CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

soooo... no more gandhi hopping?

It works, just don't hold the crouch button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It works, just don't hold the crouch button.

that is cheese. oh well. hopefully its disable-able lol

Someone else said it a couple days ago here but Ground Pound really needs to change to the "jump" button. I think this would alleviate a lot of problems with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 has really stepped up their metals game. More variety in colors/design, and for actions that are badass, not just weapon-specific.

Maybe for their new additions... but overall the medal pool is still quite bad. Way too many medals

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think instead of having weapon-specific medals they just rate them per your frequency of use... Kind of like, you know, the "weapon of choice" statistic.

Post-Game Equipment Stats (example):

Ranged:

1. BR (5+ Kills SPREE BONUS)
  2. Sniper (2+ Kills)
  3. DMR (4+ Kills)
  4. Carbine
  5. Light Rifle

Close-Quarters:

1. Shotgun (10+ Kills SPREE BONUS 2x)
  2. Plasma Sword (4+ Kills)
  3. Prophets Bane (2+ Kills)
  4. Scattershot
  5. Gravity Hammer

Maybe for their new additions... but overall the medal pool is still quite bad. Way too many medals

You're saying you don't enjoy Jeff Steitzer whispering sweet nothings into your ear?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's my feedback:

Pros:

• Aiming is hard
  • Dismissing sprint, the movement feels fluid, I think Clamber is a good addition
  • Spartan callouts are helpful, but redundant (Ex. "Sniper in 10" followed by "Power weapons in 10", yeah no shit)
  • In game timers are nice.
  • The health bars are nice, it's pleasant to know how long till shields recharge.
  • Killtimes are good, disregarding automatic weapons.

Cons:

• ADS really needs to go. 343 had said it was just another version of scoping, but it affects the spread of automatic weapons and that is bullshit. I could live with it if it didn't affect weapon accuracy though.
  • Sprint needs to go as well, you can still run away from battles. Without sprint killtimes would be near perfect. It also makes maps fuckhuge, Truth is just ridiculous in size.
  • Automatic weapons are too powerful, they need a nerf.
  • Sniper takes too long to scope in.
  • Everything fucking beeps.
  • Also, too many damn medals, and some of them just sound weird. I feel like I'm being purred to when I get the perfect kill one.

Overall the game does feel like a mashup of Halo 4 and Reach. It just feels like too much is going on and it fails to captivate. It feels like it has a lot of potential, just several things killing it at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 7

List of changes/Future plans I recommend for Halo 5 so far:

Charge and Ground Pound Insta-kill upon direct impact.
Make the ARs range reduced and also reduce its damage slightly.
Make the DMR a little slower when shooting.
Speed up the Sniper Rifles zoom in animation by at least double the speed.
Widen the Sniper Rifles FOV while aiming down the scope.
Reduce the pistols rate of fire a little or reduce the power. 
Allow spectator mode to be live, and not just a video clip.
Allow the ability to save other peoples videos from spectator mode. 
Increase the Recharge speed of your shields once you've stopped sprinting.
Make the sprint recharge bar (the very top small bar) resume from where it left off, instead of resetting every time you sprint. E.g. Stop, recharge, sprint, stop, carry on recharging from where it left off (not resetting).
Everyone should start the lowest rank, and work their way up, and not be given a high rank just from playing 10 games.
That's most of the things I'd improve on apart from the obvious matchmaking speeds, and the obvious well known Beta glitches. 
A main bug I came across was being stuck in the game once the game has ended. Not sure if anyone else has had it so I'll bring it up.

EDIT: Also I agree that flinch needs removing.

So I discovered something while playing the beta the other day.

When you start the ground pound animation your spartan slowly boosts upwards just enough to clamber up to some places you wouldn't be able to get without doing this. 

I was able to go from from the bottoms of the bases up to the top on Truth, from bottom mid to top mix on truth and from the yard to the platform on Empire.

It's not as hard as a spring jump but harder than a crouch jump. You do it by jumping, pressing and holding the crouch button for less than a second and then clambering at the height of your boost. It took a while to get the timing down but I found it was easiest to do when you were standing as close to your target as possible instead of trying to sprint at it. I wasn't able to tell if sprinting increased your height when doing it.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not on 343's part but I hope it remains in the games to preserve some of the skill jumping clambering negates.

its the little things...

You guys all know that sprint is never going to go out right?

Who knows what will happen but uncertainty is a poor excuse to not try and get your voice heard.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm fighting until the end.

Damn right, I'm fighting till there is no more sprint. 

If sprint gets in, I'll gladly take another suspension for bashing 343i so hard.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I seriously hope sprint is taken out, if not and Halo goes into another slump I'll provide support for those who want to switch over to PC gaming!

If Halo fails this time I'm getting another gtx 980 lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Damn right, I'm fighting till there is no more sprint. 

If sprint gets in, I'll gladly take another suspension for bashing 343i so hard.

"Fight back!" "Punish 343!"

I hope you realize this isn't a warzone and you constantly making posts that make 343 out to be some oppressive dictatorship is really just silly. They aren't making these decisions to hurt your feelings, they're doing it to make money, you know, them being a business and all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Fight back!" "Punish 343!"

I hope you realize this isn't a warzone and you constantly making posts that make 343 out to be some oppressive dictatorship is really just silly. They aren't making these decisions to hurt your feelings, they're doing it to make money, you know, them being a business and all. 

What's silly is that we haven't had a good "new" Halo game to play in years.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Halo 2 Anniversary is still better than Halo 4 by miles (with some necessary changes due, mileage varies), but I prefer if the H2A Multiplayer was more than a celebration of Halo 2 -- doesn't age the game well to ride coattails.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's silly is that we haven't had a good "new" Halo game to play in years.

Well that's entirely subjective. No need for 343's recent track record to get you in such an aggressive state of mind, I mean we're just talking about a video game right? 

Just by watching all this gameplay it looks like it would be sosososossoso fun if sprint wasn't in. Thruster pack looks like it could an interesting mechanic. Sprint for ME will make or break this game if I buy it or not. It's sad thinking that MCC might be the last Halo game I ever buy after all these years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one really bothered with the sounds? It bothers me a lot (cuz Im picky) that the shields aren't even close to the original sound. Even Halo 4 had a similar shield sound from the original.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here are my questions/concerns.

1. How does 343 not see a correlation between between sprint/armour abilities and the decline of competitive halo? Sprint, thrust, etc. eliminates strategy and makes all areas of the map available at all times. I watched Walshy jump from red base, boot and the clammer to top midship and just to top blue in about three seconds. In halo two this would have required his team to have map control for him to take a route to top mid, then jump to the opposing base. This alone should be concerning and no part of the map is off limits, meaning map control is eliminated.

2. Halo kids are halo kids because it is not call of Duty. We don't want sprint, we don't want ADS, we don't want flinch. We want HALO. mcc tournes thus far have had so many close matches between top squads because it is all back to the basics, all about skill and strat. We want to see skill plays, snipes, BR duals, team shooting. Not booster packing across a gap and getting position advantage without any skill involved.

3. mcc has pretty graphics and great game play. That's the formula. You are releasing the first true halo for next gen, that is your ticket, bring back classic game play and use the great graphics as your selling point to casual fans. The old cliche if it ain't broke don't fix it applies to halo, too. What was the big change from halo CE to halo 2? Dual weild, hit reg ? Not a large change, but a Massive improvement to competitive play and mass appeal. SMALL tweaks, NOT CHANGES.

You could release H2A maps for the next five years and make people happy because there's no fluff crap in that game.

4. As is, being a halo player since CE, I will not buy halo 5. It is sad because I have been at the same store since halo two at midnight to get the new halo. 343 has bobbled and bobbled and they have finally officially fumbled. This is a sad era for halo. By taking over for bungie they felt the need to differentiate, when really they needed to just carry the torch.

• Upvote (+1) 2