CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The CE Pistol looks perfect. The Melee animation is perfect. The death spin after the 3 is perfect.

All that annoys me is that there is no leading. Hopefully it is hard enough to shoot to justify its power.

I'm hoping it has zero-AA.

The CE Pistol looks perfect. The Melee animation is perfect. The death spin after the 3 is perfect.

All that annoys me is that there is no leading. Hopefully it is hard enough to shoot to justify its power.

Quality post.

BANNED.

It was seen without a red reticle in game, so we've been hypothesizing that it could have no auto aim function whatsoever to increase the skill-gap in its use.

How about we all bury the hatchet with some HCE pistol 4v4 customs? I plan on running customs all night when it comes out and there's certainly no harm in running some customs to get a feel for it. I'd love to see this game with a high speed utility.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about we all bury the hatchet with some HCE pistol 4v4 customs? I plan on running customs all night when it comes out and there's certainly no harm in running some customs to get a feel for it. I'd love to see this game with a high speed utility.

Gotta be 2v2 to lower the teamshot.

/s but not really  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When does Halo 5 come out of Early AAAccess? After what update with content that should have been there from day 1 will it be feature complete? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lemon's posts are a bit like the storm rifle, fast and powerful but leave everything heated.

There is no overcharge though. 

People gave you negative rep. Big deal. Get over it. Whats even more sad is both the pistol comment you made today and the bullet points from your post in 2014 have both been negated seeing as people love the movement aspect of halo 5 and the pistol you idealize wont be in the game as of right now. You act like your rep points somehow make your opinions immune to being in the minority of how other people feel on here. Your reputation can mean a number of things. If youre Snip3down or Lethul, you can say pretty much w/e you want and people will upvote it. Cratos could put the cure to cancer in a post and i guarantee you it will be downvoted.

You're missing the point pretty hard right here.

just want to quote this post again since the bickering has started again.

Now I want some one to tell me what is wrong with it.

I think the past several months people have gone out of their way to attack lemon because he's the popular target. That's what I think.

It is also apparent that a lot of people that play with him regularly are unable to be unbiased. 

Meh, bullshit. I play with him regularly and still hold my criticisms and shit towards the game. Not gonna let who I play with sway that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You won't get anywhere with that. Heytred thinks 343 has done more for Halo than any other game developer has for a series.

He needs to realize that is is 100% impossible for him to be unbiased when it comes to 343 and their decisions. It is also apparent that a lot of people that play with him regularly are unable to be unbiased. We have people here who don't think Halo 5 could have shipped with more features, maps, and gametypes. They think 343 didn't hold anything back at any time as well. Guess what, most of the people who say that stuff play with a (ex) 343 employee regularly or are in contact with someone from 343 on a regular basis.

To be fair, I don't think they deliberately held anything back. They probably ran out of time and decided to focus more on the new stuff. Was that the best decision? Debatable. Was it done on purpose? I honestly don't think so.

Not to mention if it was intentional, what advantage would there be? It's not like they held it back to turn into dlc to make money off of, as it's free. The "novelty" of new old playlists and gametypes doesn't keep people around either, 343 should know that one from back when snipers, swat, amd doubles were rotational in The 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You won't get anywhere with that. Heytred thinks 343 has done more for Halo than any other game developer has for a series. 

He needs to realize that is is 100% impossible for him to be unbiased when it comes to 343 and their decisions. It is also apparent that a lot of people that play with him regularly are unable to be unbiased. We have people here who don't think Halo 5 could have shipped with more features, maps, and gametypes. They think 343 didn't hold anything back at any time as well. Guess what, most of the people who say that stuff play with a (ex) 343 employee regularly or are in contact with someone from 343 on a regular basis. 

Thank you for quoting that before it got deleted. Never seen a post deleted so fast; thought it was an error on my part in posting lol. I know Infinity is in love with 343 and Halo 5 though.

What's sad is that most of the people that are still left here actually think Halo 5 is good, so when anyone goes against the 343 grain and advocates for real Halo to come back, they get shredded by all the 343/H5 fans. I appreciate that people like @@Cursed Lemon are passionate enough about real Halo to still be here and still keep the hope alive that we can one day get a quality Halo game with original formula again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All that matters is that we now have a window to see first hand exactly how H5 would play with a high speed utility. That's an opportunity I think most of us have at least wanted to explore to some degree. It's obviously not going to be perfectly balanced with the rest of the sandbox, but it could prove to be ideal for competitive play (pending its level of bullet mag/aim assist) and, I think most importantly, it offers us another reference going forward when we look at overall weapon balance in terms of TTK.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Meh, bullshit. I play with him regularly and still hold my criticisms and shit towards the game. Not gonna let who I play with sway that.

You can say that all you want but that's not how it works in reality. There have been multiple studies on this sort of thing. Kinda like how sometimes a reviewer of a movie or game gets special perks like trips or exclusive interviews, their reviews are almost always higher than the reviewer who didn't get any special treatment. With absolutely no fault of the reviewer, he was swayed subconsciously. 

A lot of the best game reviewers will decline things like this because they know how it works and have a lot of integrity. 

It's not a necessarily a bad thing, just understand that it does happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you hear the guy who invented throat lozenges died?

There was no coffin at the funeral.

Coffin...

Funeral?

Is this a "Halo 5 is dead" joke?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to have to hand out bans and/or lock this thread for a day if this doesn't stop. Please just take it to PMs or Skype or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason we are getting so heated is because Halo 5 is an ember. 343 has already proven that they do not want to blow on it, so we doit for them.

When the update drops, lets play some AR,CE Starts. I'm interested to see how this changes the game, for better or worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know if there's bloom/spread yet? It's a pretty big fucking deal

You can say that all you want but that's not how it works in reality. There have been multiple studies on this sort of thing. 

Okay? Not trying to come off as rude, but in the 4-5 months I've owned the game, I've held the same complaints and criticisms towards the title. Nothing has changed between then, and now based on who I play with. I don't generally "care" about what studies are done, mainly because I didn't get special treatment, or give any. The man's just a friend. Being my friend, or I being his still wouldn't change what I personally feel about the game. That's how it works in my head, which, mind you, studies can't account for.

Ok 343, Riptide has been out long enough that you can decrease the weighting. Same with overgrowth.

Why does Truth and Coliseum have the lowest weighting? Best maps in the game IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1