CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

For the same reason that "Hunt the Truth" had absolutely nothing to do with the actual plot of the game.

The question was rhetorical, but to be fair I am kind of disappointed as well with how little the meta has changed. I have a feeling that not a whole lot will be changed after worlds as well even if I want it to happen.

I really wish Halo had a LoL system where the meta drastically changed every season.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The question was rhetorical, but to be fair I am kind of disappointed as well with how little the meta has changed. I have a feeling that not a whole lot will be changed after worlds as well even if I want it to happen.

I really wish Halo had a LoL system where the meta drastically changed every season.

To me, I feel the meta of a game shouldn't change. If they want it to change, they should make a new game and the new meta can reflect the new game. For better or for worse.

However, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people disagree with me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By change, in what way?

League has classss so the meta is more dynamic, whereas Halo everyone is equal.

How do you guys feel about the camo?

Too strong?

Just right?

Needs buff?

Generally curious about opinions on it.

I personally think we should have unlimited thrust and double clamor abilities while camo is activated.   That, and when you have camo, when you ground pound, you ricochet off of objects until you have pounded at least 5 surfaces. That would make it just right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To get this to happen, we'll need much longer seasons to allow people to adapt and perfect each iteration.

And I think shifting map spawns/gametypes/weapon placements will do a better job at shifting metagame than simply buffing/nerfing weapons.

By change, in what way?

League has classss so the meta is more dynamic, whereas Halo everyone is equal.

See above. Weapon Placements on maps would probably be the most efficient way.

I don't like how you need to crouch with it to be completely invisible. You should be invisible while walking.

It's weird that the REQ 5 camo actually makes you completely invisible at a full walk, whereas other camos I have to walk at half tilt or crouch like you said.

eJtnc8x.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

To get this to happen, we'll need much longer seasons to allow people to adapt and perfect each iteration.

And I think shifting map spawns/gametypes/weapon placements will do a better job at shifting metagame than simply buffing/nerfing weapons.

See above. Weapon Placements on maps would probably be the most efficient way.

Yeah but there is only so many ways weapon placement works with existing geometry before it just makes the map play bad.

We don't need meta changes every season, especially with short month long seasons

Yeah but there is only so many ways weapon placement works with existing geometry before it just makes the map play bad.

We don't need meta changes every season, especially with short month long seasons

Hence why I said long Seasons would be a necessity for it to work

When you're all saying seasons - are you talking about Arena month long seasons or HWC as a whole?

Sandbox changes for a month would be terrible.

When you're all saying seasons - are you talking about Arena month long seasons or HWC as a whole?

Sandbox changes for a month would be terrible.

The two should be aligned to be honest. An Arena Season should be the same duration as an HCS Season, it offers a sense of unified competing and unanimity to ranks. (2-4 Months per Season)

And Sandbox changes shouldn't be the way they change the way the game is played. New maps, new modes, new map/mode combinations, new weapon placements, etc. are more effective ways of shifting the metagame.

How do you guys feel about the camo?

Too strong?

Just right?

Needs buff?

Generally curious about opinions on it.

needs buff while moving

did they adjust grenades? im swear im watching so many one shots just sit on the grenade and not die

As I said on the actual post you made, you had me at purple. Very well made map. REALLY love the creativity with the designs I've seen, like this:

Wanna see more from you in the future. You did well.

Awww thanks <3 That means a lot to me and I'll be sure to bring more heat in the future.

did they adjust grenades? im swear im watching so many one shots just sit on the grenade and not die

I swear to god the grenades have magnets in them.

tumblr_mcbdlvrXhv1qg9atp.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fucking hate grenades in this game. watch them bounce 5 times off stuff and then nicking me from like 20m and stopping my shields from recharging.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear to god the grenades have magnets in them.

lol this why im asking lol usually if they are anywhere near u u die or ur shield get popped

The two should be aligned to be honest. An Arena Season should be the same duration as an HCS Season, it offers a sense of unified competing and unanimity to ranks. (2-4 Months per Season)

And Sandbox changes shouldn't be the way they change the way the game is played. New maps, new modes, new map/mode combinations, new weapon placements, etc. are more effective ways of shifting the metagame.

Not against this at all, but ranking system and reward system would need to change. As is, particularly since CSR only soft resets, too many players drop off around week 2. I'm actually glad they shortened it to 1 month in its current form. Population can't sustain longer.

Shifting away from gameplay, this game needs arena trophies. At least baseball card stats. I don't care if it's shallow, giving rank exclusive flair and having a Tower-esqe social area (the Infinity for example) to show it off would be huge. This series is long enough, and enough past info is already hidden on Waypoint- 343 could make Service Records and individual Spartans matter to the types still grinding Destiny every day.

lol this why im asking lol usually if they are anywhere near u u die or ur shield get popped

I havent noticed any difference. Maybe the servers being shit has messed with the connections too much.