CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Core fans"? What the fuck does that mean. Every. Single. Person on this thread IS a core fan.

yeah that's why i tapped out

you're not a "real fan" unless the venn diagram of what you like about halo lines up to a sufficient degree

• Downvote (-1) 1

is it its own playlist?

It will be for a week and then it'll rotate to another social list.

so the game is fine as is? just keep churning out maps skins?

Honestly? Yeah, I think so.

Besides some fairly minor issues like automatic weapon balance, radar in arena, UI issues etc., I think the game is pretty fucking awesome.

My biggest issue is the lack of content which they're slowly addressing. This latest update is awesome: it finally brings some proper social modes, assault is a lot of fun and Torque seems like a solid map. The new weapons and skins are also nice.

Sure you can argue that a lot of these things should have been in at launch but that is a completely pointless argument. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Been playing oddball doubles with CE Pistol starts since the update launched. This ENTIRE game makes so much more sense with this gun, the movement, the melee system, the rest of the automatics, it's like everything is falling into place. I've never had more fun in Halo 5 and all I did was change the gun and make an oddball gametype. It bugs me knowing they'll never use it as the official starting weapon.

How difficult is it to use? I personally haven't tested it out yet but some people in here are saying it's too easy to use. Could you post some clips of you using it against players that are strafing?

yeah that's why i tapped out

you're not a "real fan" unless the venn diagram of what you like about halo lines up to a sufficient degree

some people like flag football, i prefer the real thing. no biggie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

im upset because other than the map, they are not evolving the game whatsoever. they're slapping clever titles to their game patches, disguising them as some sort of payback to the community and to be honest, the new maps so far have been recycled existing maps, so those are nothing more than someone going into forge rearranging pieces.

almost five months of the game being out and nothing fundamentally has changed with this game.

What you don't understand is that they're doing the equivalent of what Bungie did, if not more (~3 maps per 3-4 months), except they're also giving us interesting updates (through patch notes and whatnot) and other "lesser" content" (REQ, armor, skins, etc.). It seems like it's less because the content is coming out each month, but it's in fact far more content than Bungie offered.

Now I'm not celebrating things like gametypes because quite frankly, they should have been with the game when it first shipped... but even excluding gametypes, there's still more content in 343's updates than Bungie would have released within the same time frame. And it's free.

As for the quality of the content itself, that's subjective. I also dislike remixes a lot. I'd much rather have maps at a slower rate than Overgrowth or Riptide. Torque is a step in the right direction though.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So on the topic of sandbox re-balancing... I see a major overhaul happening in March after worlds. This way, they can change the game without creating a divide between tournament settings and general matchmaking. Any predictions? Here's some of mine that are guaranteed:

- Splaser will be buffed to dump more of its damage in less shots.

- Mantis armor/chaingun will be buffed and boarding from the front will no longer be possible.

That's all I'm almost 100% sure they will change. Arena stuff will entirely be based upon feedback from the HWC in terms of autos strength, magnum changes, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Torque has quite possibly the coolest skybox I have ever seen in a Halo map.

some people like flag football, i prefer the real thing. no biggie.

Seriously dude, you can almost taste the elitism right now.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So on the topic of sandbox re-balancing... I see a major overhaul happening in March after worlds. This way, they can change the game without creating a divide between tournament settings and general matchmaking. Any predictions? Here's some of mine that are guaranteed:

- Splaser will be buffed to dump more of its damage in less shots.

- Mantis armor/chaingun will be buffed and boarding from the front will no longer be possible.

That's all I'm almost 100% sure they will change. Arena stuff will entirely be based upon feedback from the HWC in terms of autos strength, magnum changes, etc.

Ya, they better not change those things before worlds. How could the teams possibly deal with the laser and mantis being different.

Go over to Waypoint for 5 minutes to see how they're reacting to the update.

Ran into a thread where the OP was arguing for randomized power weapon spawns and how randomness is more fair.

My head. Hurts.

I only come to Beyond, I cant tolerate Waypoint because I am positive they all lack critical thinking and important regions of their brains are completely stripped. I'm not a big fan of /r/halo because of the shilling and hivemind. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, the new colors are nice and everything, but I'm pretty pissed at how 343 essentially just made Steel a lighter gray. So now, if you actually liked the original shade of Steel, there's no simply no way to get it back. It's really annoying because the new "Pepper" is literally just one shade darker than the OG Steel. It's so close to what I USED to have, yet so far.

So, the new colors are nice and everything, but I'm pretty pissed at how 343 essentially just made Steel a lighter gray. So now, if you actually liked the original shade of Steel, there's no simply no way to get it back.

Hows the purple?

Now that I know that the CE pistol is no more difficult than the H5 magnum, I'm not sure how I feel about it when it comes to a starting weapon.

It has many benefits like faster TTK and empowering individuals, but if it's not difficult, how will players be able to reverse a bad situation? I feel it would become a "I saw you first so I win" fest.

I'd settle on a 4sk magnum ideally because the TTK is still faster and players will also have time to react with better gun skill if they get shot first.

3sk OG difficulty - best option (impossible)

3sk H5 difficulty - decent option

4sk H5 difficulty - best option (possible)

5sk H5 difficulty - whack

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been playing oddball doubles with CE Pistol starts since the update launched. This ENTIRE game makes so much more sense with this gun, the movement, the melee system, the rest of the automatics, it's like everything is falling into place. I've never had more fun in Halo 5 and all I did was change the gun and make an oddball gametype. It bugs me knowing they'll never use it as the official starting weapon.

I don't know man..  The M6D being hitscan is probably not a good idea for a starting weapon.  It's insanely strong and easy to use.

And this is coming from a guy who has the M6D in his damn avatar lol

Ya, they better not change those things before worlds. How could the teams possibly deal with the laser and mantis being different.

So edgy man... Be careful you might cut someone.  :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I'm only calling it that way because they didn't do any changes this update which leads me to believe that they will do something akin to the Turbo update with massive sandbox changes.

Biggest problem with Arena imo is the To4s matching people going in by themselves. They have to fix that. Its literally a turnoff and an almost guaranteed lost against people that know what they're doing.

And Assault is terrible in this game imo. The bomb guy has 2 thrusts as oppose to one, including with a 1 beatdown to kill (I dont know why the bomb is 1 beatdown, but the flag is 2?...)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Biggest problem with Arena imo is the To4s matching people going in by themselves. They have to fix that. Its literally a turnoff and an almost guaranteed lost against people that know what they're doing.

And Assault is terrible in this game imo. The bomb guy has 2 thrusts as oppose to one, including with a 1 beatdown to kill (I dont know why the bomb is 1 beatdown, but the flag is 2?...)

The argument is that the FC has the flagnum, which is just as effective as the starting weapon, so they wanted ball runners to have something distinct that would aid in survival and offensive capabilities. 343i is intent on making objective players have means of defending themselves outside of carrying Power Weapons while they run obj.

fb1cc4d60e193adfcccc6e518130012c.pngabf6a546d8bdfb7849475f77136b2dc8.png

Not like this...

In all the years that I've been involved in the Halo community, I have never seen CE referred to as "Halo One". I mean at least use the number and not the word. It's a frivolous complaint but it's just so fucking weird.

• Upvote (+1) 8

In all the years that I've been involved in the Halo community, I have never seen CE referred to as "Halo One". I mean at least use the number and not the word. It's a frivolous complaint but it's just so fucking weird.

lmfao threw me off when I saw that in-game

Reminded me of 1th as someone pointed out earlier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanted it to say "pick up 1th Halo Pistol". 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What you don't understand is that they're doing the equivalent of what Bungie did, if not more (~3 maps per 3-4 months), except they're also giving us interesting updates (through patch notes and whatnot) and other "lesser" content" (REQ, armor, skins, etc.). It seems like it's less because the content is coming out each month, but it's in fact far more content than Bungie offered.

Now I'm not celebrating things like gametypes because quite frankly, they should have been with the game when it first shipped... but even excluding gametypes, there's still more content in 343's updates than Bungie would have released within the same time frame. And it's free.

As for the quality of the content itself, that's subjective. I also dislike remixes a lot. I'd much rather have maps at a slower rate than Overgrowth or Riptide. Torque is a step in the right direction though.

Sure there is more content in 343's updates than Bungie would have released. Because Bungie would have actually released a finished game. They didn't just randomly cut core features out of the game and then make it seem like they were giving us "free updates".

If you leave out everything that should have been in in the first place, the updates start to look very meagre. You said it yourself, the first actual true map that we are getting is just now and that is one 5 months in release. If I actually was going to get content I would have been more than willing to pay for it.

Bungie may have played their part in destroying competitive Halo, but at least they had the decency to deliver a complete product.

• Upvote (+1) 2