CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Movement on 120 was kinda slidey yeah

And idk on linear aggression, the game rewarded proper spacing more and zoning

Sure. If you mean which team could push the LS forward harder.

Idk if that was mostly due to the actual mechanics or all the shitty amplified esque forge maps though.

The real question is why a 1 life game mode was considered competitive Halo when its gameplay does NOT suit 1 life gametypes. The principles of Halo just do not hold up in elimination modes

Because Kevin Franklin
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I hope there are more updates to the aiming coming I hate how whenever I play another game I basically have to relearn the aiming in this fucking game.

But with every other Halo game there's no problems going on different games.

Yeah, I hope so. There have been some threads on WP today asking if the aiming was changed in the update since people are saying the aiming feels different. It makes me wonder if they stealth changed something, but I'm having doubts.

On a REQ note, I finally finished getting everything a couple days ago. The grind is finally over except for the personal rank.

I'm gonna break my tv and I've only ever done that once when playing Halo. Fucking infuriating.

Closest I've ever come to breaking something whilst gaming was when I accidentally knocked my controller off my table this morning.

I don't understand how people get so infuriated by this stuff, it's just a game, no reason to break anything.

Closest I've ever come to breaking something whilst gaming was when I accidentally knocked my controller off my table this morning.

I don't understand how people get some infuriated by this stuff, it's just a game, no reason to break anything.

Yea if a game is making me rage to the point of breaking a TV you should just stop playing tbh.

I don't understand how people get some infuriated by this stuff, it's just a game, no reason to break anything.

Just about to say the same thing.

I accidently broke a controller playing dark souls due to clenching it too hard but that's it.

I don't understand physical rage, anymore. I DO get mental rage/frustration, though. Although, that's when breaks occur.

Its literally not the game. I don't rage often but I do when I do something stupid that can be avoided real easily. Like if I bump my head into a cabinet I'll get fucking pissed. I was playing Halo 4 at the time and the race gametype was just out. Was playing it. Was in first place. A guy bumped me a little bit and sent me flying out kilter. I meant to throw my controller at the wall cause I at least have a little bit of sense when I'm angry. But I completely missed the wall. Sadly.

H5 servers are straight trash. The worst dedicated servers I've ever played on. How they got so bad since launch is beyond me.

H5 servers are straight trash. The worst dedicated servers I've ever played on. How they got so bad since launch is beyond me.

Does it get beyond your entire team? Aaaaaaaa???

I don't understand physical rage, anymore. I DO get mental rage/frustration, though. Although, that's when breaks occur.

I'm the same, I can get frustrated but I'll just stop playing before it gets to the point where I'm actually annoyed though.

Its literally not the game. I don't rage often but I do when I do something stupid that can be avoided real easily. Like if I bump my head into a cabinet I'll get fucking pissed. I was playing Halo 4 at the time and the race gametype was just out. Was playing it. Was in first place. A guy bumped me a little bit and sent me flying out kilter. I meant to throw my controller at the wall cause I at least have a little bit of sense when I'm angry. But I completely missed the wall. Sadly.

I can understand getting annoyed at small things. I find the most infuriating thing in Halo is getting bumped by a teammate off of spawn, I don't really know why though...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wow have you tried ending your own life

I mean me and my friend Scotty used to try to create the most badass death poses in Halo 2 when we got bored.

I would like to point out that ZBNS Reach was one of the best Halo experiences I had in a long time back when we got it. Back to topic...finding games right now is kinda hard for me(and I have legit internet connection).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm the same, I can get frustrated but I'll just stop playing before it gets to the point where I'm actually annoyed though.

I can understand getting annoyed at small things. I find the most infuriating thing in Halo is getting bumped by a teammate off of spawn, I don't really know why though...

Its like you get the feeling of "This shouldn't have happend, why did I let this happen?" Its just so small and minuscule and I get angry for no reason. I definitly don't have rage issues though. My co-workers think I'm crazy cause I find good things in everything. Dad used to call me the "Positive little fucker"

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONLY ONE. 

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONLY ONE. 

I think everyone has that weird rage that makes sense to nobody else. Until they find out that everyone has it and then it blows your mind.

FYI I haven't thrown a controller in at least 3 years.

I hate it when you're trying to get out of harm's way, but an oblivious teammate is strafing in the opposite direction, and ends up pushing you back and getting you killed. I cannot tell you how many nade deaths could have been avoided if my teammates would just watch where they're going.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You say that like i hold halo 2 and 3's sandbox in high regard :P

And nah, static would have worked so much better imo

Forgive me if I'm late to the party bc I didn't read responses to this yet, but MLG settings did use static timers for weapons. Powerups were still dynamic though.

V7 was excellent. Yeah the sandbox was sparse, the maps were ugly, and the overshield was bad. But all that aside, the gameplay was really, really good.

Still wish we coulda used the conc rifle in competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1