CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I always said I'd love too play snd in halo :)

Could anyone enlighten those of us who haven't played cod (or in my case not since 3) what snd is?

Is that the one that plays like counter-strike bomb?

It doesnt even look like a next gen title.

Looks like the same caliber as H4 visuals wise, but with 60fps.   But thats just my opinion. 

COMPLETELY agree - its just Halo with even more COD elements thrown into it. 

Shoot even the "new playlists" are just SnD and Hardpoint

343 innovation at its finest! 

The game is 11 months from release. Of course it doesn't look 'next-gen' yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could anyone enlighten those of us who haven't played cod (or in my case not since 3) what snd is?

Yes

• Upvote (+1) 1

two objectives and one bomb. One team has the bomb and the other has to defend. You win by eliminating the other team, or blowing up one of the objectives. Pretty fun.

two objectives and one bomb. One team has the bomb and the other has to defend. You win by eliminating the other team, or blowing up one of the objectives. Pretty fun.

Isn't that pretty much the same almost as neutral bomb?

Isn't that pretty much the same almost as neutral bomb?

Except it's round based and there are no respawns.

Saying a game copied another game is pretty much ******** at this point. That is like saying all first person games copied Wolfenstein because that was the first FPS game that had massive success 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So counter-strike kk. Thanks guys. Always felt a gametype like that was more suited towards games with shorter kill times. I do like the 1 live only with buffed dps concept of breakout though. Sounds more fun than all of the gametypes they have added since h2.

H5 looks fuck all like COD, why do I keep reading this shit.

Because it was allegedly after COD got popular that Halo began to have similar features and mechanics appear in its franchise. When the purpose of a product is to make money, what do you think the reason is that Halo became more like COD??? From what I can tell this is the most common perception and doesn't necessarily represent my views, but it explains why you keep reading that shit.

Saying a game copied another game is pretty much ******** at this point. That is like saying all first person games copied Wolfenstein because that was the first FPS game that had massive success 

yup.  we are long past the point of pretty much every basic idea in a shooter being done before.  all that's left is to take old concepts and do them in new ways.

I was watching Advanced Warfare recently, and it's pretty weird to see so many of the same basic concepts as Halo 5 but designed in such a totally different way.

the boost in CoD is basically a double jump, while in Halo it's an airdash.  the difference basically means in Halo you have to use your old skills of navigating the environment combined with your new ability to move in a way you haven't before, while in CoD it just makes jumping up to places really easy.

That's the main thrust of the differences: in CoD, you get increased power without consequence.  In Halo, you get new skills that you need to master.

Wait, what? Are these Forge variants of Empire and Truth?

Nope, remixes use similar themes and some shared geometry, but they are new designs and maps altogether.

(Regret is the Midship that takes place on the crashed Halo ring, looks like a jungle)

COD doesn't have a shoulder charge, or a ground pound

CoD AW has slide, ground pound, sliding, sprinting, kill cams and ADS.

Halo 1-3 has none of those. H5 does.

Come on man, yes it doesn't look like CoD from an artistic point of view, but when I see people spriting with the pistol and the BR and then going ADS and sliding/spriting to cover I just wanna throw up.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Completely unware.

CoD AW has slide, ground pound, sliding, sprinting, kill cams and ADS.

Halo 1-3 has none of those. H5 does.

Come on man, yes it doesn't look like CoD from an artistic point of view, but when I see people spriting with the pistol and the BR and then going ADS and sliding/spriting to cover I just wanna throw up.

something plenty of other games have.

So I was thinking perhaps sprint is useful for escape if the cover is close enough and not useful at all if the player is in a more open area. Would you guys tend to agree? If so then we should be able the forge maps to force encounters more often in open, inescapable areas. What do you guys think?

I don't have an xb1 yet, is there anywhere else I can watch "the sprint" video series?

Windows App?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing that annoys me is that it isn't even logical. The bullets go straighter? So what, you're telling me when I look down the scope the barrel physically grows longer and the material and build quality improves?

Just keep the exact same spread un-scoped as when scoped. Being knocked out of scope is penalty enough in a long range battle, let alone having your rifle degrade in quality. Once this is done, damage can be modified to find balance.

ALSO BRING BACK THE CE PLASMA RIFLE, fast moving, straight projectiles that PARALYSE!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Also the Sprint is damn excellent. Props to 343 for making this. It's nice to see what goes on at 343, instead of just wondering if they actually think about what they put in.

Just for you the record, I have a better time playing Halo 5 than H2A....

Halo 5 is 1000x more fun to watch than H2A, so I totally see why it would be way more fun.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Don't have 8.1 or Xbox One yet, apparently they talked about new rocket launcher on the Sprint? Can someone summarize what was said/shown?

The funny part is, The Sprint has a better story than Halo: Nightfall. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they do one following the Beta Launch/Post Beta/E3 etc. By far the best content on the Halo Channel/Halowapoint.

• Upvote (+1) 8