CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not saying they didn't, but I don't think its nearly as bad an effect that it was in H4

Most likely it's because they reduced the delta between base movement and sprint so that you only move at around 115%, which means players move at a more consistent pace (and slower on average since sprint is slower). Thus allowing them to shrink the maps a bit more. I can't fathom how badly Truth would play in The 4.

Reach's sprint was around 162% base from what I remember and The 4's sprint was faster than Reach's, although the delta may have been smaller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, yeah, I know. It's viable as hell, and I do it as often as I can now, but I do agree on accessibility. Auto aim is really jacked up for some reason. Your reticle doesn't need to drag along with the enemy if they move 10-20 feet, it just needs a slight "tug" in their direction.

I feel like in other Halo's, the reticle only slows or sticks when it touches them, but in Halo 5 it feels like it gets jerked along with the target is in like a 40 degree cone of my current facing, but the strength of the pull itself is weaker. Aim is all jacked up anyway, so I wouldn't know.

Even so, it's not unplayable. Whatever though, ignore lists exist for a reason, I'm done talking about Cursed Lemon lol.

But it's not enjoyable, just like every other 343 Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most likely it's because they reduced the delta between base movement and sprint so that you only move at around 115%, which means players move at a more consistent pace (and slower on average since sprint is slower). Thus allowing them to shrink the maps a bit more. I can't fathom how badly Truth would play in The 4.

Reach's sprint was around 162% base from what I remember and The 4's sprint was faster than Reach's, although the delta may have been smaller.

Absolutely. Sprinting in H5 is nothing. It's primarily a utility for Charge, Slide, or Slide Boosting

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Hype is dead.

Hold that thought until we find out how it functions besides that. No need for yet another person in this forum making rash statements.

Hype is dead.

As much as I like Halo 1, I'm more interested in seeing how the aim assist and bullet magnetism is. If the weapon is difficult to use, I don't think hitscan or projectile will really matter all that much.

Then again, I look at this more like a starting weapon and replacement for the current Magnum.

Online projectiles instead of hitscan in a high TTK game like Halo=shit.

In Halo 1, there's a change in leading your targets on a host box and a box connected to that box. Imagine the variation of lead required with these shit Halo 5 servers.

Online projectiles work in games like Battlefield because you can adjust your projectiles before people run away since the TTK is so fast. You fuck your lead up 1 shot in Halo 5 due to connection, it's bye bye thrust time.

Oh, yeah, I know. It's viable as hell, and I do it as often as I can now, but I do agree on accessibility. Auto aim is really jacked up for some reason. Your reticle doesn't need to drag along with the enemy if they move 10-20 feet, it just needs a slight "tug" in their direction.

It doesn't need tug, I despise it. Robbed me of many kills.

It just needs sensitivity slowing, like they showed in The Sprint. That's what makes H2A feel soooooo good (as easy as it is).

Even so, it's not unplayable. Whatever though, ignore lists exist for a reason, I'm done talking about Cursed Lemon lol.

I don't care about your petty beef with Cursed Lemon but don't you fucking dare underplay the tragedy that is MCC. The game released in a broken state and has received little to no developer support after it's release and to this very day is still being neglected by 343. The game might seem playable to you but to many other Halo purists/Halo veterans the game is virtually unplayable. I personally still enjoy playing MCC to get my Halo 1 fix but it's depressing knowing that the game will never play like the original. http://www.halobugs.com/

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel like in other Halo's, the reticle only slows or sticks when it touches them, but in Halo 5 it feels like it gets jerked along with the target is in like a 40 degree cone of my current facing, but the strength of the pull itself is weaker. Aim is all jacked up anyway, so I wouldn't know.

Duuuude.

I was aiming at a kid and shooting him then a ghost boosts across my screen and drags my reticle half way across my screen in the complete opposite direction of where I'm aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online projectiles instead of hitscan in a high TTK game like Halo=shit.

In Halo 1, there's a change in leading your targets on a host box and a box connected to that box. Imagine the variation of lead required with these shit Halo 5 servers.

Online projectiles work in games like Battlefield because you can adjust your projectiles before people run away since the TTK is so fast. You fuck your lead up 1 shot in Halo 5 due to connection, it's bye bye thrust time.

Those issues are from how the game's specific netcode handles projectiles, not from simply using projectiles in an online setting. It's possible to program it so the lead doesn't vary from host to host.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hold that thought until we find out how it functions besides that. No need for yet another person in this forum making rash statements.

As much as I like Halo 1, I'm more interested in seeing how the aim assist and bullet magnetism is. If the weapon is difficult to use, I don't think hitscan or projectile will really matter all that much.

Then again, I look at this more like a starting weapon and replacement for the current Magnum.

Ok I will be more open minded.

Forgive us for not instantly thinking a weapon that was good in one game would be good in an entirely different game (a halo game that plays nothing like past halos).

Truthfully, a .6 second killtime would help balance out the ridiculousness of the SMG and Storm Rifle.

Depending on how the aim assist is, the other rifles could potentially be balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Forgive us for not instantly thinking a weapon that was good in one game would be good in an entirely different game (a halo game that plays nothing like past halos).

I honestly think it would make the game play better. It would actually give pistol users a chance against autos. With all the new movement abilities players aren't punished as much because they can escape before the current pistol can kill them.

Halo 5 is awful. The CE pistol can only improve it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Truthfully, a .6 second killtime would help balance out the ridiculousness of the SMG and Storm Rifle.

Depending on how the aim assist is, the other rifles could potentially be balanced.

100% agree.

I fucking hate how everyone instantly says no to trying to change the game and improve it both for the player and viewer.

Let's at least make settings and have pros test them out in 4v4 before we say something doesn't work.

I mean, he's right. Almost all of you supported the idea of a 4sk magnum or faster kill times in general, but the CE pistol? Blasphemy!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Any guesses what req level it will take to call in the CE pistol?

I would be confident is saying 6, one higher that the DMR.

I mean, he's right. Almost all of you supported the idea of a 4sk magnum or faster kill times in general, but the CE pistol? Blasphemy!

it's not just a matter of what's good for the game or what I would like to test but also a question of what is possible, HCE playlist - possible, HCE pistol starts for HCE - not do much, not after creating so many skins (-> microtransactions -> money) for the normal pistol, pushing for an improved H5 pistol sounds much more realistic to me (that does not mean I wouldn't like to see HCE pistol starts! I just don't think 343 will even want to test this for HCS)

I still don't see how his posts today were different from any other posts he has ever made..

That's the thing, who's to say they were ever acceptable to begin with?

Don't get me wrong, I like Lemon. He's an intelligent guy and his viewpoints about the game are spot-on.

However, the fact is, he constantly belittles and mocks others.

This forum has rules, why does Lemon get a free pass?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1