CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This isn't American politics it's Halo, a video game created for enjoyment. I was talking to Mudkip on Twitter about this as well and I get people don't like the game but I enjoy the game quite a bit. I work a 9-5 job and travel constantly yet I come home every day to play the game and get better at it. Does that make me part of the problem? I love to play Halo 5.

I competed in one of the most competitive video games ever created on console (Shadowrun) and I will never have that experience again but you don't see me trying to push that agenda on to others. The argument goes both ways to be honest. Do things that you enjoy to do and if Halo 5 is not that then cut the cord and move on to something that makes you happy. Unless arguing on the internet makes you happy in which case you're helpless. Alternatively, saying Halo 5 is perfect (don't think anyone has but whatevs) is foolish as well. The game has flaws but even the best games have flaws and that cannot be helped. Nothing in life is perfect.

So I stand by my original statement. Just chill the hell out and move on.

Yes, it's a video game, but this isn't Minecraft we're discussing. Some of us are actually passionate about real Halo and still see the potential that the original Halo formula has. Not sure if you've noticed, but this game has been a huge failure and the future of Halo is looking very dim if drastic changes aren't made. This game not only has flaws, but it's not Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This doesn't answer anything I asked, and it's certainly not rational discussion.

EDIT: Thanks @@xSociety. It still seems like an exercise in futility to me though.

my point is that when we talk about past games and personal preferences, it's almost always a discussion on what everybody thinks is best for the series, what's the best route for 343 to take on X, and the fact that everybody has a different view on these things is what allows for the formation of the best ideas. This shouldn't ever stop, even if one thinks it's futile.

Just because halo is a video game doesn't mean I can't care about it enough to want it to be the best it can be.

Guys, it's a video game. Chill the hell out.

If you like it, play it. If you don't, move on. It's really as simple as that.

Keep up the good work this weekend. Nice to see someone do what they love to do and keep a smile on their face through everything. I enjoy your casting and I think it's improving every tourney.

I don't know if that was sarcasm/passive aggressiveness or not, but  in the case it was, I can assure you, he definitely does, after my multiple paragraph rants in game. 

Edit: Hate making them though. Hate being negative/cynical. It's just not fun, nor good for me.

Am I really the kind of person you would think that was sarcastic? damn, there wasnt a kappa or anything, come on girl

So I actually just watched the CE pistol gameplay preview. The death spin is such great attention to detail. Obviously it's nothing more than a nostalgia thing that'll never be considered for official HCS settings, but it'll be cool to fuck around with in customs. They've given us a lot of that. Shame that the H2 BR is so far removed from the actual H2 BR.

I hate to break it to you but your entire statement is subjective. I'm passionate about Halo as well but I guess my passion is not the same as yours because your passionate about REAL Halo and this my passion is a lesser form of passion.

This is giving me a headache.

The numbers aren't subjective though. Millions played Halo 2 and Halo 3. Millions left Halo 4(see H4 infamous pop chart) when they discovered how bad it was and now Halo 5's population is even less than what Halo 4's was. It's proof that game breaking gimmicks like armor/Spartan abilities have not and will never work for Halo. People are tired of the bullshit and just want real Halo back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@GoldenboyFTW

I agree with your general sentiment that sometimes people in the Halo community just needs to take a step back and chill out (myself included). However, I think the source of a lot of pent-up frustration is that people see some level of unrealized potential in Halo 5 and want all of it to be realized. So although a portion of the community might not enjoy the game in its current form, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to enjoy it. To them, it might be the equivalent of powering through a subpar season of a show they love, because they hope it can recapture some of the magic that made them love the show so much in the first place.

Not saying this is how I feel, but it's just a perspective that I can relate to and empathize with.

I think your analogy is a solid one. For myself this is a video game I enjoy and I see the potential in Halo 5 for what it is but I feel like that opinion is not welcomed in this community and that I have to disagree with the direction 343 took the game in or else I'm not being true to "real Halo" or I'm a corporate shill/ a sellout (which I have been called before).

Hopefully that makes sense. In any case I'm done with the thread overall I just hope people find a glimmer of happiness through all the internet rage. :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Are you declaring a state of Dubu in this thread? If that's the case we will behave and Bubu our Dubus elsewhere. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Upvote (+1) 5

For myself this is a video game I enjoy and I see the potential in what Halo 5 for what it is but I feel like that opinion is not welcomed in this community

This is 100% a sad truth about the more hardcore / competitive side of the Halo community. There's no reason for someone to get harassed, name-called, or be told off for enjoying something. It's a very childish and unwelcoming pattern of behavior that really slams the door shut on a lot of new potential faces, and when you consider how much widespread  and newfound interest there has been in competitive Halo lately between X Games and Regionals, it can only come back and bite the competitive community in the butt down the road.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 Anniversary willl happenn. There is absolutely no way MS could pass up on selling the most popular 360 game again, but in a new coat and on their new console.

As long as it is H3Anniversary, and not Halo 3 Guardians, this will be the tell. Is Classic Halo (CE-3) what thhe market wants, or has Halo become a relic?

(Assuming 343 ignore us and don't fix some of the problems like the Autos and other bs)

I hate to break it to you but your entire statement is subjective. I'm passionate about Halo as well but I guess my passion is not the same as yours because your passionate about REAL Halo and this my passion is a lesser form of passion.

This is giving me a headache.

Halo 5 not being REAL Halo isn't the only problem with the game or 343.

Just because a problem isn't apparent to you doesn't mean there is no problem.

I've been a fan this franchise for 12 years. I don't want to see it fade away. That's why I'm critical, or as you would say, complain. It's not just a game to me.

Why is it hard to accept that people have legit concerns and complaints about the game. We talk about them because we want halo to be the best it can be, we debate because we care. If you're fine with the state of the H5 and feel like it needs no changes then continue playing h5 and ignore the complaints. You're the ones who need to move on, not us. Enough complaining about complaining. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@GoldenboyFTW

I enjoy this game. But it can be soo much more. This is what we are upset about. 343 have created this ember, but they have put it in a glass jar, and unless it gets out soon, it will die out.

We aren't mad for the sake of being mad (I think) We are mad because their is all this untapped potential waiting to be released, but 343 refuse to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 Anniversary willl happenn. There is absolutely no way MS could pass up on selling the most popular 360 game again, but in a new coat and on their new console.

As long as it is H3Anniversary, and not Halo 3 Guardians, this will be the tell. Is Classic Halo (CE-3) what thhe market wants, or has Halo become a relic?

(Assuming 343 ignore us and don't fix some of the problems like the Autos and other bs)

At this point I don't even want an H3 remaster or remake. I know 343 will end up fucking it up somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 not being REAL Halo isn't the only problem with the game or 343.

Just because a problem isn't apparent to you doesn't mean there is no problem.

I've been a fan this franchise for 12 years. I don't want to see it fade away. That's why I'm critical, or as you would say, complain. It's not just a game to me.

agreed discussion and debating is never a bad thing, even if it's about a video game, we care about this franchise that's why we complain, and we shouldn't stop because it occupies a certain medium.

I think your analogy is a solid one. For myself this is a video game I enjoy and I see the potential in Halo 5 for what it is but I feel like that opinion is not welcomed in this community and that I have to disagree with the direction 343 took the game in or else I'm not being true to "real Halo" or I'm a corporate shill/ a sellout (which I have been called before).

Hopefully that makes sense. In any case I'm done with the thread overall I just hope people find a glimmer of happiness through all the internet rage. :)

there are numerous people on this forum who like halo 5 yet get along fine with people who don't, anybody who denigrates another's opinion because they prefer something different are part of the minority.

Hey guys who would be interested in TeamBeyond badges at the event?

Here is a rough prototype of what I plan? THEY WILL BE %100 FREE! If I do them! Just feel free to donate a beer or two lol.

FajRqmZ.png

Any suggestions?  

• Upvote (+1) 3

This isn't American politics it's Halo, a video game created for enjoyment. I was talking to Mudkip on Twitter about this as well and I get people don't like the game but I enjoy the game quite a bit. I work a 9-5 job and travel constantly yet I come home every day to play the game and get better at it. Does that make me part of the problem? I love to play Halo 5.

I competed in one of the most competitive video games ever created on console (Shadowrun) and I will never have that experience again but you don't see me trying to push that agenda on to others. The argument goes both ways to be honest. Do things that you enjoy to do and if Halo 5 is not that then cut the cord and move on to something that makes you happy. Unless arguing on the internet makes you happy in which case you're helpless. Alternatively, saying Halo 5 is perfect (don't think anyone has but whatevs) is foolish as well. The game has flaws but even the best games have flaws and that cannot be helped. Nothing in life is perfect.

So I stand by my original statement. Just chill the hell out and move on.

If you want us to move on then how about you ask 343 if they can completely fix MCC for us? You have connections with 343 to be able to do that right? For a lot us MCC was our backup plan if Halo 5 shit the bed but since MCC launched in a poor state and remained in a poor state, Halo 5 is now our last hope.

This is why a lot of us are so passionate, vocal, and critical about Halo 5. We advocate for these certain changes because we want to see the game reach it's full potential. We want to see more ideal settings for competitive play. If 343 is so adamant on changing the team arena(HCS) settings to be more ideal for competitive play then the least they can do is provide us with an alternative matchmaking playlist that has more ideal competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everyone reserves the right to criticize anything their passionate about. Simple as that. 

Straight up flaming is another thing... So many people in this community forget either of these two qualities of logic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys who would be interested in TeamBeyond badges at the event?

Here is a rough prototype of what I plan? THEY WILL BE %100 FREE! If I do them! Just feel free to donate a beer or two lol.

FajRqmZ.png

Any suggestions?  

Maybe refine the white borders around the logo to match it more accurately. Aside from that looking mint. 

• Upvote (+1) 2