CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ok 343, Riptide has been out long enough that you can decrease the weighting. Same with overgrowth.

Why does Truth and Coliseum have the lowest weighting? Best maps in the game IMO.

Do they have lowered weighting? If anything, I feel that Eden has the lowest. Haven't played on it at all, but have played on the former two listed maps multiple times.

Okay? Not trying to come off as rude, but in the 4-5 months I've owned the game, I've held the same complaints and criticisms towards the title. Nothing has changed between then, and now based on who I play with. I don't generally "care" about what studies are done, mainly because I didn't get special treatment, or give any. The man's just a friend. Being my friend, or I being his still wouldn't change what I personally feel about the game. That's how it works in my head, which, mind you, studies can't account for.

Studies can account for that stuff, it's exactly what I'm talking about. Okay, I believe you haven't been swayed at all from playing with an employee of the game, I'll give you that. Good on you. 

Just know how it can work sometimes. The person will have absolutely no doubt in their mind how they feel about something and complete confidence in themselves about it, yet, in reality they have been swayed. Politicians use this knowledge all the time for their benefit and it's proven with statistics and data. You do believe people can be in denial about something right? They will tell you they're not in denial about it, that's the whole point. 

Edit: I've been in denial about stuff before, but at least I'm aware it's possible and I try to actively avoid that type of thinking. Coming out of what amounts to being brainwashed was the most amazing experience I've ever had.   

Studies can account for that stuff, it's exactly what I'm talking about. Okay, I believe you haven't been swayed at all from playing with an employee of the game, I'll give you that. Good on you.

Just know how it can work sometimes. The person will have absolutely no doubt in their mind how they feel about something and complete confidence in themselves about it, yet, in reality they have been swayed. Politicians use this knowledge all the time for their benefit and it's proven with statistics and data. You do believe people can be in denial about something right? They will tell you they're not in denial about it, that's the whole point.

this is true for things like personality as well, people you surround yourself with tend to rub off on you in certain ways, some more than other, but it happens that's just how we're wired as organisms.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Meh, bullshit. I play with him regularly and still hold my criticisms and shit towards the game. Not gonna let who I play with sway that.

I concur, Tyler definitely knows that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can believe they're in denial. I see it a lot in multiple places. I was just saying that overall, with a true certainty, I haven't been swayed, nor am I in denial. Also, when I referred to being accounted for, I solely meant it in the way that I wasn't literally accounted for. I'm outside of that equation, and I'd much rather be officially "tested"/"screened" for it, before being lumped in with the others whom are accounted with it.

Damn guys, that was a fun ass day to read in this thread.

Agreed with a lot of things Lemon said, disagreed a couple things.

Heytred's had a lot of good points but some bad points.

Thanks guys for keeping me entertained for the last 6 hours :flames: :apg::simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Coffin...

Funeral?

Is this a "Halo 5 is dead" joke?

Coffin/Coughin'

GET IT. 

I concur, Tyler definitely knows that.

I don't know if that was sarcasm/passive aggressiveness or not, but  in the case it was, I can assure you, he definitely does, after my multiple paragraph rants in game. 

Edit: Hate making them though. Hate being negative/cynical. It's just not fun, nor good for me.

The same people who moved on from it the second a new game came out? Those people? Yea, lets keep catering to them.

According to Josh Halo 5 has the highest retention rate of any Halo.

Maybe he's only counting the Halo's after Halo 4. lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair, he did say the highest of all other than H3 but yes, that statement was little bit too extreme to believe.

"Let me just adjust these parameters real quick....and....done. See, Halo 5 is the most popular Halo game ever made!"

and no everyone else who engaged in attacking wasn't? You're faulting lemon because he believes what he says, by that logic everyone everywhere is a cunt.

And to think people have been banned for calling someone dense... 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know if you're a cunt, but apparently you're a dick or something.

something like that...

Everyone here has an opinion about something that is so strong that they believe anyone else having the opposite opinion is wrong. Literally everyone does, don't say that isn't true because you'd be lying to yourself. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

because rational discussion of viewpoints is for pin heads. No one should push for what they think is best for the series, we should all just live with one prevailing opinion, no free thought for anyone.

This doesn't answer anything I asked, and it's certainly not rational discussion.

EDIT: Thanks @@xSociety. It still seems like an exercise in futility to me though.

Guys, it's a video game. Chill the hell out.

If you like it, play it. If you don't, move on. It's really as simple as that.

But this is Halo. We don't play what we like. We play what we don't like.

I just don't get it though.

Do you guys REALLY think you'll have an effect on Halo 6/7 etc? Why do you keep pushing for "classic" Halo when it won't ever happen? @@Brad Pitt @@Cursed Lemon @@xSociety

Please explain it to me because it seems so useless to repeat. What exactly are you hoping for?

Do I think I'll have an affect on Halo 6/7? No, 343 cannot be reasoned with. Either we need Bungie back or a new dev. I keep pushing for "classic" Halo because that's the Halo that works. That's the Halo the sells big and that's the Halo that maintains a high population for years. Fun, competitive, and addictive gameplay. Game breaking gimmicks like armor/Spartan abilities cannot and will not ever work for Halo and the franchises nose diving sales and population numbers are proof of that. It's either go back to the original formula or this franchise is done.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok so apparently two posts within the span of less than six hours that give a fair warning against that type of behavior wasn't clear enough.

Please for the love of bubu dubu, either stop with this nonsense or take it to PMs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With an attitude like that, imagine what Halo 5 would have been like if no one complained about Halo 4.

I don't accept the "If you don't like America than you can just get out" argument.

This isn't American politics it's Halo, a video game created for enjoyment. I was talking to Mudkip on Twitter about this as well and I get people don't like the game but I enjoy the game quite a bit. I work a 9-5 job and travel constantly yet I come home every day to play the game and get better at it. Does that make me part of the problem? I love to play Halo 5.

I competed in one of the most competitive video games ever created on console (Shadowrun) and I will never have that experience again but you don't see me trying to push that agenda on to others. The argument goes both ways to be honest. Do things that you enjoy to do and if Halo 5 is not that then cut the cord and move on to something that makes you happy. Unless arguing on the internet makes you happy in which case you're helpless. Alternatively, saying Halo 5 is perfect (don't think anyone has but whatevs) is foolish as well. The game has flaws but even the best games have flaws and that cannot be helped. Nothing in life is perfect.

So I stand by my original statement. Just chill the hell out and move on.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok so apparently two posts within the span of less than six hours that give a fair warning against that type of behavior wasn't clear enough.

Please for the love of bubu dubu, either stop with this nonsense or take it to PMs.

Are you declaring a state of Dubu in this thread? If that's the case we will behave and Bubu our Dubus elsewhere. 

Goodnight everyone. Have sweet 3sk dreams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1