CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just played on Guilotine for my first game so I'm gonna guess yea.

They just had to make it 5v5 didn't they?

They made Team Snipers 5v5?

What is with this 5v5 fetish, jesus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when we voted for these social playlists and got bonus XP?

I don't even think I'll bother playing Snipers this week. It's basically a game of shotty snipers with how stupidly powerful the gun is.

You can also still use vehicles and turrets. It's such great fun.

And yea it's 5v5. I don't get why they keep doing this. But hey, who doesn't love trying to snipe when 5 people can be anywhere at any time with a sniper/shotgun hybrid and no radar?

After not letting us choose the social playlists or giving us anything extra, nows a pretty good time to bring back Infection am i right

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why has there still not been a community maps playlist (not breakout).

Come on 343.

What drives me crazy is they keep doing community highlights, which is great and all but when they highlight awesome maps, it feels like a slap in the face.   "Here, here are some cool maps that you'll never be able to experience because there is no customs browser and you have no friends who play customs.  But here they are for you to look and drool over, no taste test though."  

There has been soooo much good content created by forge in this game, but what good is good content if it can't be easily enjoyed.   Frustrates me to no end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My next game was against a To5 on Basin. Yea this playlist is terrible, and with no XP/RP rewards it's looks like no "social" playlist for me this week.

I hate the BTB maps in this game because everything is so damn blinding. I want you to try and play snipers on Basin if you haven't already.

Team Snipers had this exact same issue last time. BTB maps being used (blergh) and they left vehicles on the maps. It was quickly fixed but I guess they just forgot about that this time around.

I'm so sick of Team Snipers being wasted in the social slot. It's clear that people want it, it's clear that the matchmaking team has a hard on for it, so just make it permanent so we can focus on some actual interesting social playlists that are sitting dormant right now like Social SWAT, Social CTF and Social Slayer. It's possible to make Ricochet and Oddball now, make those into gametypes and make them the social playlist for a week.

Just stop doing Snipers, especially when it's 5v5, on BTB maps and the Sniper is a stupidly overpowered weapon.

Sorry for going on a rant. It's frustrating to see some choices being made that make no sense. At the very least offer some explanation on why the community votes stopped, why the bonus XP stopped, where the bonus REQ points are, why it's 5v5, why you are choosing to put Snipers up again when there are so many more fresh options, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My next game was against a To5 on Basin. Yea this playlist is terrible, and with no XP/RP rewards it's looks like no "social" playlist for me this week.

I hate the BTB maps in this game because everything is so damn blinding. I want you to try and play snipers on Basin if you haven't already.

MRW when I played Recurve for the first time in months.

inCPwZj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Astronomy is probably the most interesting field of science.

Popular astronomy is really interesting, studying it on the other hand is not so much.

Learning about exoplanet detection techniques is not the most interesting thing ever...

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you stop enjoying a game just because someone points out something they think is a flaw? You can understand their view point and agree or disagree with them but I still don't understand how that can take away your enjoyment of the game. 

Halo 3 only has 2 flaws really. That is the netcode, and the random spread. The spread should not have been random, and the netcode should have been better. 

I know you really love Halo 3 in particular, but it has more flaws than that if we're talking about competitive ones that impact the skill ceiling. CE and to a lesser extent Halo 2 have higher skill ceilings than Halo 3. Even if you fixed the netcode and took away the RNG spread, it still has the slowest kill times, linear maps, an even weaker sandbox than Halo 2, and the list goes on. After having these things pointed out and explained in detail to me, I just... don't really want to play it as much anymore. Why put time into Halo 3 when other games offer more room for growth?

Joining Beyond and reading all these beautiful, passionate, intelligent posts some of the members here have written about Halo combined with getting to play CE for myself (though broken) on MCC has really changed my viewpoint on the entire series.

Slow perfect kill times can eat a bag of penises.  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Welp.. Looks like I'm not playing Snipers lol. I just think it's funny that none of the normal Arena maps in this game are not even well designed for anything but 4v4. 

1v1s and 2v2s, the maps are too big with power weapons that spawn too quickly in relation to the smaller team sizes.

5v5s are just entirely too hectic on all of these maps.

Just put 4v4 Snipers on the normal maps. No shotty snipers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Snipers had this exact same issue last time. BTB maps being used (blergh) and they left vehicles on the maps. It was quickly fixed but I guess they just forgot about that this time around.

I'm so sick of Team Snipers being wasted in the social slot. It's clear that people want it, it's clear that the matchmaking team has a hard on for it, so just make it permanent so we can focus on some actual interesting social playlists that are sitting dormant right now like Social SWAT, Social CTF and Social Slayer. It's possible to make Ricochet and Oddball now, make those into gametypes and make them the social playlist for a week.

Just stop doing Snipers, especially when it's 5v5, on BTB maps and the Sniper is a stupidly overpowered weapon.

Sorry for going on a rant. It's frustrating to see some choices being made that make no sense. At the very least offer some explanation on why the community votes stopped, why the bonus XP stopped, where the bonus REQ points are, why it's 5v5, why you are choosing to put Snipers up again when there are so many more fresh options, etc.

I don't think it should be permanent, for reasons I'm not in the mood to debate, and I personally enjoy the varied size of maps (both Arena and BTB mixed), but I agree that matchmaking sustain is slipping.

No XP, no 2x RP, 5v5 without an explanation (we can assume some reasons), no clarification as to what changes each week/month with updates etc.

There used to be detailed blogs with in-depth explanations as to what changed in each playlist and we don't even get that anymore.

Well, I'll continue to play dragons dogma and the division rather than that poor excuse for a snipers playlist. Social weekends should never be wasted on snipers.

I agree with all of Moas complaints as well :/

Oh well, I'll get on for some warzone this weekend and that's probably it.

Welp.. Looks like I'm not playing Snipers lol. I just think it's funny that none of the normal Arena maps in this game are even well designed for anything but 4v4. 

1v1s and 2v2s, the maps are too big with power weapons that spawn too quickly in relation to the smaller team sizes.

5v5s are just entirely too hectic on all of these maps.

Just put 4v4 Snipers on the normal maps. No shotty snipers. 

It's because all the arena maps are designed to feel like COD, small rooms, long narrow hallways with short sight lines.  None of the stock maps are wide open with brilliant sight lines.  They want people looking 15 meters ahead at all times.   When you design maps like that, they aren't going be versatile.  They are niche.    That's why we need more arena maps with big wide open rooms and areas with really open sight lines.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I think I'll decide between "TheSaveryst" "TheSaveryFive" "Savoiry" "Sweet N Savery" and just "TB Savery"

or you go with a book/movie referance

Saveryus Snape

Darth Saveryus

:intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just wanted to list off the maps we have in Halo 5 arena and how almost all of them are small corridor based maps with terrible sight lines.  No openness.  This combined with thrust, clamor, and sprint just ruins the game.  Also why they won't do snipers on arena maps imo.

Pegasus – long linear sight lines running down the sides of the maps.  Ring around the rosie.  Sight lines should be able to go across center of map.

Coliseum – most open map in my opinion but ruined by the fact that no matter where you are at on the map, you can thrust and sprint out of battle.

Eden – small corridor sight lines

Empire – small corridor sight lines

Fathom – could be better with VATs taken out and no cover in front of bases.

Overgrowth – tight cluster fuck COD map.

Plaza – several long sight lines but mostly non open. majority corridor based. Take the vehicles out of bottom mid to improve.

Regret – Terrible sight lines.  Almost all short.

Riptide - lots of long hallways.  One big open room ruined by overpowered top mid position.

The Rig – We all know rig sight lines suck.  Best sight lines imo are nest to basement

Torque -Long sight lines on sides stunted by cylinders.  Top mid sight line studed by wall near dmr.

Truth – Better than regret, more open with better sight lines

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I think I'll decide between "TheSaveryst" "TheSaveryFive" "Savoiry" "Sweet N Savery" and just "TB Savery"

Sweet N Savery