CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Am I the only one really bothered with the sounds? It bothers me a lot (cuz Im picky) that the shields aren't even close to the original sound. Even Halo 4 had a similar shield sound from the original.

The noise pollution is worse in this game versus any other in the series and I can't stress enough how terrible the camera work is. Halo 4's camera work at least resembled a Halo game (that really isn't saying much) but it speaks volumes when Halo 5's FOV flair is raw cliche.

Gunfire, mixed with callouts, mixed with loud footsteps = things only acceptable through VR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HAHAHA, I was just watching Episode 5 of the Sprint, and at about 9:05 if you stop it you can see Quinn is wearing a shirt that on the back says "Halo CE kid" with some type of graphic I cant make out. I wonder if this is a reference to the forumers who like to label people "HCE kids" "H2 kids" "08' kids" "Reach kids" "H4 noobs" LOL  :quinn:

Edit: At 10:25 you clearly see the back of the shirt again and its a graphic of the god pistol  :walshy: Too bad the H5 pistol is worse than the AR from the looks of it  -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does this game suck or is it good? I haven't played and haven't been reading the thread.

Are you able to get into the beta?

In the last few days at waypoint, the discussion about smart scope got a little tense, as people accused Holmes for lying about hip fire not being penalized. About an hour ago, Holmes made a statement in waypoint regarding this subject:

"Hey – this is Josh Holmes posting.

I want to clarify the function of the smart-link system. There is no penalty to hip fire while using smart-link. It’s really important to us that you maintain freedom of movement, your shots remain accurate, etc. so that we aren’t disrupting the natural movement and flow of Halo. In the case of automatic weapons (eg: AR, SMG) there is a slight improvement to shot spread while zoomed in via smart-link. However, the obvious trade-off is that getting shot while using smart-link will de-scope you, disrupting any benefit. As I said in the vidoc that we released earlier, we don’t want people to feel like they need to use smart-link to be successful at the game. If you watch our pro team play (and dominate) you’ll see them switching back and forth between hip fire and smart-link, depending on the situation and range to target.

A reminder that H5:G is still very much in development and this beta is about getting the game in the hands of fans so that we can use your feedback to improve our multiplayer experience for the game’s launch next fall. I appreciate all of the impressions that people have shared so far and look forward to receiving even more feedback once we launch the beta on Dec 29th.Thank you!

/Josh"

Link.

UPDATE

Holmes replied to me: 

"The improvement to spread helps extend the range on autos slightly while zoomed to make them more viable and balance against precision weapons like the BR and DMR. You will still lose a duel against a skilled player with a precision weapon at range, but with zoom you can more effectively fight back at mid-range or try to descope a sniper (for example). Personally, I would swap the AR our for the BR at every opportunity because the accuracy and ability to land headshots suits my style of play but we want autos to maintain an effective role in combat, particularly at close to mid range.

We're still honing balance so we're very open to feedback here. Please play the beta and let us know what you think!"

Link.

I don't know what to say. He just admitted that Halo 5 does have ADS. The last paragraph made optimistic, though, as he claims that they're open for change regarding SS.

I don't know what to say. He just admitted that Halo 5 does have ADS. The last paragraph made optimistic, though, as he claims that they're open for change regarding SS.

I really just want classic scope options for the BR/DMR, I dont mind the increased range of the pistol/AR through smart-scope and their scopes are not NEARLY as intrusive/restrictive as the DMR's is for example. I really dont care if some dude prefers the more ADS-like sight, but have the classic scopes optional for the BR and DMR at a minimum. The BR is one of the most iconic R+G weapons in the history of shooters, and it doesn't even look or function like a BR anymore with the ADS scope. I also dont like the added delay that the "smart-scope" scopes seem to add to the BR and DMR whereas before it was nearly instant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A greater part of me wishes he admitted this earlier before the Beta, but another part of me is relieved he didn't wait until like eight months later to officially comment on it.

Anyways yeah let's make sure Ranged Combat is solid out of the box, as per feedback.

De-scope argument is dumb. It's frighteningly easy to stick to a target and scope back in and out when zoom is mapped to LT. Hell it's easy with right thumbstick too when all you have to do is hold down the trigger to shoot. In case nobody get's me; At medium range, where autos are now much stronger thanks to smart link and 343s lack of brain cells as a collective. You won't even need to move your right thumbstick while holding LT to keep your smart link advantage. I watched neighbors stream and a few other pros during the early access for the beta, there was countless times neighbor could have used smart link with either the smg or assault rifle to make countless kills easier but he didn't. Whether told to try not show off how broken it is by his employers or whether it just makes him feel like a ***. It is obvious that in it's current state, smart movement will allow players to dominate anyone with autos..

ed; sneak king

I really just want classic scope options for the BR/DMR, I dont mind the increased range of the pistol/AR through smart-scope and their scopes are not NEARLY as intrusive/restrictive as the DMR's is for example. I really dont care if some dude prefers the more ADS-like sight, but have the classic scopes optional for the BR and DMR at a minimum. The BR is one of the most iconic R+G weapons in the history of shooters, and it doesn't even look or function like a BR anymore with the ADS scope. I also dont like the added delay that the "smart-scope" scopes seem to add to the BR and DMR whereas before it was nearly instant.

Interestingly, there has always been a very slight delay for zooming in. It's just you never noticed due to there not being an animation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interestingly, there has always been a very slight delay for zooming in. It's just you never noticed due to there not being an animation.

Yes, it has. problem is, the delay takes more time, now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is what I have observed/heard from friends who have played the beta as well.

As my long time H2 XBL friend said, "Dude...I couldn't imagine playing Tour De Walsh on Truth with the H5 BR" IMO  :goat:

If it aint broke, dont fix it. The BR should be the ultimate R+G precision rifle as it always has been, with ADS and no 3-round burst its just not the same.

and no 3-round burst

What?

I don't exactly have frame data on hand for that kind of thing, but it felt comparable.

The ADS discussion only effects the AR and SMG. This has nothing to do with the BR since scoping has always tightened its spread.

What?

I don't exactly have frame data on hand for that kind of thing, but it felt comparable.

There is no visible 3-round burst on the BR anymore, From watching videos it seems like there was no difference in feel or how the gun shot between the DMR and BR. Maybe its different if you play it, but I literally thought the BR was the DMR at first glance and its still hard to distinguish the two.

• Upvote (+1) 1