CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Nah he was just lying to us, right?

Yeah that seems to be the thing that people automatically jump to.

Just to ask - when/where did we get confirmation that this new Rocket Launcher design was replacing the old one? 

I could see it being like the Prophet's Bane and Energy Sword - both are in the game and have different purposes/uses.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like im going to be playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Halo 1-3 for the rest of my life because no good games are coming out on console :(

There's SFV, Tekken 7 and Tekken X SF will coming out. 

MCC and FG's for me. H5g doesn't look like it'll be a bad time either. 

Just to ask - when/where did we get confirmation that this new Rocket Launcher design was replacing the old one? 

I could see it being like the Prophet's Bane and Energy Sword - both are in the game and have different purposes/uses.

Nowhere. Just people jumping to conclusions as usual.

And your point is? Yes Halo's designs aren't the most original in the world but there is still no point in changing the Rocket Launcher, a design that is iconic to Halo and has been in every Halo game. It's like changing the design of the AR to this, sure its more realistic but no one likes it.

Except its not the actual Rocket Launcher? It acts completely different. Really it can be seen as the human equivalent to the Plasma Launcher. Tracks players, not 1 shot kill, etc. The rocket launcher could still be there just like how we have both the Prophet's Bane and Energy Sword.

Naw i don't think it's that. People truly believe that the developers always know best. It makes sense to think like that since 343i(or any other developer) are the ones actually designing the game. Of course just like in real life as you get older you realize your parents didn't and doesn't know everything.

I completely agree that this is at least one reason people do this. I think there is a second reason too, and this reason has applied to me in the past. I think people genuinely want to love every Halo game, and so when things go wrong, it's easier to convince yourself that the changes are good than it is to face up to the idea of Halo no longer being as great as it was.

The thing that makes me think people aren’t simply putting trust in the developers, though, is the fact that they only begin to act like Halo was previously broken once it's actually been changed. It's the instant excuses that are made.

I only brought that up because of stuff like "Halo is stealing/taking from CoD", etc. It's almost implying that CoD were the ones that came up with those ideas. I'm just tired of CoD getting credit for shit they don't deserve. I just wanted to get that out there.

There's probably influence from those games. To completely deny that idea would make me delusional. 

Oh yeah I see. The reason people claim that CoD specifically is the inspiration for a lot of Halo's changes, even though CoD didn't invent any of the features, is due to CoD being the franchise to beat right now. It's the one with by far the most popularity. There may be some really obscure indie games out there that have all the same features that Halo shares in common with CoD, but it wouldn't make sense to claim that those games were Halo's inspiration when there wouldn't be any financial reason to take the features from lesser known games like that.

That's where the CoD comparisons come from. It's definitely not the same as claiming CoD invented those features.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are getting the weapons confused.

Hydra is the tracking weapon with 6 grenades in clip.

There's also the generic bazooka weapon, which may be the rocket launcher, or something else. We don't know yet.

U so salty

Wouldn't be the first time a 343 rep lied to us

"Halo 2 just like you remember it! Ranks and dedicated servers!"

Besides, there shouldn't be any variation of flinch in halo

Yeah cuz that's how Microsoft markets there game. By having a guy with few thousand followers tweet something. To bad some guy in the beta took the time to shoot a wall other wise this terrible lie by 343 would still thought to be true. Stop making yourself the victim.

and pls don't call me salty, ill cry, pls dont   

• Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah cuz that's how Microsoft markets there game. By having a guy with few thousand followers tweet something. To bad some guy in the beta took the time to shoot a wall other wise this terrible lie by 343 would still thought to be true. Stop making yourself the victim.

and pls don't call me salty, ill cry, pls dont

What are you even talking about....

I can tell you're skilled in the art of mental gymnastics

I can also tell this discussion has ran it's course

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are you even talking about....

I can tell you're skilled in the art of mental gymnastics

I can also tell this discussion has ran it's course

k

Fair point, I do however have my doubts about this.

Except its not the actual Rocket Launcher? It acts completely different. Really it can be seen as the human equivalent to the Plasma Launcher. Tracks players, not 1 shot kill, etc. The rocket launcher could still be there just like how we have both the Prophet's Bane and Energy Sword.

For clarification, what are we talking about here? Sounds like the me you're talking about the Hydra, I'm talking about this.

Fair point, I do however have my doubts about this.

For clarification, what are we talking about here? Sounds like the me you're talking about the Hydra, I'm talking about this.

I dont even think it was fully established what we were actually talking about

There is a video showing that it holds two rockets fires them one by one at a quick speed.  I.e. it functions the same as the one in Halo 4 did.

Perhaps the old one returns but does something slightly different, but I just don't believe that's probable.

Around 4 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just for you the record, I have a better time playing Halo 5 than H2A....

I wonder if 343 sees comments like this as fodder to convince themselves that sprint adds to the fun of the game play?

There is a video showing that it holds two rockets fires them one by one at a quick speed.  I.e. it functions the same as the one in Halo 4 did.

Perhaps the old one returns but does something slightly different, but I just don't believe that's probable.

Around 4 minutes.

Thanks for the source, looks like it was taken from The Sprint. 

Assets can change especially when there's a year left. I don't really see the problem with it tbh

So that makes it better?  343 still did nothing original and only took more crap no one wants from other games because "its relevant" in todays FPS market (which based on its popularity, is centered on the COD series and what they do).

Whether you want to compare AW and H5, or Crysis and H5, or Banjo Kazooie, to me is irrelevant and the outcome is the same. 

343 did not listen to us at all, and pretty much has spit in our faces in hopes of roping in the cash cow COD mechanics mixed with the "Halo" title that is already of proof of purchase success for release day. 

If it takes credit away from CoD, then yes. I hate CoD lol. I'll be honest and say i wouldn't mind trying out AW. It's contradicting i know, but i wouldn't spend the money to play it and now that i'm no longer looking to play FPS games at tournaments, i can enjoy some mindless shooting. But CoD is a series that i thought has been a joke since MW2. So even if it's irrelevant to the point, just like you not wanting sprint in the game, i don't like CoD getting credit for everything like they're OGs.

I don't know if 343i didn't listen AT ALL. They definitely disagreed with your opinion on sprint tho. I would agree with the statement that Halo is better without sprint, but i would disagree that H5g can't be a good with sprint in it. 

Around 4 minutes.

Just watched the video again and it got me thinking about map remixes. I'm not sure how I feel about it at the moment. If it means we're getting roughly the same amount of maps as in previous Halo games, but less variety this time around due to some of them being almost the same thing, then I don't like it. If it means that we're actually getting quite a lot more maps than we usually get in a Halo game and are still getting at least as much variety, then I like it.

Same with Crossfire. WIth Crossfire being specifically for Breakout, I will like this if it means more overall maps in the game so that each gamemode has maps designed carefully for them. If it simply means the same amount of maps overall but fewer maps that can be used in different gamemodes, then I wont like it.

Time to join the PC master race

Iv already joined the master race, just wanna get some use out of this $500 system. I could have just bought another video card :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just browsing through another Halo site and in the space of 3 minutes I've already seen people claiming that the rocket launcher re-design was needed because the old one wasn't "militaristic" enough. And I've already seen people claiming that it was necessary to include tighter spread on zoom/ADS because old Halo was "unbalanced" without it.

Burn it. Burn it all.

• Upvote (+1) 2