CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Don't have 8.1 or Xbox One yet, apparently they talked about new rocket launcher on the Sprint? Can someone summarize what was said/shown?

Hydra, essentially a locked on rocket launcher for human targets but shoots rounds that are a bit more like brute shots than rockets. I think it's intended as a power weapon, and seemed to function well as such. As anything else, it would be the most broken thing in existence. I like the concept as a power weapon though.

I think these maps look better than anything 343 has ever done, which is promising. I loved Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't the big Green Tube the new rockets? If so, bring back the old design. You can't just change the rockets man

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hydra, essentially a locked on rocket launcher for human targets but shoots rounds that are a bit more like brute shots than rockets. I think it's intended as a power weapon, and seemed to function well as such. As anything else, it would be the most broken thing in existence. I like the concept as a power weapon though.

Ok, so they haven't shown bazooka/rocket launcher yet? 

Just for you the record, I have a better time playing Halo 5 than H2A....

110% truth right here. H2A is pretty bad IMO. I honestly think with a few tweaks H5 will be a damn good game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, The Sprint is very enjoyable to watch. I'm ready to see the final episode. And I wouldn't mind another one before the game releases in 2015. 

110% truth right here. H2A is pretty bad IMO. I honestly think with a few tweaks H5 will be a damn good game.

I can't really put my finger on why I dislike H2A and like H5 either...

Isn't the big Green Tube the new rockets? If so, bring back the old design. You can't just change the rockets man

They have shown the a new weapon that is similar to rockets, called the Hydra. Other than that Rockets haven't been shown or modified. 

They have shown the a new weapon that is similar to rockets, called the Hydra. Other than that Rockets haven't been shown or modified. 

I am pretty sure there was an offscreen showing of the rockets sometime in episode 3, and it had 2 rockets in the chamber. It was the big green tube

Ok, so they haven't shown bazooka/rocket launcher yet?

Not that I've seen yet, no. I think I heard / read somewhere that the old design is still there somewhere.

If it weren't made to just ride the coattails of Halo 2 Classic it'd be a lot better IE if most the maps weren't those not remade the past five or so games, and the aiming did not feel entirely different to what it was supposedly how we remembered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO its because h2a is so easy to shoot in that anyone with a brain can pick up the controller and 4 shot you. H5 is the hardest halo to shoot your gun in since h1 IMO.

I am pretty sure there was an offscreen showing of the rockets sometime in episode 3, and it had 2 rockets in the chamber. It was the big green tube

Oh I just seen that. I don't know.. I hope not. Changing the rockets for the sake of changing is kind of dumb. 

So it's not just automatic weapons that benefit from ADS.

Imagine how much worse that is at medium and long range.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The music that plays in the Halo Channel app is better than any of the last 2-3 Halos. It's not annoying and it's subtle! Holy shit!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I believe it... I can't stand H2A. Feels like I'm hitting every shot and 8 times out of 10, I lose the BR duel. I can never get anything going in that game... can't figure it out. Everything feels slow and clunky, yet buttery smooth at the same time. It's the weirdest feeling. Spawns seem horrible too. H2C is way better in every way.

Halo 5 is really looking good. Quick and tight, responsive-looking strafe, and the gun-play looks great... Can't wait to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't claim that there's no penalty to hip fire just because spread on hip fire has stayed the same. If spread improves when scoping in, then by comparison, you're punished for not being scoped in. You're doing nothing more than playing with words here.

Jazzil Man, your entire post was a spot on repudiation of Josh Holmes' defense of accuracy boost that automatic weapons receive when smart-scoped. This opening sentence alone completely destroys his entire argument.

Regardless of the validity of Holmes' statement, it is obvious to me from watching streams, and listening/reading feedback that automatic weapons are way to strong in Halo 5. As long as automatic weapons have their damage reduced, I don't think many people would have a problem with the increased accuracy that automatics receive while smart-scoped (at least I wouldn't).

Personally I would prefer to see this accuracy bonus be removed, as I do not want ADS mechanics in Halo games. However, ADS on automatics is far from a deal breaker for me, sprint and all the other BS is far more concerning.

Edit: And after I typed this up, I just saw the video that wldstyl posted.....

• Upvote (+1) 3

this game is going to suck. I am not liking hardly anything I hear/see about this game. I'm a die hard halo fan, and seems like halo is going CoD style. Very, very eager for the beta so it will hopefully change my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: And after I typed this up, I just saw the video that wldstyl posted.....

I imagine the spread is comparable to the BR in Halo 3, which is fucking awful

ADS affects the BR as well. It doesn't look like much but just imagine how bad the spread is at longer ranges. Looks like the H3 BR all over again.

ADS affects the BR as well. It doesn't look like much but just imagine how bad the spread is at longer ranges. Looks like the H3 BR all over again.

Not really - H3 BR was projectile. This is hitscan like H2. Unless you're outside of RRR, all 3 bullets will count as damage, even if only 1 really hits.

I imagine the spread is comparable to the BR in Halo 3, which is fucking awful

H3 BR was projectile. This is hitscan like H2. Unless you're outside of RRR, all 3 bullets will count as damage, even if only 1 really hits.

I agree re: H2A; there's something really off with it and H5 looks like it could be considerably better (although I'd pay money to get rid of ADS and to allow sprint only with full shields).  Obviously the shooting in H2A is way too easy and the map selection is too meager.  Beyond that though it still feels off and it has little apparent depth - snipe, sword, grenades and BR are all OP.  It's who sees who first combined w/ rock paper scissors.  I spend most of my time on CE and H3, which is not what I anticipated.  I'm not an OG CE guy but that game is fun and I still love H3.  I seem to have the most laughs with the crazy stuff that happens in CE.  I can't get a good connection with H2C for some reason; I always seems to end up having to 6 shot people (although to be fair I have that w/ H3 also, maybe connection issues).