CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Exactly

First, why is that the metric we are using? Why does doing something "for the win" make it better? Doing the things I mentioned only affects about 7 people a game (or less). What they are doing affects a MINIMUM of 12 people A GAME.

Again, just like people that hide or superbounced, they play like assholes. There is only so much you can do or predict as a developer. 343 can't just patch something without making sure it doesn't break something else. You are missing the point entirely and it is this: playing like this makes you an ASSHOLE. That is all I am saying. I do not care who is at fault for why it is happening. I just know people are playing like shitheads.

Please read this.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

Anyone justifying that spawn trap is straight cancer.

You can not compare spawn trapping kids with the sniper on zanzibar/last resort to lobbing nades every second at a spawn point.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone justifying that spawn trap is straight cancer.

You can not compare spawn trapping kids with the sniper on zanzibar/last resort to lobbing nades every second at a spawn point.

Yeah you're right. on last resort you get even more kills because the enemy team can't hold their spawns in the Req scream for like 45 seconds

• Downvote (-1) 4

Here's a thought:

Let's say it's not 343s fault. Therefore, 343 does nothing, and nothing is solved.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What?  That might actually be the worst analogy I've ever read.

The defending team on that Urban clip is playing the game.  They just happen to be playing it at the exact optimum level.  Unfortunately, that's what it looks like on that map, because 343 didn't account for that stuff.  

I feel like you guys didn't play much 1 Flag back in the day.  This sort of thing happened all the time when the defending team was a lot better than the attacking team.  The problem here isn't that players are using infinite nades. It's that you can have infinite nades at all.  News flash guys; the defending team probably still would have stomped the shit out of you even with good attacker spawns and without infinite nades.

My analogies suck, but the point stands. Shifting the blame onto the developer doesn't excuse the fact that they're being assholes, and it shouldn't.

Using 1 Flag to justify it doesn't help.

My analogies suck, but the point stands. Shifting the blame onto the developer doesn't excuse the fact that they're being assholes, and it shouldn't.

NOBODY IS DOING THAT

We're saying that 343 cannot depend on people to not be assholes and need to enforce not spawnkilling

• Upvote (+1) 3

It doesn't change the fact that farming is playing like an asshole.

That's literally the entire point of this discussion. It's a shitty way to play that ruins many peoples experiences.

You yourself said that triple capping and not attacking the core was ducking correct? Well, every kill gives you 1 point, therefore contributing to winning the game. But does that make that strategy any less of a dick move? Does this somehow make the players it happens to accept it more? No. Not at all.

Again, I do not care who is at fault. I know it lies primarily on 343 for designing it. But they are still assholes.

Expecting players to play by some code of honor you made up is just delusional, no one knows what your definition of fair and unfair is and most people won't care anyway. At the end of the day whats fair is what the game allows you to do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

NOBODY IS DOING THAT

We're saying that 343 cannot depend on people to not be assholes and need to enforce not spawnkilling

We're arguing for the same thing.

Edit. TLDR; 343 should resolve this problem, plain and simple. But the dicks who do this are definitely at fault.

We're arguing for the same thing.

But you're implying we're doing something wrong and "shifting blame" when that simply is not the case

Indeed. There should be an AI every minute, to minute and a half. With a big boss like Baron, should come multiple smaller bosses. Even dynamic random bosses. I've noticed that WZ games come down to a lot of remembrance and straight forward "tactics" in timing bosses. This is a case where I'd LOVE a random spike to things, or a more chaotic spin. Would prevent games from dragging on, as well.

CE timer?

GET YO WARZONE TIMERS OUT BOYS!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/warzone-boss-spawn-timer-app/98145d1b-0fdb-462e-8f4d-ec7f8169934a/posts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a thought:

Let's say it's not 343s fault. Therefore, 343 does nothing, and nothing is solved.

THANK YOU.

Okay guys, we get it. The spawn trappers are big bad meanies.  Calling them names isn't ever going to fix the problem.  They're still going to do it because it's effective and lucrative.  There are two things you can do about it:

1. Hold the developer accountable so that it gets fixed.

2. Expect the enemy team to try to go for it, and attempt to counter it.

That's it. Crying about how mean they are makes you sound pathetic.

And before you lump me in with the guys that farm, just know that I've NEVER done it, and I don't intend to.  I just understand human behavior in an online environment, and I have realistic expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You shouldn't be spawn killing at all, its against the invisible code of honor that doesn't exist in game.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

But you're implying we're doing something wrong and "shifting blame" when that simply is not the case

Honestly, I don't care whose fault it is. I'm like @My Namez BEAST, I just don't like assholes.

But in this case, both 343 and the farmers are in the wrong here.

I disagree with @Hard Way's notion that 343 is the sole party accountable for shit like this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, I don't care whose fault it is. I'm like @My Namez BEAST, I just don't like assholes.

I disagree with @Hard Way's notion that 343 is the sole party accountable for shit like this.

He's saying the farmers are assholes but the only way shit can be fixed is on 343's end. Or should we blame the players but not tell 343 to fix their shit and stop all this for good?

Dude, I like you and I respect what you've done for this community here.  But you are way off base on this.  Yes, of course the people that do this are assholes.  I'm not arguing that.  The point I'm trying to get across is that it does not matter.

Players are going to use the best methods available to them.  There's nothing stopping them. You should expect this.  To do anything less is to set yourself up for disappointment and frustration.

If the game breaks down when played optimally, that falls to the developer, not the player.  The player is simply going for maximum efficiency.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder how many of these anti-farmer guys morals would go right out the window if i got them in my farm lobby lol

Do you enjoy ruining the game for others?

Do you enjoy ruining the game for others?

It's them or me, i'm not silly enough to expect the enemy team to show me any kind of mercy so doing stuff like this doesn't bother me whatsoever

• Downvote (-1) 1