CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is probably going to be considered blasphemy around these parts but I'd rather play H5 than the rest of the series.

Because (AGAIN) God forbid you have an opinion and preferences, right? I'm in the same boat. I love others Halos, don't get me wrong, but Halo 5 is my favorite to openly play.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sometimes I feel that 70% of Halos community actually fights back against getting classic Halo. Just from all the people on Waypoint, Reddit, Neogaff.

i agree. it's because it's a more difficult game mentally. aiming honestly isnt that big of a deal in hce, its more mental than anything. if you're a shooter fan on consoles since say... last 10yrs, the you know how to aim on a two stick controller.

Semantics. It's clear that hce, h2 and h3 share similar core pillars that differentiate them for reach, h4 and H5.

It's not semantics when you look at competitive h1 to h2 or to h3. They're all massively different on fundamental levels. Power positions don't matter when you look at h3 with its BR, h2 was so ridiculously set up based with its power weapon spawn, h1 was the most fluid with not much breaks in gameplay unlike h2 or h3. They all fundamentally play really, really different and putting them in an umbrella doesn't really work with how picky Halo players can be

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not semantics when you look at competitive h1 to h2 or to h3. They're all massively different on fundamental levels. Power positions don't matter when you look at h3 with its BR, h2 was so ridiculously set up based with its power weapon spawn, h1 was the most fluid with not much breaks in gameplay unlike h2 or h3. They all fundamentally play really, really different and putting them in an umbrella doesn't really work with how picky Halo players can be

mlg halo 3 on amplified and onslaught... nuff said to see the difference in esports halo compared to h2 and hce.

mlg h3 was a laughing stock in my opinion. the game evolved into who can out br and spawn kill... yay that's some fun right there. let's wager up thousands to see who's best.

I'm listening.

I actually think you're really cool, and I hope you'll be my friend. You do you raven, you do you....

This is probably going to be considered blasphemy around these parts but I'd rather play H5 than the rest of the series.

Edit: Cooper with the lightning fast neg! I'm mildly impressed.

I'm the same with the exception of maybe Reach ZB. I'm bored with h1 and I don't like h2 or 3 so 343 with their new approach or w/e is totally fine with me

I cant play Halo 5 for shit when it comes to using my SCUF pad, but a default xbox control everything feels more fluid. Weird.

watched briefly. You know what I liked about it?

No clamor. danNo sprint. No thrust.

Although I find halo 5 fun, this looks really good. I'd love it if they released halo online on xb1 and let me decide side by side what I prefer. Although I know halo online has sprint so...

i agree. it's because it's a more difficult game mentally. aiming honestly isnt that big of a deal in hce, its more mental than anything. if you're a shooter fan on consoles since say... last 10yrs, the you know how to aim on a two stick controller.

It's the new age player mentality. I let my brother play some Halo 2. First question "Where's the sprint button?" I told him that Halo 2 doesn't have nor need sprint. He responds with "Well if I have to play like this I don't want to play" and he gave me the controller back.

Idk. For some stupid reason people around here don't want a true utility weapon to be considered for the HCS/Starting weapon.

I also quite like the weapon variety on display when watching competitive gameplay. Although I'd like to see the SR nerfed and the AR's range reduced.

Because (AGAIN) God forbid you have an opinion and preferences, right? I'm in the same boat. I love others Halos, don't get me wrong, but Halo 5 is my favorite to openly play.

I'm the same, I adore the Halo series and I have literally been playing since I could pick up a controller ("literally" as in actual 'literally', I think I first played CE when I was 4...). H5 is just the most fun for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would say you need to think about Classic a bit more broadly. Arena, even starts, placed powerups and weapons, singular movement speed, 2 held weapons, rechargeable shields. A game like that is gunna feel like a halo game at the very least.

Does anyone wanna grind out for REQ points? I'm trying desperately to get the Halo 2 Battle Rifle right now and I've already spent like 40,000 REQ points on them and I haven't had any luck.

I'm also going for the Helljumper ODST Helmet but the Halo 2 Battle Rifle is my main priority right now.

If anyone wants to join, message DrowsyDeer43391. My old mic broke so if you wanna communicate while we play, we'll have to use Skype. But if you don't mind it then we don't need Skype. I'm going to save up my REQ points until I have 200,000 so I can buy at least 20 gold REQ packs. That's going to take a while though.

I might livestream it on twitch.

I actually think you're really cool, and I hope you'll be my friend. You do you raven, you do you....

The first part of that reminded me of when Caboose tries to learn how to pick up women.

I'm the same with the exception of maybe Reach ZB. I'm bored with h1 and I don't like h2 or 3 so 343 with their new approach or w/e is totally fine with me

what specifically do you find boring abkuy hce?

Friends. If you wish. Not really in my control now, is it?

I'm the same, I adore the Halo series and I have literally been playing since I could pick up a controller ("literally" as in actual 'literally', I think I first played CE when I was 4...). H5 is just the most fun for me.

Indeed. Know that feeling extensively.

I also quite like the weapon variety on display when watching competitive gameplay. Although I'd like to see the SR nerfed and the AR's range reduced.

I started playing around mid Halo 2 era. Maybe 7-10? Me and my friend Scotty would stay up all night playing Halo 2 whilst raiding my land lords candy stash.

"Variety". What does that mean? scope of viablility? Yeah, generally a good thing. Redundancy? Yeah, definitely a bad thing. Saying the arena sandbox has variety is a bit too silver-lining for me. Like, that banana may be browning, but it smells nice and would make damn good banana bread.

"Variety". What does that mean? scope of viablility? Yeah, generally a good thing. Redundancy? Yeah, definitely a bad thing. Saying the arena sandbox has variety is a bit too silver-lining for me. Like, that banana may be browning, but it smells nice and would make damn good banana bread.

Variety as in there are multiple weapons in regular use instead of just a BR and whatever power weapons are on that particular map.

Note: I'm not saying that H5's sandbox is more competitive than one in which there is one clear cut utility weapon, I'm just saying as both a viewer and player, I prefer it.

Edit: Cooper with the lightning fast neg! I'm mildly impressed.

I don't think a single person in this thread doesn't know this yet. You hardly ever miss an opportunity to tell everyone how edgy it is to like Halo 5.

What I don't get is why you (or anyone else) who is fine with Halo 5 right now takes offense with the changes people who don't like the game right now would make.

Would you stop liking Halo 5 if SMG's weren't OP to hell? Would you hate Halo 5 if radar was taken out? I really can't imagine that being the case, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

I really don't get how making the game better is anything but a win win situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk. For some stupid reason people around here don't want a true utility weapon to be considered for the HCS/Starting weapon.

I realised last night that Stockholm syndrome has officially set in around these parts.

• Upvote (+1) 7