CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Eh I'll take the cons of h5 if I means I have static weapon spawns. Say what you want about h5 but the game at the highest level is collapses and not set up heavy (in contrary to AM players who go far too set up in this game). CLG even talked about how they're not set up heavy and always put the pressure on. Then look at h2 with how the weapons spawned and how maps were very set up oriented.

I guess there isn't much of a reason to argue which game is the most competitive as it's been going on forever. I do value games that have players give the same information and is fair to both sides of a pvp game. It requires players to move in a faster pace and you have to be thinking constantly. H5 is all spacing and collapses and H5 has you thinking and playing a lot faster than most Halos and even h2 imo. H2 you can control a pace of the match by having a Pw and knowing when the best time to push is while the other team wouldn't know.

Also I'm biased because I really just don't like h2

I can agree with a lot of that, it's a matter of having entirely different types of games that you are comparing (hence why I completely isolate CE in any discussion like this).

They're in the spartan company ones.

Lame. Still makes zero sense why they added a SPNKr commendation in one update and then never added a Gravity Hammer, H2BR and CE Pistol commendation.

Lame. Still makes zero sense why they added a SPNKr commendation in one update and then never added a Gravity Hammer, H2BR and CE Pistol commendation.

Ya, I hate that. So stupid.

I can't believe people actually compare h5 to h2/h3 in a competitive sense.

I find this game borderline unplayable in a competitive setting. There's just so many ways to cheese the game.

H5 is a fun social halo game imo. Fun to shoot the shit in Ala destiny or COD. It just lacks the proper balancing to be a game that I can take seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was just in a match of Slayer with 16 kills 8 assists and 2 deaths, top in the match for all 3, 2 more kills to win and then it boots everyone out, you have got to be fuckin' kidding me...

Not to mention it was my last match to qualify :/

I find this game borderline unplayable in a competitive setting. There's just so many ways to cheese the game.

H5 is a fun social halo game imo. Fun to shoot the shit in Ala destiny or COD. It just lacks the proper balancing to be a game that I can take seriously.

But you can take Halo 3 seriously?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I kinda agree with what you're saying, but I don't even think it's fun socially with how bad the aiming mechanic is. Plus the maps, overall, are just really average-bad.

I'll take autos and Radar over a random BR, blood shots, a doodoo strafe and no guns but a sniper that can shoot even remotely far.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll take autos and Radar over a random BR, blood shots, a doodoo strafe and no guns but a sniper that can shoot even remotely far.

What was your GT during h3?

Shoutout to @MattyMcD for the new reddit rules, needed pretty badly

Here we go.

Not looking to stat flame. I just find it interesting that a lot of people who do all this original trilogy bashing either barely played it or didn't play it at a high level which makes it a very unfair comparison to make.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Retweet

Not looking to stat flame. I just find it interesting that a lot of people who do all this original trilogy bashing either barely played it or didn't play it at a high level which makes it a very unfair comparison to make.

Aren't you like Gold/Plat? How can you use the high-level skill argument when you don't play H5 at the high level (90% of us don't, myself included)?

But from what I can gather the higher up the food chain you go the more the balance issues tend to iron themselves out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aren't you like Gold/Plat? How can you use the high-level skill argument when you don't play H5 at the high level (90% of us don't, myself included)?

But from what I can gather the higher up the food chain you go the more the balance issues tend to iron themselves out.

Yes, I'm gold. It's just so fucking hard to get out of gold. How do you even do it?

Lol

Anyways. My point is that if you are significantly more skilled at one game compared to another it will be hard for you to make a fair comparison.