CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Maybe refine the white borders around the logo to match it more accurately. Aside from that looking mint. 

Yeah thats what I mean by rough, glad you like it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint in halo 5 is like the nba deciding you only need to dribble every 4 steps instead of 2. It is game changing and it would reasonably upset a lot of people. If you change a core aspect of a game that was established for a good period of time people have a right to be upset, and try to change it or push back against it. Whether or not sprint (or most other things people complain about) are beneficial for halo or not is hardly relavent really. It is the fact that 343 changes something that has already been established into whatever they feel like making it. ("Their halo") Does the nba or nfl have the right to change fundamental aspects of basketball or football just because they own the largest leagues for those sports? Sure they could try I suppose although they would risk the sport losing its identity (hasn't halo lost its identity?), and the fans/players would push back against it and ask for the sport to return to its true form. Small changes are usually accepted. Changes to the fundamentals are never well received. 343 may own halo but the core ideas of what halo is transcends their company, and as consumers, people have every right to try to hold them accountable for that. To me it seems only natural for a community/fanbase to be angry and voice their thoughts when 343 changes something that was already established.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What did I miss in the stream last night?

CE pistol goodness, 3 shot and hitscan but it appears to have 0 or a very small RRR. Also usable in forge/custom games.

Torque looks pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE pistol goodness, 3 shot and hitscan but it appears to have 0 or a very small RRR. Also usable in forge/custom games.

Torque looks pretty good.

Thanks. Did they say a release date?

Out of curiosity what defines "Classic" Halo to you guys? Every game in Halo is so incredibly different that honestly the only games with gameplay aspects/fundamentals that are similar are Reach zbns and H2. Even then H2 had a lot of stupid stuff like dynamic weapon spawns that were ridiculous and made the game much more set up based than Reach and the games were really different for a lot of other reasons.

H3 is vastly different than the rest of the halos where it's hand-holding team shot only city. The game was designed for close range battles for BR kills and it forced a lot of moving forward, vastly different from h2 or h1. The weapon spawn system with dirtying weapons and all that were completely different to the rest of the series and weapon spawns are a fundamental aspect of Halo imo. 

Halo 4 was just based on positioning as the aiming in that game just made you never miss.

Halo 1 is a completely different beast compared to the rest of the series with it being 2v2 centric, fast ttk weapon. etc. 

If your definition of "Classic Halo" is lacking Sprint/Spartan Abilities, there are a ton of factors that make up a game than that. Sure in a casual/semi competitive circle those two would be the biggest deal, but weapon spawns, utility TTK, movement capabilities, etc etc are all much more at the forefront of how a game plays than just Sprint/SAs and labeling Classic Halo as Halo 1-3 is such a ridiculously broad statement I'm not even sure if you know what you're asking for. The games play fundamentally different in almost every aspect of each other and asking 343 for H1-3 is not helping that cause with such broad statements. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Out of curiosity what defines "Classic" Halo to you guys? Every game in Halo is so incredibly different that honestly the only games with gameplay aspects/fundamentals that are similar are Reach zbns and H2. Even then H2 had a lot of stupid stuff like dynamic weapon spawns that were ridiculous and made the game much more set up based than Reach and the games were really different for a lot of other reasons.

H3 is vastly different than the rest of the halos where it's hand-holding team shot only city. The game was designed for close range battles for BR kills and it forced a lot of moving forward, vastly different from h2 or h1. The weapon spawn system with dirtying weapons and all that were completely different to the rest of the series and weapon spawns are a fundamental aspect of Halo imo. 

Halo 4 was just based on positioning as the aiming in that game just made you never miss.

Halo 1 is a completely different beast compared to the rest of the series with it being 2v2 centric, fast ttk weapon. etc. 

If your definition of "Classic Halo" is lacking Sprint/Spartan Abilities, there are a ton of factors that make up a game than that. Sure in a casual/semi competitive circle those two would be the biggest deal, but weapon spawns, utility TTK, movement capabilities, etc etc are all much more at the forefront of how a game plays than just Sprint/SAs and labeling Classic Halo as Halo 1-3 is such a ridiculously broad statement I'm not even sure if you know what you're asking for. The games play fundamentally different in almost every aspect of each other and asking 343 for H1-3 is not helping that cause with such broad statements. 

Here is an example of what I think "classic" Halo should play like...

Here is an example of what I think "classic" Halo should play like...

I watched like 3 minutes of that

All I got was this

- Relatively fast movement

- no Sprint/SAs

- A very long TTK for the BR

That whole gameplay looks like Halo 2 with maybe a slower BR which is a pretty big deal. The Pistol (Looking at it only specifically) is way better than that BR by miles when it comes to TTK not to mention burst and whatnot (yea it works better for a PC game but Halo isnt legit ever going to PC). 

We've already had Halo 2, lets have something better than that already

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, he's right. Almost all of you supported the idea of a 4sk magnum or faster kill times in general, but the CE pistol? Blasphemy!

Shit, accidental neg.

Not a particular date but it's scheduled for this week, before the week-end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a particular date but it's scheduled for this week, before the week-end.

Hopefully no later than Friday so we have a weekend to play it.

Not sure that I'm cool with the CE pistol having no red reticle.

We want it to be harder to aim, absolutely. But the red reticle is a pretty important piece of visual feedback. The auto-aim/friction settings of the gun should be different from other weapons through tuning parameters. Just reducing the RRR to nothing is a pretty lazy way of going about it (assuming this is what they've done, we really need more details).

EDIT Looks like the stream wasn't showing red reticles, so this probably won't be an issue after all.

Took me a whole 2 and a half cups of coffee to catch up on this thread

I didn't even know that you read this thread :simms:

On topic: What is going on with the servers/xbox live? I played two 20 minutes games of Warzone yesterday and they didn't count at all. Retrieving data, no REQ points or XP at all. The saddest part is that I used one of my extremly rare Phaetons in one of those games for my commendations. Got like 15+ kills with it that didn't count at the end and the Phaeton is gone anyway. :/ REQ'D.

If you guys rewatch the stream, the reticles on all the guns were fucked up.

Even the H5 pistol was showing no red reticle at close range.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@GoldenboyFTW

I agree with your general sentiment that sometimes people in the Halo community just needs to take a step back and chill out (myself included). However, I think the source of a lot of pent-up frustration is that people see some level of unrealized potential in Halo 5 and want all of it to be realized. So although a portion of the community might not enjoy the game in its current form, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to enjoy it. To them, it might be the equivalent of powering through a subpar season of a show they love, because they hope it can recapture some of the magic that made them love the show so much in the first place.

Not saying this is how I feel, but it's just a perspective that I can relate to and empathize with.

Yeah but if you only liked the first season that aired 15 years ago, and you've hated every season since, maybe its time to watch a new show?

Classic Halo to me is no Sprint, no abilities like Thrust, fast movement speed, fast base speed, decent starting weapon (CE Pistol, Reach ZB DMR, etc) and fair starts.

I'm probably forgetting a few things but I'm sure we can all get the gist of it.

Most people agree that classic Halo is lack of abilities, fair starts, etc but the starting weapon will always be the heavily debated part as seen from last night.

This week. The fact that patch notes are coming today makes me think it'll be today. We'll see, though.

The fact that patch notes are coming today makes me think it'll be today. We'll see, though.

Is this the medium sized news Frankie teased yesterday or something else?

Update

• 31 Splatters
  • 1,692 Promethean kills
  • 275 Assassinations
  • 2,342 Ground vehicle kills
  • 879 Shoulder Charges.

• 220 Assassinations
  • 1,447 Promethean kills
  • 2,117 Ground vehicle kills
  • 791 Shoulder Charges

• Upvote (+1) 1