CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Noobs have been apart of a healthy harvest in Halo for over 10 years now, it's just apart of the game. I have always found spawn killing noobs fun it doesnt make me a good or bad person its just a way to play the game and theres noting wrong with it and no way to stop me anyway so theres no reason to make a big deal about it :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

I love how people are pretty much trying to justify it as a solely moral thing too, when, as you said, this causes people to rage and leave. It's horrible for the community as a whole.

"Do it for the Company."

Look, we're all in agreement here that it sucks, it's harmful, and it should be changed.  But 100% of that falls on the dev.  The player should be expected to play as efficiently as possible, to win as hard as they possibly can.  In the case of Warzone Assault on defense, that means pinning the attacking team back as far as possible.  Unfortunately in this scenario, 343 didn't plan well enough for that.

Now, if we're talking about regular Warzone, and 3 capping a team and then not pushing the core, yes, that is a dick move.  However, I still don't fault the player.  343 gave players incentive to do exactly that with the Achilles requirements.  They are doing it the most efficient way possible, and are not to blame.  Once again, the blame lies with 343 for both neglecting to input countermeasures to this type of behavior (again, a huge oversight if you've played online shooters for a while), and choosing Kill commendations instead of Win commendations.  Warzone as a whole does not place enough importance on the win, and too much importance on individual performance.

My whole point is players should be expected to use the best means available, and the developer should have accounted for scenarios like these.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Noobs have been apart of a healthy harvest in Halo for over 10 years now, it's just apart of the game. I have always found spawn killing noobs fun it doesnt make me a good or bad person its just a way to play the game and theres noting wrong with it and no way to stop me anyway so theres no reason to make a big deal about it :)

In what Halo game has spawn killing to the point where a team cannot even move ever been a thing? Please enlighten me almighty master of 12 manning against randoms. I'm glad it's fun for you to literally play a game where people can't fight back. And when you wonder why no one plays Warzone in a couple months you can try your skills in Arena and get fucked by actual good players :)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Look, we're all in agreement here that it sucks, it's harmful, and it should be changed.  But 100% of that falls on the dev.  The player should be expected to play as efficiently as possible, to win as hard as they possibly can.  In the case of Warzone Assault on defense, that means pinning the attacking team back as far as possible.  Unfortunately in this scenario, 343 didn't plan well enough for that.

Now, if we're talking about regular Warzone, and 3 capping a team and then not pushing the core, yes, that is a dick move.  However, I still don't fault the player.  343 gave players incentive to do exactly that with the Achilles requirements.  They are doing it the most efficient way possible, and are not to blame.  Once again, the blame lies with 343 for both neglecting to input countermeasures to this type of behavior (again, a huge oversight if you've played online shooters for a while), and choosing Kill commendations instead of Win commendations.  Warzone as a whole does not place enough importance on the win, and too much importance on individual performance.

My whole point is players should be expected to use the best means available, and the developer should have accounted for scenarios like these.

I don't disagree. My issue is farming is such a different thing from what other people compare with "honor rules". You cannot fight back being farmed, especially in the situation me and Kelly were in.

I guess I just wish people stopped being dickheads about farming and have some decency. Yeah, not realistic, but man. I just find it pathetic that grown men are farming for a piece of armor when I just want to relax and play the game. This kind of behavior also makes new players quit. Its toxic.

I am praying for a fix to this infinite nade BS

Look, we're all in agreement here that it sucks, it's harmful, and it should be changed. But 100% of that falls on the dev. The player should be expected to play as efficiently as possible, to win as hard as they possibly can. In the case of Warzone Assault on defense, that means pinning the attacking team back as far as possible. Unfortunately in this scenario, 343 didn't plan well enough for that.

Now, if we're talking about regular Warzone, and 3 capping a team and then not pushing the core, yes, that is a dick move. However, I still don't fault the player. 343 gave players incentive to do exactly that with the Achilles requirements. They are doing it the most efficient way possible, and are not to blame. Once again, the blame lies with 343 for both neglecting to input countermeasures to this type of behavior (again, a huge oversight if you've played online shooters for a while), and choosing Kill commendations instead of Win commendations. Warzone as a whole does not place enough importance on the win, and too much importance on individual performance.

We all know 343 is at fault, what we are saying is that it doesn't make them any less of an asshole.

If you farm in Warzone, you play like an asshole. It's that simple. No mental gymnastics will change this.

Don't say "the game allows it so it doesn't make you an ass", because I can list many things the game "allows" that cause you to call people assholes for doing. Betraying. Betraying for power weapons. Weakening teammates. Crouching in a corner the entire game. Suiciding. Reverse boosting. Getting out of maps. The old armory glitch. The new armory glitch.

You aren't any less of an asshole because the game allows it. I don't get why people think they are free from criticism because "the game let's me do it". No, you are still an ass.

I have to agree here. From what I can see, you can certainly criticize 343 for missing something like this, but it isn't right to levy the entire blame on them and justify the players' actions.

That's like saying someone who intentionally stabbed another person should be set free because the knife company didn't make knives safe enough. There's an old saying that applies here: just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Edit. TLDR; 343 should resolve this problem, plain and simple. But the dicks who do this are definitely at fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If you farm in Warzone, you play like an asshole. It's that simple. No mental gymnastics will change this.

Don't say "the game allows it so it doesn't make you an ass", because I can list many things the game "allows" that cause you to call people assholes for doing. Betraying. Betraying for power weapons. Weakening teammates. Crouching in a corner the entire game. Suiciding. Reverse boosting. Getting out of maps. The old armory glitch. The new armory glitch.

You aren't any less of an asshole because the game allows it. I don't get why people think they are free from criticism because "the game let's me do it". No, you are still an ass.

Many of those are bad comparisons because they are not done in the service of winning the game/getting commendations in the most efficient way possible.  A better comparison would be superbouncing in Halo 2 after going up by one kill, or hiding the bomb in one bomb assault back when it had unlimited sudden death, and waiting hours upon hours for the other team to quit out.  Both of those are super dickhead moves, but they're both done in the service of winning the game, and the developer is still to blame for allowing it to happen.

I have to agree here. From what I can see, you can certainly criticize 343 for missing something like this, but it isn't right to levy the entire blame on them and justify the players' actions.

That's like saying someone who intentionally stabbed another person should be set free because the knife company didn't make knives safe enough. There's an old saying that applies here: just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Its a multiplayer game; rules have to be enforced.

343 is at fault as well as the players.

Its a multiplayer game; rules have to be enforced.

343 is at fault as well as the players.

I agree that 343 deserves criticism for missing this, and they should fix it.

My argument's against the people who're justifying farmers being assholes by pinning the blame on 343.

I like the idea. My only thing would be that, I'd reward people more for taking out higher tier bosses, or getting more than one boss kill, because that's what gains your team points in Warzone. Uncommon for a boss? Eh. Go more like Rare, or Ultra Rare/Legendary for high tier bosses like Knight Dignitaries, or Baron.

Yeah, I meant uncommon for the smaller tier bosses like the hunters or ghost marauder. Common for capping an enemy controlled base and so on.

I wish that AI would spawn for frequently as well.

In what Halo game has spawn killing to the point where a team cannot even move ever been a thing? Please enlighten me almighty master of 12 manning against randoms. I'm glad it's fun for you to literally play a game where people can't fight back. And when you wonder why no one plays Warzone in a couple months you can try your skills in Arena and get fucked by actual good players :)

In halo 3 you could search Social Skirm and farm people right off spawn with BRs and snipers, Narrows, Longshore, and Last resort you could get some brutal spawn traps going.

In halo Reach you could search Team Objective and farm them right off spawn on over half the maps but no map compared to zealot where you could pull the flag and assassinate the entire enemy team over and over and over.

In halo 4 Dominion you could get a good banshee pilot, wraith, sniper and 3 foot soldiers grabbing all the snipers and rockets that rain down every 45 seconds and jetpack all over the enemy base and spawns

As far as your arena comment goes iv heard that more times then i could ever care to remember, sorry arena is not fun, this is my arena experience: Make account > Get placed in medium onyx > 15 minute search times > cap out at highish onyx or low champion > repeat. But all the while during all this fun arena goodness im having to shoot at the some of Halo 5s "finest." And by finest i mean people who you have almost zero aim assist on, they move like they have speed boost 24/7 and with the ability to avoid bullets cus of this games detonated servers also comes the ability to register bullets on people super fast, i hate being shot 5 times with a magnum before i turn around or being killed by an AR so fast im left wondering "dam was that a AR, smg or storm rifle." I'd much rather shoot non laggy slow crops in Warzone, less stressful.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I agree that 343 deserves criticism for missing this, and they should fix it.

My argument's against the people who're justifying farmers being assholes by pinning the blame on 343.

No ones justifying their actions; they're assholes.

Its not "pinning the blame on 343", its understanding that people do everything they can to win and 343 needs to count on that and fix their shit

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't disagree. My issue is farming is such a different thing from what other people compare with "honor rules". You cannot fight back being farmed, especially in the situation me and Kelly were in.

I guess I just wish people stopped being dickheads about farming and have some decency. Yeah, not realistic, but man. I just find it pathetic that grown men are farming for a piece of armor when I just want to relax and play the game. This kind of behavior also makes new players quit. Its toxic.

I am praying for a fix to this infinite nade BS

In fairness to the other team, they did have to earn the spawn trap.  Yeah, once it's in place its unbreakable and super frustrating, but at some point they did have to lock all 12 of you in your spawn.  Not the easiest feat in the world.

It's the most efficient way possible to win, so people should just expect defending teams to try to set it up until it's fixed.  It's all you can do.  Hopefully it's fixed soon because it's an embarrassing oversight on 343's part.  It's like they've never had a defending team push up and hold their Sea Wall on Zanzibar/Last Resort.  Anyone that's experienced that before would know to not spawn a team in only one spot, and allow a possibility for infinite nades.

Edit. TLDR; 343 should resolve this problem, plain and simple. But the dicks who do this are definitely at fault.

Exactly

Many of those are bad comparisons because they are not done in the service of winning the game/getting commendations in the most efficient way possible. A better comparison would be superbouncing in Halo 2 after going up by one kill, or hiding the bomb in one bomb assault back when it had unlimited sudden death, and waiting hours upon hours for the other team to quit out. Both of those are super dickhead moves, but they're both done in the service of winning the game, and the developer is still to blame for allowing it to happen.

First, why is that the metric we are using? Why does doing something "for the win" make it better? Doing the things I mentioned only affects about 7 people a game (or less). What they are doing affects a MINIMUM of 12 people A GAME.

Again, just like people that hide or superbounced, they play like assholes. There is only so much you can do or predict as a developer. 343 can't just patch something without making sure it doesn't break something else. You are missing the point entirely and it is this: playing like this makes you an ASSHOLE. That is all I am saying. I do not care who is at fault for why it is happening. I just know people are playing like shitheads.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In halo 3 you could search Social Skirm and farm people right off spawn with BRs and snipers, Narrows, Longshore, and Last resort you could get some brutal spawn traps going.

In halo Reach you could search Team Objective and farm them right off spawn on over half the maps but no map compared to zealot where you could pull the flag and assassinate the entire enemy team over and over and over.

In halo 4 Dominion you could get a good banshee pilot, wraith, sniper and 3 foot soldiers grabbing all the snipers and rockets that rain down every 45 seconds and jetpack all over the enemy base and spawns

As far as your arena comment goes iv heard that more times then i could ever care to remember, sorry arena is not fun, this is my arena experience: Make account > Get placed in medium onyx > 15 minute search times > cap out at highish onyx or low champion > repeat. But all the while during all this fun arena goodness im having to shoot at the some of Halo 5s "finest." And by finest i mean people who you have almost zero aim assist on, they move like they have speed boost 24/7 and with the ability to avoid bullets cus of this games detonated servers also comes the ability to register bullets on people super fast, i hate being shot 5 times with a magnum before i turn around or being killed by an AR so fast im left wondering "dam was that a AR, smg or storm rifle." I'd much rather shoot non laggy slow crops in Warzone, less stressful.

You must play on like 50 alts because on Halotracker your highest rank achieved is platinum.

• Upvote (+1) 6

In fairness to the other team, they did have to earn the spawn trap.  Yeah, once it's in place its unbreakable and super frustrating, but at some point they did have to lock all 12 of you in your spawn.  Not the easiest feat in the world.

It's the most efficient way possible to win, so people should just expect defending teams to try to set it up until it's fixed.  It's all you can do.  Hopefully it's fixed soon because it's an embarrassing oversight on 343's part.  It's like they've never had a defending team push up and hold their Sea Wall on Zanzibar/Last Resort.  Anyone that's experienced that before would know to not spawn a team in only one spot, and allow a possibility for infinite nades.

To be fair we joined in half way through :/ wasnt us bro

And yeah....this is a massice oversight

That's like saying someone who intentionally stabbed another person should be set free because the knife company didn't make knives safe enough. 

What?  That might actually be the worst analogy I've ever read.

The defending team on that Urban clip is playing the game.  They just happen to be playing it at the exact optimum level.  Unfortunately, that's what it looks like on that map, because 343 didn't account for that stuff.  

I feel like you guys didn't play much 1 Flag back in the day.  This sort of thing happened all the time when the defending team was a lot better than the attacking team.  The problem here isn't that players are using infinite nades. It's that you can have infinite nades at all.  News flash guys; the defending team probably still would have stomped the shit out of you even with good attacker spawns and without infinite nades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You must play on like 50 alts because on Halotracker your highest rank achieved is platinum.

yeah i do play on a ton of accounts did u not read what i said, here ill say it again. If you play arena and you get high rank you will be making smurf accounts unless you love searching forever

yeah i do play on a ton of accounts did u not read what i said, here ill say it again. If you play arena and you get high rank you will be making smurf accounts unless you love searching forever

Why make a smurf if you only made it to platinum? The search restrictions haven't even come close to affecting you in any way lmao.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, I meant uncommon for the smaller tier bosses like the hunters or ghost marauder. Common for capping an enemy controlled base and so on.

I wish that AI would spawn for frequently as well.

Indeed. There should be an AI every minute, to minute and a half. With a big boss like Baron, should come multiple smaller bosses. Even dynamic random bosses. I've noticed that WZ games come down to a lot of remembrance and straight forward "tactics" in timing bosses. This is a case where I'd LOVE a random spike to things, or a more chaotic spin. Would prevent games from dragging on, as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What?  That might actually be the worst analogy I've ever read.

The defending team on that Urban clip is playing the game.  They just happen to be playing it at the exact optimum level.  Unfortunately, that's what it looks like on that map, because 343 didn't account for that stuff.  

I feel like you guys didn't play much 1 Flag back in the day.  This sort of thing happened all the time when the defending team was a lot better than the attacking team.  The problem here isn't that players are using infinite nades. It's that you can have infinite nades at all.  News flash guys; the defending team probably still would have stomped the shit out of you even with good attacker spawns and without infinite nades.

Yeah man back in the day people thought you were good if you set up those spawn traps now in 2016 people question who you are as a person and your morals like wtf happend to Halo players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why make a smurf if you only made it to platinum? The search restrictions haven't even come close to affecting you in any way lmao.

lol look at the games i was helping people rank up, i think on this account my highest rank is plat something in Breakout i was helping my onyx and champion friends rank up vs other onyx and champion players.