CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How you could possibly think the weapon balance in H5 is anything short of pure shit.

What weapons you referring to when you say this? Because aside from Warzone i find the sandbox pretty balanced tbh.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I've been thinking about the "Halo One Pistol" in this game again, and I realized that they really did screw up its functionality in every conceivable way. Seriously.

It's easy to use and isn't at all like the original because they intended for it to be a power weapon for Warzone. But they made it a level 6 REQ, the same level at which you can call in tanks, rockets and snipers, among other superior power items, making it an inferior choice.

But who cares about Warzone? As long as there's a powerful starting weapon for custom games, you could always increase the average kill time by just raising the movement speed and acceleration...

... Except the average kill time is artificially increased for you already, and I don't just mean by Halo 5's aiming system this time: the "Halo One Pistol" has copious amounts of spread right out the ass, rendering it completely unfit and unreliable for any sort of play whatsoever, casual or competitive.

So it's not for the hardcore competitive players that would buy the game just for this weapon alone if it worked right, and it's not even really for the few casual Warzone players who will ever even get a chance to use it... Who in the fuck did they make this for? Oh wait a minute, they must have made it for the people who are still playing this game: nobody.

Well played.  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

Dicks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What weapons you referring to when you say this? Because aside from Warzone i find the sandbox pretty balanced tbh.

Before you get into this just know that every weapon being "good", or "viable" does NOT mean it's balanced. 

Before you get into this just know that every weapon being "good", or "viable" does NOT mean it's balanced. 

I didn't say that did I. I am just wondering if its another "Autos are too powerful" rant.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I didn't say that did I. I am just wondering if its another "Autos are too powerful" rant.

I didn't say you said anything did I? I was just wondering if you were starting another stupid "Halo 5 is balanced because everything is useful and has a place" arguments.

The Autos ARE too powerful. Like seriously how can you play games and not understand that?

My man, you've played one Halo game and now you are trying to argue about Halo weapon balance. Why?

According to 343 Halo 5 retains players just fine.

Halo 3 is the only halo that's been higher.

Even though I seriously doubt a game that struggles to stay in the top 10 can make that claim.

I remember Lemon posting a link/article by Bungie stating H2 had a better retention than H3 lol.

My man, you've played one Halo game and now you are trying to argue about Halo weapon balance. Why?

Am wondering Where you get the idea i only played this halo? I was playing halo when you was still making tower blocks in Primary school That's just ridiculous.

Am wondering Where you get the idea i only played this halo? I was playing halo when you was still making tower blocks in Primary school That's just ridiculous.

Shit wrong person my bad. Lollllllll the classic "I've been doing _ before you were born" haven't heard that one!

So tell me then, how is having autos that have faster perfect kill times than precision weapons good "balance"?

Wow, one post is all it takes for everyone to belittle someone for only playing one Halo instead of intellectually explaining why the Sandbox isn't balanced.

COLOUR ME SHOCKED

You thought this wasn't TeamBeyond

Wow, one post is all it takes for everyone to belittle someone for only playing one Halo instead of intellectually explaining why the Sandbox isn't balanced.

COLOUR ME SHOCKED

I'm too sleepy to be intellectual.

Shit wrong person my bad. Lollllllll the classic "I've been doing _ before you were born" haven't heard that one!

So tell me then, how is having autos that have faster perfect kill times than precision weapons good "balance"?

Well yes it does but only in its effective range its supposed to beat a precision gun in the area it specializes in. The BR rules in the area that is supposed to. Between the Ar and Br i think its .5 seconds is it? But only in its area which given its an automatic that is obvious and in real close quarters the smg wins out. And even then a br can still win at close range with a good user on the trigger. If i go round a corner and i get wasted due to Him having an Ar and me a Br then that is my mistake. There maybe the odd weapon which is out of balance but the Ar is what its meant to be a spray and pray weapon. It doesn't even have the proper range of an assault rifle nor does it have selective fire.

Edit: And it happens to me a bit to dying to an Ar because i am so used to using the Br all the time.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Well yes it does but only in its effective range its supposed to beat a precision gun in the area it specializes in. The BR rules in the area that is supposed to. Between the Ar and Br i think its .5 seconds is it? But only in its area which given its an automatic that is obvious and in real close quarters the smg wins out. And even then a br can still win at close range with a good user on the trigger. If i go round a corner and i get wasted due to Him having an Ar and me a Br then that is my mistake. There maybe the odd weapon which is out of balance but the Ar is what its meant to be a spray and pray weapon. It doesn't even have the proper range of an assault rifle nor does it have selective fire.

Ehh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Giving weapons a free win in specific ranges isn't how Halo is supposed to be balanced. It's absolute cheese that an easier to use weapon can kill you more quickly than precision weapons. And no, a "skilled BR user" cannot win if the AR user fires first and doesn't miss, or shoots a couple shots and melees. And the AR is the weakest of the autos. Smg is even stronger and the storm rifle is astronomically better. Halo is supposed to reward you for using precision weapons. No matter how good you are with precision weapons the autos still have a faster kill time. And on top of that everything has smart scope so autos have extended range now. Considerably more range actually.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Giving weapons a free win in specific ranges isn't how Halo is supposed to be balanced. It's absolute cheese that an easier to use weapon can kill you more quickly than precision weapons. And no, a "skilled BR user" cannot win if the AR user fires first and doesn't miss, or shoots a couple shots and melees. And the AR is the weakest of the autos. Smg is even stronger and the storm rifle is astronomically better. Halo is supposed to reward you for using precision weapons. No matter how good you are with precision weapons the autos still have a faster kill time. And on top of that everything has smart scope so autos have extended range now. Considerably more range actually.

Well storm rifle i can agree with its a touch too powerful against shields, Its not a free win mistakes can be made etc it happens but in cqb if both hit their shots then yes that's how it should be balanced that's just logic its why we have a multitude of different type guns invented in the real world and in different types of games.  The intention being each gun has a purpose only in games it doesn't always work out that way. If i engage an Ar user at rangewith a br that's a free kill is that how its supposed to be balanced? Is the Br too powerful because it can kill in such a way at its desired range well?.

Well storm rifle i can agree with its a touch too powerful against shields, Its not a free win mistakes can be made etc it happens but in cqb if both hit their shots then yes that's how it should be balanced that's just logic its why we have a multitude of different type guns invented in the real world and in different types of games. The intention being each gun has a purpose only in games it doesn't always work out that way. If i engage an Ar user at rangewith a br that's a free kill is that how its supposed to be balanced? Is the Br too powerful because it can kill in such a way at its desired range well?.

Utility weapon. Niche weapons to compliment it. That's literally all there needs to be and we would have a balanced Halo game. Not a bunch of range dominant weapons and strong easy to use weapons.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

If i engage an Ar user at rangewith a br that's a free kill is that how its supposed to be balanced?

Yes. Because an AR requires very little skill to use and no effort to obtain, while a BR is more demanding (how demanding is of course a point of contention, but that's neither here nor there).

There's basically three things that go into balancing a weapon: how powerful it is, how easy/difficult it is to use said weapon at its best, and the difficulty of acquiring it.

The reason why no one calls the Rocket Launcher overpowered even though it is incredibly strong and not all that difficult to use is because its something that every person in the match fights over.

Another example would be the CE Pistol. Its very strong, and everyone spawns with it, but what keeps it in check is the difficulty of actually landing that perfect three shot.

You know what I just noticed? The AR, a spawn weapon, has better kill-times than the BR, a pick-up. Therefore, the AR should be nerfed so that the map-pickups can be useful!

checkmate casuals

So, what you're saying is, scrap the Magnum, scrap the BR, scrap the DMR. Make this fucker the utility weapon we truly deserve? You certainly have a good thinker.

So, what you're saying is, scrap the Magnum, scrap the BR, scrap the DMR. Make this fucker the utility weapon we truly deserve? You certainly have a good thinker.

Without reading any of what you just wrote, yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Yes. Because an AR requires very little skill to use and no effort to obtain, while a BR is more demanding (how demanding is of course a point of contention, but that's neither here nor there).

I wouldn't say its more demanding really is it? Mind you i suppose one could argue the definition of demanding? Having to maintain the cursor on target?.  I think the TTK on Ar is 1.06 seconds isn't it?. Now my maths is pretty crap but thats 11.25 bullets a second the AR can spew out and its 12 - 15 shots to kill so i imagine 12 shots is 1.06 seconds. That means you would need to connect with every shot to achieve that speed of killing someone once the enemy is out of that effective range the Br just nails it. An AR seems to be a close to mid range weapon at most. If my target is in the effective range of my Ar and he is trying to Br me he should only win if i miss my shots through his superior movement or something like that. If i have a Br in its effective range against a guy with an AR the Br will win if i connect my shots and even then i can miss one burst and still win the same can't be said for the AR its a pain to kill at a long distance with it but that's how it should be.