching Champs.

The only difference is party restrictions. Which h5 desperately needs.

Yeah, that's in a dedicated MLG playlist though, Arena isn't that. We need an HCS playlist as well IMO. Team slayer for slayer game types, Arena for a mix of slayer and objective, then a HCS playlist.

I just personally think diamonds can in no way hang with pro players. An MLG 43 is way different than a team slayer 43.

Yeah, that's in a dedicated MLG playlist though, Arena isn't that. We need an HCS playlist as well IMO. Team slayer for slayer game types, Arena for a mix of slayer and objective, then a HCS playlist.

I just personally think diamonds can in no way hang with pro players. An MLG 43 is way different than a team slayer 43.

It was that way in every list. Slayer, doubles, OBJ, etc.

So what do people do when most of your commendations are done? Like I'm so bored now.

Play for fun?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what do people do when most of your commendations are done? Like I'm so bored now.

Try to get better.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not really. I'm by myself most of the time.

Get some friends, have some fun.

Don't do something if you aren't having fun with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Get some friends, have some fun.

Don't do something if you aren't having fun with it.

Honestly. I've lived for 18 years. Making friends is actually slightly difficult.

It was that way in every list. Slayer, doubles, OBJ, etc.

I understand how the ranking system worked lol. You pretty much only played pros in the MLG playlist though, not in TS, or anything else. The "arena" playlist shouldnt be/isnt a substitute for an HCS playlist. Some of the people I play with in onyx probably don't even know pro players exist, or truly play for an HCS-style experience.