CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's just unnecessary. You don't need infinite nades on the back of a mongoose. All it does is allow for exploitation that has no chance of benefitting gameplay.

Get rid of infinite nades. Add more spawn points for Attackers. This is easy shit, guys.

I remember complaining about this the second I learned about it and people criticized me saying it "wasn't that bad gungoose needs a purpose". Oh how I am glad people see it now.

Wow thats some total bullshit. Like theres being a dick. And then theres just trying your hardest to ruin peoples day.

And this kid messages me saying I shouldn't play if i dont like it

Fuck. That. Noise.

Dont play like a fucking punk maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Preventing this kind of abuse is the developers' job. I agree that it's a shitty way to play, but if people can exploit something, they inevitably will, and it's up to 343 to fix it.

And I agree but people here have tried to justify themselves doing this. "I enjoy playing this way." 

Fuck. That. Noise.

Shit like this needs to be fixed ASAP. Like 343 has ZERO reason to not fix this by tomorrow.

What does this argument do to solve the problem? Talk about how YOU think it should be all you want, won't help.

Put the onus on the community all you like - as a matter of fact I think it's incredibly silly.

At the end of the day 343 is extremely disappointing in listening to our feedback and executing in a timely manner compared to other established game developers like Riot.

Fuck. That. Noise.

And I agree but people here have tried to justify themselves doing this. "I enjoy playing this way." 

do not blame the player for doing this.  Once someone figures out how to do this sort of thing, it will inevitably become the meta for that section of the map.  It's not even cheating.  It's just winning literally as hard as you can.  I do however blame 343 for this.  It is their job to prevent things like this from happening, and to me it seems like a pretty huge oversight.  These are the types of things that make me feel like Halo devs haven't played very much Halo.  Have they never played 1 Flag and pushed the Attacking team back into their spawns?  I'm pretty sure they don't spawn the entire team in a 20'x20' square on Zanzibar.  It's just frustrating to me because to a longtime player like myself, this seems like some common sense shit, and yet professionals that make a lot of money are making these kinds of mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I always find it hilarious looking at the stats that people from those pubstomping companies have. Because I have matched MANY people from those groups when they aren't in full parties, or in Team Arena and I absolutely push their shit in. Some kids just need to abuse those mechanics because, on an even playing field, they are ass at the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do not blame the player for doing this. Once someone figures out how to do this sort of thing, it will inevitably become the meta for that section of the map. It's not even cheating. It's just winning literally as hard as you can. I do however blame 343 for this. It is their job to prevent things like this from happening, and to me it seems like a pretty huge oversight. These are the types of things that make me feel like Halo devs haven't played very much Halo. Have they never played 1 Flag and pushed the Attacking team back into their spawns? I'm pretty sure they don't spawn the entire team in a 20'x20' square on Zanzibar. It's just frustrating to me because to a longtime player like myself, this seems like some common sense shit, and yet professionals that make a lot of money are making these kinds of mistakes.

I blame them both. Its not a case of, say, someone using a storm rifle on me in Arena when its OP, because they're just trying to win and achieve that goal.

Farming is a choice. You do not have to farm and its ONLY done to for commendations, not to win.

But yeah, 343 needs to sort this out.

I blame them both. Its not a case of, say, someone using a storm rifle on me in Arena when its OP, because they're just trying to win and achieve that goal.

Farming is a choice. You do not have to farm and its ONLY done to for commendations, not to win.

But yeah, 343 needs to sort this out.

Ok then, if you're going to try to enforce your own made up honor rules on people, where is the imaginary line that you expect them to stop short of?  

You can't expect online players to abide by honor rules.  Ever.  They're going to exploit everything they can within the game to win.  That is their right and I have no problem with that.  The onus is on the developer and playtesters to have the foresight to see how players are going to abuse anything at their disposal.  They need to develop for the worst case scenario, and in this case, they didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok then, if you're going to try to enforce your own made up honor rules on people, where is the imaginary line that you expect them to stop short of?  

You can't expect online players to abide by honor rules.  Ever.  They're going to exploit everything they can within the game to win.  That is their right and I have no problem with that.  The onus is on the developer and playtesters to have the foresight to see how players are going abuse anything at their disposal.  They need to develop for the worst case scenario, and in this case, they didn't.

Lol when did I say I was enforcing honor rules? Don't put words in my mouth. I said there's a clear distinction between farming and using weapons in a sandbox, and that they're not comparable.

It still on 343 to fix it, but shitty players need to be punished for this kind of stuff. It's ruining games for everyone, and it hapoens constantly.

The players and 343 are to blame. That's like saying that you shouldn't be punished for quitting or betraying just cause they give you the option.

Also yes Cooper.

Yea and you can get it from packs too.

I wonder why my h2 completed missions (using scarab) are not registering on Waypoint.

Do they need to register on Waypoint for helio skill to unlock?

I wonder why my h2 completed missions (using scarab) are not registering on Waypoint.

I don't think so. If they count and show up on the MCC, they SHOULD count. If it doesn't, and you need help, do ask. Can always lend a hand.

Hmm probably. I know a lot of issues involving missions tracking have happened to people, especially when the game first came out.

Think of it this way guys: Whiskey thinks "Hey, I have a goal of achieving this armour, which I really want. What is the most effective and efficient way to achieve this goal?

Farming is easy to do in this game, I'll do that" "Hey this really works, lets keep doing this"

It's as cut and dry as that, they're making the best of the opportunities that 343 made available.

Anybody who thinks this is a moral thing, about 'fairness', must have never played Halo competitively online before.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think its just all based on achievements.

This is worse than WASP. I've never had my jaw legitimately drop at the dickishness of this. There's farming, then there's not even allowing ANY of the enemy team out of their spawns as you instant kill them upon respawn.

25294-clip-art-graphic-of-a-salt-shaker-

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Think of it this way guys: Whiskey thinks "Hey, I have a goal of achieving this armour, which I really want. What is the most effective and efficient way to achieve this goal?

Farming is easy to do in this game, I'll do that" "Hey this really works, lets keep doing this"

It's as cut and dry as that, they're making the best of the opportunities that 343 made available.

Anybody who thinks this is a moral thing, about 'fairness', must have never played Halo competitively online before.

Except a lot of those people were doing this well before Achilles was even a thing. They just want to spawn kill people that all it is. Take away Achilles and they'll still keep doing it.

I like how all the people farming are bitching about population numbers when their farming is also causing people to quit. This is just another instance of being a dick just cause you can be.

This is worse than WASP. I've never had my jaw legitimately drop at the dickishness of this. There's farming, then there's not even allowing ANY of the enemy team out of their spawns as you instant kill them upon respawn.

I am offended by this, to claim this is worse than Wasp is just ignorant although i do agree the team in the video had a good harvest i think you should review this video before deciding who the ultimate harvester is:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Marma%20Marmaleg/video/15159518

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Exactly, but that falls on the communication between the eSports Team and the Pros. Should the community be aware of the issues? Absolutely, but not in the manner that the Snakebite/Holmes fiasco was handled.

As for Breakout's success, I think we all can mostly agree that Breakout was a bad allocation of development resources and had the wrong vision. I thoroughly doubt we'll see Breakout returning in future titles because of its lack of success.

So they should have calmly reported false poll numbers to HCS?

Then wait a week or so for HCS to communicate with 343?

All at the same time while Josh's post gained traction?

In a game where the competitive gametype has radar in it. If Snakebite hadn't called 343 out on that one we would still be playing Breakout crouch strafing with SMG starts. I don't even think the communication would have gotten through if they went through HCS or even directly to 343.

I like how all the people farming are bitching about population numbers when their farming is also causing people to quit. This is just another instance of being a dick just cause you can be.

I love how people are pretty much trying to justify it as a solely moral thing too, when, as you said, this causes people to rage and leave. It's horrible for the community as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 1