CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I understand it can be extremely frustrating and upsetting when people just don't see your way, but there's definitely a more mature and civil way to have these kinds of discussions. In the future, please refrain from name-calling, passive-aggressiveness, and baiting.

hey just wanted to say hi and that i really enjoyed your halo content.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed, but it looks a bit big.

Definitely don't think it'll play good for Slayer in the slightest (maybe with good Weapons/Powerups) but CTF/Flag/Strongholds should all be awesome.

Yeah, the size is a problem, sprint in such :/, but it's not going to break it, its not like Halo 4.

im guess that its going to have very low aim assist and magnetism based on the reticle, though i could be wrong.

It still suck though. Aim assist we've always had, but magnetism on the CE pistol? Lord have mercy if they pull that shit. There's also no signs of bloom/spread which is also a big fucking deal.

Can't say I'm surprised at it being hitscan. 343 always has a way to hype you up for something and then crush it with some detail that we end up finding out about later on.

You kidding me, another UNSC map for next months update? Was really hoping they'd finally get infection out. Just a tease anyways but ffs...

I agree. It would be nice to change it up since the same themes are getting stale.

Maybe I'm crazy but I Torque kinda reminded me of Station 9 in some areas.

The middle area with the ground lifts kind of reminded me of Adrift where the Mantis was.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I'm going to take a small stab, and say, the reasoning behind hitscan, is that it lacks auto aim functions entirely. Would explain the lack of a red reticle and would make it exceptionally hard to use, just in another way. It may not emulate it entirely, but it could still have a large skillgap, and to be honest, that is really all that matters to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, I'm going to take a small stab, and say, the reasoning behind hitscan, is that it lacks auto aim functions entirely. Would explain the lack of a red reticle and would make it exceptionally hard to use, just in another way. It may not emulate it entirely, but it could still have a large skillgap, and to be honest, that is really all that matters to me.

The honestly would be an awful alternative, having no aim assist at all is just frustrating on a console shooter

• Upvote (+1) 1

The honestly would be an awful alternative, having no aim assist at all is just frustrating on a console shooter

Frustrating, maybe. But not impossible. 2008's Turok did this, and after I got accustomed to playing it, even with a single shot, precision weapon that wasn't hitscan, my aim dramatically improved on a gamepad. It's very satisfying to become good at a game like that.

Yea cause having a gun that's actually hard to aim is the end of the world. Might start to see separation between talented players and AR sprayers.

I'm pretty sure this was assuming they did right by the community with MCC, which to be honest they really haven't. "Just as you remember it." Never quite came to existence.

Basically this. I don't understand always posting cynical shit about a game someone could literally not care any less about. At this point I wholeheartedly feel that anything he says won't have a single effect on competitive halo's future. At all.

It's kind of amusing, back in like June of 2014 or w/e when MCC was announced he was on a Bomb Planted episode and stated that "they could make the biggest pile of shit for Halo 5 and it wouldn't matter because they gave us MCC."

Yet here he is, hundreds of posts in bitching and bitching about Halo 5. 

And please don't try and justify doing so because, let me guess, there's something wrong with Halo 1 on MCC. My eyes are rolling.

Please fucking remember what you said at 52 minutes into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNN7N-_zDyE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even so, it's not unplayable. Whatever though, ignore lists exist for a reason, I'm done talking about Cursed Lemon lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yea cause having a gun that's actually hard to aim is the end of the world. Might start to see separation between talented players and AR sprayers.

The issue is that controllers are inherently limited when it comes to precision.  It's already difficult enough to make small adjustments with the way aiming in Halo 5 works, completely taking away the aim assist is not ideal.

Frustrating, maybe. But not impossible. 2008's Turok did this, and after I got accustomed to playing it, even with a single shot, precision weapon that wasn't hitscan, my aim dramatically improved on a gamepad. It's very satisfying to become good at a game like that.

My only experience with no aim assist on a console fps was CS:GO and I found it frustrating beyond belief, it was impossible to get optimal kills with a controller given that you couldn't even effectively control the spread patterns.  It'd probably be more bearable in a game like Halo where the shots usually go straight but I wouldn't call it enjoyable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even so, it's not unplayable. Whatever though, ignore lists exist for a reason, I'm done talking about Cursed Lemon lol.

It was unplayable for like 6 months, and iIt's still not at 100%. You could say MCC works now, but the playerbase is gone.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can't say I'm surprised at it being hitscan. 343 always has a way to hype you up for something and then crush it with some detail that we end up finding out about later on.

In what way shape or form were they 'hyping you up' for a Projectile Pistol? You literally only knew about the Weapon Model and the Melee Pistol Whip... nothing else.

Yeah, the size is a problem, sprint in such :/, but it's not going to break it, its not like Halo 4.

meh, I'm very happy with the size of maps in Vanilla H5, Sprint clearly didn't affect anyone of them that maliciously. Therefore I doubt this one is any bigger to accommodate Sprint. They likely went intentionally with a new style, and made it especially focused with Assault in mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My only experience with no aim assist on a console fps was CS:GO and I found it frustrating beyond belief, it was impossible to get optimal kills with a controller given that you couldn't even effectively control the spread patterns.  It'd probably be more bearable in a game like Halo where the shots usually go straight but I wouldn't call it enjoyable.

The learning curve may not be necessarily enjoyable, sure, but managing to hit well placed shots with no auto aim on a gamepad is probably the most satisfying thing to me in any game. I'll speak for myself on that though.

meh, I'm very happy with the size of maps in Vanilla H5, Sprint clearly didn't affect anyone of them that maliciously. Therefore I doubt this one is any bigger to accommodate Sprint. They likely went intentionally with a new style, and made it especially focused with Assault in mind.

Truth, brah. Sprint (and abilities in general) still affect map size.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Truth, brah. Sprint (and abilities in general) still affect map size.

I'm not saying they didn't, but I don't think its nearly as bad an effect that it was in H4

I'm not saying they didn't, but I don't think its nearly as bad an effect that it was in H4

Hoping if you advocate for sprint you might get hired at 343. Shame on you.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The learning curve may not be necessarily enjoyable, sure, but managing to hit well placed shots with no auto aim on a gamepad is probably the most satisfying thing to me in any game. I'll speak for myself on that though.

I played Blops 3 for a month without aim assist. It's absolutely viable for competetive play, I obviously had a negative k/d but I did have many good games and did shit on many players who had it on.

I'm not saying it shouldn't have aim assist, it's necessary to some degree to make it accessible, but is waaaaaaaay overdone by devs. Halo 5's is ridiculous as well as CoD's. I agree it'd be a great thing, I even think CE had too much.

Oh, yeah, that I can agree with to a point, also can disagree with it, due to new abilities altering the map in new ways that, while not as bad as H4, are still noticeable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played Blops 3 for a month without aim assist. It's absolutely viable for competetive play, I obviously had a negative k/d but I did have many good games and did shit on many players who had it on.

I'm not saying it shouldn't have aim assist, it's necessary to some degree to make it accessible, but is waaaaaaaay overdone by devs. Halo 5's is ridiculous as well as CoD's. I agree it'd be a great thing, I even think CE had too much.

Oh, yeah, I know. It's viable as hell, and I do it as often as I can now, but I do agree on accessibility. Auto aim is really jacked up for some reason. Your reticle doesn't need to drag along with the enemy if they move 10-20 feet, it just needs a slight "tug" in their direction.