CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wouldn't say its more demanding really is it? Mind you i suppose one could argue the definition of demanding? Having to maintain the cursor on target?.  I think the TTK on Ar is 1.06 seconds isn't it?. Now my maths is pretty crap but thats 11.25 bullets a second the AR can spew out and its 12 - 15 shots to kill so i imagine 12 shots is 1.06 seconds. That means you would need to connect with every shot to achieve that speed of killing someone once the enemy is out of that effective range the Br just nails it. An AR seems to be a close to mid range weapon at most. If my target is in the effective range of my Ar and he is trying to Br me he should only win if i miss my shots through his superior movement or something like that. If i have a Br in its effective range against a guy with an AR the Br will win if i connect my shots and even then i can miss one burst and still win the same can't be said for the AR its a pain to kill at a long distance with it but that's how it should be.

8yNVd.gif

What do you think of the separation between the Warzone and Arena lists? An easy way to kill a redundant screen would be to display both categories underneath a single "Matchmaking" or "Multiplayer heading in a simple two column layout.

Is having an entire screen for the two Warzone lists necessary? Plus having to wait through a loading screen and the slow fade in of the main menu just to switch playlist categories is very cumbersome imo.

Not a fan of it, yet I understand why they did it. Which is odd consdiering I hardly ever understand 343's reasoning behind things. Since it's 343's new feature game mode, they wanted to stand out and really draw attention to it. It's drawing them tons of revenue, thus, I can at least see the premise behind them wanting to really bring it out. 

Now the the slow fade and waiting between menus is a different story. They did this for dramatic affect I assume, but it's just tedious and unnecessary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

generic I'm better than everyone here because I don't get in discussions about balance post

It's better than shitposting for 99.9% of your posts which literally do nothing but make this community look awful

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's better than shitposting for 99.9% of your posts which literally do nothing but make this community look awful

I don't shitpost. 

What Halo community looks good to any other community on the internet anyway? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what else makes other communities look awful? 

Dem upvotes... Halo 5 needs LAN

IFb6e76.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't shitpost. 

What Halo community looks good to any other community on the internet anyway? 

There is no intellectual discussion about balance in this thread for at least the past 100 pages, maybe even more.

There has been SHITPOSTING about balance however.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no intellectual discussion about balance in this thread for at least the past 100 pages, maybe even more.

There has been SHITPOSTING about balance however.

Well how much more could people possibly say? Pretty much every reason why the weapons are unbalanced has been stated. And nothing else has really happened with the game to talk about.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Is there any topic in particular anyone would like to hear discussed in a podcast? Ive talked to cT and Hardy Lebel both about doing a podcast and they're both down.

One thing I'd be curious to hear their thoughts on is the fact that we see games increasingly focusing around 'achievements' (for lack of a better word).  They dangle a carrot in front of our face (REQ's and ranks are good examples of this in Halo) hoping well keep running after it, while seemingly ignoring (at least AAA games) the old school approach of making a simple but addictive core experience.  Why do developers take that approach?  What is it about Halo (especially the first 3) that hooked people on it?  How does Halo get 'that thing' back (assuming they agree it's been lost)?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well how much more could people possibly say? Pretty much every reason why the weapons are unbalanced has been stated. And nothing else has really happened with the game to talk about.

That is some pretty piss poor reasoning.

Legit just hold your mouth then, resist the temptation. If you really want to bring something up, find a quality post that plenty of members have posted and quote that as reference. It isn't hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit just hold your mouth then, resist the temptation. If you really want to bring something up, find a quality post that plenty of members have posted and quote that as reference. It isn't hard.

This thread is going to die faster than Halo 5 if nobody talks about Halo and what we want to see improve. 

Obviously posting memes and reaction gifs is great quality posting so maybe we should just start doing that in this tread too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait for the argument of "Well this fanbase is consisted of mostly teens and kids anyways so you should expect this kind of behavior"

Seriously somebody used that as an excuse ITT awhile back

So you want everyone to search through pages to find a quote instead? Why? A post is a post it's really not a big deal. It's an Internet forum the whole point is to talk. If someone's posts annoy you just keep scrolling.

And there is not a single thread where everyone is posting top tier MLA format papers with citations on competitive balance. This is just the general Halo 5 thread so people say whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So you want everyone to search through pages to find a quote instead? Why? A post is a post it's really not a big deal. It's an Internet forum the whole point is to talk. If someone's posts annoy you just keep scrolling.

And there is not a single thread where everyone is posting top tier MLA format papers with citations on competitive balance. This is just the general Halo 5 thread so people say whatever.

People using MLA for non-English/Literature related writing.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

:/

I thought we were friends.

:/

I thought we were friends.

??? I don't see you shitposting ever ??? (OT of GT is supposed to be shitposting so as that is what OT is)

According to Cursed Lemon (2016) Halo 5 lacks proper balance. (p. 254)

Lemon, C. (2016). Halo: Competitive Balance (1st ed., Vol. 1). CA: Lemon Productions.

Incorrect MLA formatting
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So seeing how people are liking the stat guys doing the damage per death stat, it got me thinking of what other stats could we do/hope H6 includes?

Brainstorming I thought of;

- Damage taken/damage taken per death: Might help better determine "staying alive factor/carelessness"

- Assisted damage: The average amount of damage you deal that leads to a kill your teammate cleans up

- Unassisted damage: The damage you deal that teammates don't clean up and the enemy just regens (I realize assisted/unassisted dmg are not good names to call these)

Maybe even an extension of damage dealt/dealt per death, where it averages it out over all your games, to get a sort of "baseline" that you do, to maybe determine at a glance if you're under performing (and by how much).