CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Variety as in there are multiple weapons in regular use instead of just a BR and whatever power weapons are on that particular map.

Note: I'm not saying that H5's sandbox is more competitive than one in which there is one clear cut utility weapon, I'm just saying as both a viewer and player, I prefer it.

But the banana is still brown, meanbean. I don't care how many different fruits are in my Pavlova, as long as the fruits are ripe, juicy, and delicious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not semantics when you look at competitive h1 to h2 or to h3. They're all massively different on fundamental levels. Power positions don't matter when you look at h3 with its BR, h2 was so ridiculously set up based with its power weapon spawn, h1 was the most fluid with not much breaks in gameplay unlike h2 or h3. They all fundamentally play really, really different and putting them in an umbrella doesn't really work with how picky Halo players can be

You're splitting hairs though. Especially considering the things you listed only hold true at high level play for a tiny minority of people.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just caught up to this cancerous thread.

Didn't know ad-hominems and passive aggressiveness towards forum members was tolerated. Grow up, guys.

If someone's arguments are so dumb, then you should have no problem dismantling them without being insufferable dicks in the process.

and all these people had the balls to call lemon an asshole. Blows my fucking mind.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's the new age player mentality. I let my brother play some Halo 2. First question "Where's the sprint button?" I told him that Halo 2 doesn't have nor need sprint. He responds with "Well if I have to play like this I don't want to play" and he gave me the controller back.

Anecdotal. I've shown the MCC to a few halo virgins and they all prefered HCE. Even with its beyond dated visuals. H4 was universally least favourite with the main complaints with it being "too complicated" and "too much like COD". It's all anecdotal.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

and all these people had the balls to call lemon an asshole. Blows my fucking mind.

He might not be one, but he sure does come off that way -which I have no problem with. To each there own but suffer the consequences

Anecdotal. I've shown the MCC to a few halo virgins and they all prefered HCE. Even with its beyond dated visuals. H4 was universally least favourite with the main complaints with it being "too complicated" and "too much like COD". It's all anecdotal.

Still a factor. I want classic Halo as much as Lemon, Society, or you don't get me wrong. BUT you have to admit it won't be as popular. Or as big a money maker.

Christ. Lets move on from the Lemon shit and talk about making the game better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He might not be one, but he sure does come off that way -which I have no problem with. To each there own but suffer the consequences

if anyone should suffer the consequences it should be the people who engaged that kind of hypocritical attack. The guy made a simple statement, "there's zero reasons to not have it as a starting weapon" these kinds of declarative statements are made by literally everyone here, "overgrowth is terribad" etc, but as soon as lemon does it, that's cause to say he's stupid, elitist, denigrating others, has a superiority complex etc. instead of making a counter point normally like we do with everybody else. This is fucking insanity, every one of the posts made against lemon exemplified exactly what they were accusing him of being. Disgraceful.

EDIT: THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think a single person in this thread doesn't know this yet. You hardly ever miss an opportunity to tell everyone how edgy it is to like Halo 5.

What I don't get is why you (or anyone else) who is fine with Halo 5 right now takes offense with the changes people who don't like the game right now would make.

Would you stop liking Halo 5 if SMG's weren't OP to hell? Would you hate Halo 5 if radar was taken out? I really can't imagine that being the case, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

I really don't get how making the game better is anything but a win win situation.

I think you have a fairly selective memory if you believe I think H5 is perfect. I have a number of criticisms which I have posted about a fair amount.

Only 30 minutes ago I posted this:

I also quite like the weapon variety on display when watching competitive gameplay. Although I'd like to see the SR nerfed and the AR's range reduced.

But the banana is still brown, meanbean. I don't care how many different fruits are in my Pavlova, as long as the fruits are ripe, juicy, and delicious.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure where you're going with this anecdote.

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of bleed through when it comes to single shot weapons.

Sometimes it lends itself to guesswork: it may be the case where you sometimes don't know whether or not the H5 CE magnum will kill you in one shot or two shots, which is a pretty big fucking deal when it comes to making decisions about engagements.

And I hope they accounted for what I call the "smallest sliver problem," ie when the game makes a player a one-less-shot kill given the tiniest damage. Like, if the edge of a grenade's blast does the smallest amount of damage to you, it shouldn't make you a CE magnum 2sk. The Reach DMR turned into a 4sk given the tiniest damage when they brought back bleed through, which was frustrating as hell.

This issue needs to be accounted for when it comes to bleed through, otherwise the game becomes a bit more random. If a player stubs his toe, he shouldn't all of a sudden be a 2sk.

what specifically do you find boring abkuy hce?

It's nothing wrong with the game, it's essentially what issues I have with smash Bros melee. I've played the game for far too long and would prefer to play something different. It doesn't mean I dislike the game or anything necessarily, it's just the game has been out since 2001 and I would like to play something different.

today the sun rose. what the hell is that tweet supposed to mean? another hyped pr tweet?

He's a communications guy for Halo. Which means big news is coming.

He's a communications guy for Halo. Which means big news is coming.

So the update coming out today would be a good guess?