CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Totally, so do I but anyone expecting them to remove medals is looking for too much.

Thats too much? Looool

Even then, Halo 5's got a nice balance of medals. Reversal feels good

Pic of Torque (sorry on my phone)

XgXhtHp.jpg

Saw this on a French halo website. I don't know from where this picture come from so yeah I just share it and we will see :) ... The more I see this pic the more I see an Empire remix more than anything ...

And they are adding a whole new number of medals also:

http://www.halodestiny.net/news/3177-de-nouvelles-medailles-a-venir

Looks like fathom.

Seriously though, why can't they just use some of the area's from Campaign.  A map on the back of the guardian would be a damn sight more interesting visually than yet another UNSC warehouse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't play much Halo 4, but weren't its maps visually distinct from one another? I'm also tired of seeing the same old assets reused in every single map.

I don't think there's actually many reused assets between the maps (besides remixes), it's just they're using the same visual style.

I didn't play much Halo 4, but weren't its maps visually distinct from one another? I'm also tired of seeing the same old assets reused in every single map.

Halo 4's UNSC maps were actually pretty distinct from one anther visually. They had the same general style, they at least mixed it up when it came to the fine details and geometric shapes. I actually think that H4 has superior art direction to H5. H5 just takes the failings of H4's art and accentuates them.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

That map Looks like it takes a lot of inspiration from empire layout wise.

Also, what's with the French always getting details early?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets be real about the Oddball skull. If 343 put in the flaming skull they would make the flame so fucking bright that the player holding the damn thing wouldn't be able to see. No thanks. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lets be real about the Oddball skull. If 343 put in the flaming skull they would make the flame so fucking bright that the player holding the damn thing wouldn't be able to see. No thanks. 

Doubt it. 343i nerfed the Prophet's Banes brightness outside of camo. Doubt they'd make flame flare so intense.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doubt it. 343i nerfed the Prophet's Banes brightness outside of camo. Doubt they'd make flame flare so intense.

Recurve.

Fucking Recurve.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For one, sorry, accidental neg. Site went batshit crazy on me when I tried to quote you. Quite aggravating. Second, Recurve's fine, fam. :kappa:

Recurve's fine when you don't look up or have to fight someone higher than you....

The sun is triggering

For one, sorry, accidental neg. Site went batshit crazy on me when I tried to quote you. Quite aggravating. Second, Recurve's fine, fam. :kappa:

Fixed the negative for you. All is right in the world now.

Fixed the negative for you. All is right in the world now.

<3

Recurve's fine when you don't look up or have to fight someone higher than you....

The sun is triggering

Eh, I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have an issue with it, mainly because I just sorta "block it out". I mean, I KNOW it's an issue because you can't even see your Spartan in the post-game cutscene unless someone's wielding a Rocket Turret, which is quite ridiculous, I just deal with it. 

<3

Eh, I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have an issue with it, mainly because I just sorta "block it out". I mean, I KNOW it's an issue because you can't even see your Spartan in the post-game cutscene unless someone's wielding a Rocket Turret, which is quite ridiculous, I just deal with it.

I shouldn't have to deal with flares and unnecessary and intrusive visual shit in a so called "Arena shooted"

At least I can thank Christ Truth is playable in retail; beta Truth was a walk through JJ Abram's wet dream

"We’ve also been keeping an eye on your feedback on matching/skill matchmaking within social playlists."

hopefully this will move things closer to true social?

I hope so. Played 3 games of that CTF playlist and that was enough for me. Definitely not real social yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just prefer it when you only get medals for meaningful things mate. Would rather the medals like Halo 2 or 3.

And how Bungie gave each medal a distinct color scheme and silhouette.

103px-Sniper_Kill_Medal.svg.png

I think this version is way better than the new one. It stands out much more amongst the other medals. The H5 medals are too similar to each other imo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anyone have an idea how long it will take us to get the rest of the Achilles Commendations done at the rate we're going?

Also regarding inactives - boot their asses and get the good guys in here :P

Still grindin away.

Roughly 71 days if my drunk calculations are correct at the rate we're going. Ima level 65 pweez let me stay  :(

Didn't Ghost just say there is another Gravity Hammer coming we didn't see? Or did my english comprehension is not that good?

They just mentioned that the hammer has an interesting skill gap. I wonder...

I really hope that means they aren't putting the Hammer on a 4v4 Arena map.