CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sprint's still in.

Flinch's still in.

ADS isn't a cosmetic change.

People can still get away with sprint.

Art team changes iconic designs for "immersion". 

And the Halo community is like:

jZeLfnz.jpg

Have you ignored the feedback thread?

BqkeLUf.jpg

Looks dumb IMO

Are we sure this is the rocket launcher and not that 'heat seeking missile launcher' as shown in one of the episodes of "The Sprint"? 

Did they confirm this? 

Are we sure this is the rocket launcher and not that 'heat seeking missile launcher' as shown in one of the episodes of "The Sprint"? 

Did they confirm this? 

That is not the Hydra. That's the new Rocket Launcher design. A more recent episode of The Sprint showed it with two shots, just like the ones we've seen from CE - 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone say why smart scope tightening the spread on automatics is a bad thing? Yeah sure its "not Halo" but that's a terrible argument.

I understand that people hate ads in other games because it forces players to stop moving to be accurate but Smart Scope doesn't make you lose mobility.

You asked and answered your own question

Have you ignored the feedback thread?

I'm talking about those on r/halo and Waypoint. We're honestly the vocal minority who are against these changes.

That is not the Hydra. That's the new Rocket Launcher design. A more recent episode of The Sprint showed it with two shots, just like the ones we've seen from CE - 4.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Well that doesn't make sense for a single barrel to have two shots. The rolling revolver rockets actually makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Calling it now.

Holmes/343s response to all our beta feedback:

"You just dont understand x. Here's why its actually works"

Or

"The rest of the community thinks its great"

Definitely not feeling that Rocket Launcher re-design. Halo's rocket launcher is, and I hate to use this term, iconic. It's got a very distinctive silhouette and weapon icon that has remained almost the same across every game. Changing it seems like change for the sake of change. ;(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm talking about those on r/halo and Waypoint. We're honestly the vocal minority who are against these changes.

I wouldn't say that. Devs are actually looking at this site and taking our feedback into consideration

Yeah not a fan of the Bazooka. I don't wanna seem like I'm complaining over silly things but I'm not a fan of the look. That's not to say I'm like "rawr rawr rawr gimme the old rocket launcher back 343 kilt halo" I'm just not a fan of that design on the whole.

Can you name one scenario that you'd prefer to have an Ar or Pr the Pistol in CE?

Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I'm on mobile and can't figure out how to multi quote.

If you have Sniper or Rockets w/camo, AR/PR are good for quick camo. Also, Plasma Rifle stun is great, especially followed up with a melee. AR is more of a secondary, but does decent health damage when you need to reload your pistol. Also, the spread is good for uncloaking camo players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't say that. Devs are actually looking at this site and taking our feedback into consideration

I hope they are. Perhaps I'm too cynical these days.

In every Halo you are useless at Lon mid-long range if you have an AR and they have a precision rifle. Now your just bad but not completely useless because of smart scope. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Here's Hydra btw

images

As long as this doesn't locket target players like the rocket launcher with the vehicles in halo 2 i'm ok with it.

As long as this doesn't locket target players like the rocket launcher with the vehicles in halo 2 i'm ok with it.

Well it does lock onto players...

In every Halo you are useless at Lon mid-long range if you have an AR and they have a precision rifle. Now your just bad but not completely useless because of smart scope. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Bullet hose weapons role is short range and cleanup kills. They also take the least shooting skill. Buffing them too much reduces the gap and turns any mid range or closer battle into a spam fest.

Calling it now.

Holmes/343s response to all our beta feedback:

"You just dont understand x. Here's why its actually works"

Or

"The rest of the community thinks its great"

The issue here and what I talked about earlier is that it's very difficult to provide persuasive arguments for "major" changes when at the moment people have only played the game one way.

I wouldn't mind playing a version of the game that just doesn't work for a week as a way of at least eliminating it from further discussion. I would love to try no sprint with thrusters but I have a feeling 343 fear the inevitable outcry from people playing the beta if that were to be tested for a week.

To that I would say that it's very easy to remind people this is a Beta, if people aren't a fan of the changes they've made to the game for that week then the opportunity exists for them to voice it in feedback. If you're not willing to test different variations of your game then you won't definitively know if you're releasing the best possible title you can to the majority of your audience. Although it's certainly possible they don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was there this much backlash to the BR aesthetic change?

Rumor has it that even 343 isn't fond of the new 'horn shaped' reticule. Might be changed before launch. The rest of the gun is similar to H4's design (with a black paint job) which isn't bad at all.