CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It didn't happen as often back then as people didn't have an incentive to stat-pad. Obviously some people did, but people cared about win/loss back then and K/D wasn't really a thing to worry about.

yeah thats pretty true, although i do remember a lot of it, and BTB was so filled with it, i remember people had to take turns using the Gauss warthog turret on Standoff.

I would argue that it happened more in h3 because in general, people cared more.

Just because you didn't see it didn't mean it wasn't happening.

In H3, no one cared about stats compared to cumulative 50s.

RippinHeads made a good example of how it shouldn't be taken as an actual measure of skill/knowledge of the game, having the best overall K/D in ranked but struggling in team-based stuff where all the online warriors were like TS, MLG, Brawl...

Sure, stat whoring was a thing, but no one REALLY cared. It was just a "how bad can we make this" kind of thing. People care far more now that KDA is slapped on the front page of service records instead of win rate (what a dumb mistake).

Why do they have automatics and radar in competitive, seriously.

They take no skill and just promote playing like a complete noob.

RippinHeads made a good example of how it shouldn't be taken as an actual measure of skill/knowledge of the game, having the best overall K/D in ranked but struggling in team-based stuff where all the online warriors were like TS, MLG, Brawl...

Sure, stat whoring was a thing, but no one REALLY cared. It was just a "how bad can we make this" kind of thing. People care far more now that KDA is slapped on the front page of service records instead of win rate (what a dumb mistake).

I remember playing h4 doubles and the only people who would actually play me and friend were people with like 1.5-ish k/d. When we found these players with literally 80k kills 10k deaths we thought "finally a good game", nope, they backed out every single time.

Wonder how they got such a "good" kd... :bman:

Also rippinhead's loved his kd more than most lol, he deranked his 50 whilst trying to stay above 2.0 ranked kd (stating in obj for e.g)

Looking for constructive crictism and how I could improve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ScK4nLG0M&feature=youtu.be

When people have rocket try to stay in the air. You should have jumped or trusted or something. 

First kill, use AR is close combat. 

Your aim needs some work. Play octagon, or another game entirely. On 360 there were a few games with no aim assist.

Without thinking about it I always jump when I shoot with the rocket. You often want to hit the ground right, and it's easier then. Do this as well. Also, when I have the rocket I always treat the rocket very preciously. I only shoot when I know I can kill them. 

It also doesn't seem like you pay attention to where the sounds are coming from, or where your teammates are fighting. You just run around. Also, try to predict spawns. 

Also, you sprint too much. You stop sprinting when you are already half shield. You have to stop sprinting before you see them, when you THINK you will see someone. Use sounds, radar, kills and deaths, teammates, callouts to predict this.

Also, you scope in when people are 2 meters away from you. This is not COD, and it is not going to help you. Stop doing that. 

Also, while it depends on the map and where you are on the map, you GENERALLY wanna run around with your utility weapon and then change to the close close combat weapon when it comes down to it, not the other way around. When you learn where to move and predict enemies you can switch it up a little bit. 

Just general advice. Hope this helps.

I can't give you any big advice on jumps or positioning as I have only clocked in 100 games in the game myself, and I don't play it anymore. It seems like you should work on what I told you first anyway. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do they have automatics and radar in competitive, seriously.

They take no skill and just promote playing like a complete noob.

I know. We will get that shit removed in Halo 6. 

You're looking at it from a skewed view. A view that only encompassed a tiny part of h3 MM. I constantly messed around with the ranking system so I played at all kinds of varying levels. Statting was prevalent. It was hilarious to play from levels 1-40. Half the players were derankers or alt account statters.

Statting is nowhere near as prevalent in H5 as it was in h3 because of the way the ranking system works. There's no grind and as such it's not as rewarding to "smurf" because it's incredibly easy to wind up as a high rank by accident.

People cared but not about stat padding. People cared about winning quickly, because that is how they ranked up.

I had 25k games in Halo 3. I played the game enough to see that stat-padding really wasn't an issue back then. There were issues, but that wasn't one.

25k games near or on a 50. Skewed view.

You're looking at it from a skewed view. A view that only encompassed a tiny part of h3 MM. I constantly messed around with the ranking system so I played at all kinds of varying levels. Statting was prevalent. It was hilarious to play from levels 1-40. Half the players were derankers or alt account statters.

Statting is nowhere near as prevalent in H5 as it was in h3 because of the way the ranking system works. There's no grind and as such it's not as rewarding to "smurf" because it's incredibly easy to wind up as a high rank by accident.

Why are you calling my perspective a skewed view? I've used hundreds of account during the lifetime of Halo 3, from my main having 12 or so 50s to a rank locked smurf which had no other purpose than to rank up as slow as possible and whatever else comes in-between. It was never "prevalent", it just so happened that a lot of people played outside their skill range while making a new account to grind to 50 or leveling someone else, so getting high stats was a good way of staying entertained and pushing yourself.

That doesn't mean the end goal was to stat, or that people cared and took it seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He could have been searching with someone else who was Diamond?

Would that allow him to play diamonds only? It's not like past games where it searched solely based on your parties highest rank? It's crazy that this could even happen though especially with no party restrictions.

Would that allow him to play diamonds only? It's not like past games where it searched solely based on your parties highest rank? It's crazy that this could even happen though especially with no party restrictions.

Yupppp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is pretty much spot on except some people don't farm for k/d or so other people can gawk at their record

From what I saw he matched up against two onyx's and a diamond. It's interesting for sure how they match players up and this was happening to me over the weekend in slayer. I'm more interested in how you went 33-12 and tied a 15 minute assault game  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The champion in the all Onyx/diamond game will not rank up though, i do this with a friend a lot where he stays on one account and i make a new one, he doesn't actually gain any rank until i'm pretty close to his current rank and we match people around my new accounts record

From what I saw he matched up against two onyx's and a diamond. It's interesting for sure how they match players up and this was happening to me over the weekend in slayer. I'm more interested in how you went 33-12 and tied a 15 minute assault game :walshy:

Torque is one hell of a map man. Plus assault is so slow because they spawn and immediately can kill the bomb carrier. I was getting so mad though because of how well I was doing. This is my Halo career in a nutshell.

The champion in the all Onyx/diamond game will not rank up though, i do this with a friend a lot where he stays on one account and i make a new one, he doesn't actually gain any rank until i'm pretty close to his current rank and we match people around my new accounts record

Well that sucks for anyone matching these people then. This system is so flawed.

Well that sucks for anyone matching these people then. This system is so flawed.

yeah im pretty sure the high rank player youre searching with doesn't lose rank when he losses either, so the high rank is basically just playing tryhard social

yeah im pretty sure the high rank player youre searching with doesn't lose rank when he losses either, so the high rank is basically just playing tryhard social

God dammit. 343 stoooop it lmao

Why are you calling my perspective a skewed view? I've used hundreds of account during the lifetime of Halo 3, from my main having 12 or so 50s to a rank locked smurf which had no other purpose than to rank up as slow as possible and whatever else comes in-between. It was never "prevalent", it just so happened that a lot of people played outside their skill range while making a new account to grind to 50 or leveling someone else, so getting high stats was a good way of staying entertained and pushing yourself.

That doesn't mean the end goal was to stat, or that people cared and took it seriously.

Were just going to have to agree to disagree. Outside of a handful of warzone parties there just isn't really statting going on in this game. The ranking system quickly ranks people which lowers the effectiveness of alt accounts.