CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Exactly why I said if

Well the day we find out will most likely be the day that the update drops....so like theres literally no reason to even demand answers once we find out what the updates to the sandbox are.

i'm pretty sure I remember bravo saying that the new map isn't a remix.

wow, the first all new map. I don't know wether to be happy or annoyed.

From Brav in the latest update:

"The Hammer Storm update has way more inside, too. Not just new game types, content, weapons, and more, but also sandbox updates, new Forge goodness, UI improvements, and more tweaks."

Sandbox updates? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? 

Could this actually mean weapon tweaks? I'm way too giddy over something that is probably just some REQ weapon tweaks.

From Brav in the latest update:

"The Hammer Storm update has way more inside, too. Not just new game types, content, weapons, and more, but also sandbox updates, new Forge goodness, UI improvements, and more tweaks."

Sandbox updates? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Could this actually mean weapon tweaks? I'm way too giddy over something that is probably just some REQ weapon tweaks.

This gave me a good chuckle. Probably because I just watched the movie the other day.

wow, the first all new map. I don't know wether to be happy or annoyed.

Anything other than a good balanced map will annoy me. If they're making another samey map, fine, but fuck me what does it take for them to make a map that actually plays well. There's a handful of decent maps on release and it's be garbage since. FREE garbage.

Anyone have an idea how long it will take us to get the rest of the Achilles Commendations done at the rate we're going?

Also regarding inactives - boot their asses and get the good guys in here :P

Still grindin away.

it seems like last months sad attempt to create a HCE's Mk5 was not actually done by 343 but by another studio (Airborne Studios)

if MCC had taught 343 anything, they should have learned that they really need to work on their quality controll when working with other studios..

(Sorry if that has been known, I've had some busy days and couldn't keep up with all halo stuff)

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Sandbox updates" doesn't sound like buffing/nerfing things to me. They MIGHT move weapons around or decrease the amount on maps, but I think that's still a stretch at this point. Wouldn't put it past them to actually "update" the sandbox by adding new gimmicky weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played the campaign on 4 player co-op last night. It feels good to play a Halo campaign with no huge delay.

New medals for new gametypes?

Shocker!

Absolutely no shocker for me, just wanted to share the news :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

New medals for new gametypes?

Shocker!

I forgot aobut the "Ball" gametype now (RIP skull), but we all know they're going to add more meaningless medals regardless.

And yeah, Torque looks like an Empire remix and even if it isn't, I wish they didn't use the same UNSC aesthetics.

I forgot aobut the "Ball" gametype now (RIP skull), but we all know they're going to add more meaningless medals regardless.

And yeah, Torque looks like an Empire remix and even if it isn't, I wish they didn't use the same UNSC aesthetics.

I'll hold my opinion until I play it regarding what it "plays like", but I sure as shit am tired of that aesthetic too :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1bwKDG1.png

Alas, poor Oddball! I knew him, TeamBeyond; a fellow of infinite flare, of most excellent blaze; he hath borne me on his flames a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my Halo it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those teeth that I have held I know not how oft. Where be your burden now? Your bounces? Your rolls? Your flings off the map, that were wont to set the Lockout on a roar?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm just always amazed on how many times 343 can straight up lie or be very manipulative in what they're going to "fix" and how people continue to eat it all up. As a community, we need to start demanding more direct answers. If they're reducing the damage or range of the AR and if they refuse to give statistics (which is extremely common in update notes from other developers) or video, there's a good reason.

Accidental neg bro

1bwKDG1.png

Alas, poor Oddball! I knew him, TeamBeyond; a fellow of infinite flare, of most excellent blaze; he hath borne me on his flames a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my Halo it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those teeth that I have held I know not how oft. Where be your burden now? Your bounces? Your rolls? Your flings off the map, that were wont to set the Lockout on a roar?

I personally liked Macbeth better. My favourite is still Twelfth Night though.

They should be getting rid of medals (the unnecessary ones) not adding. 

They aren't going to delete medals and it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone when they add new medals for new modes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"We’ve also been keeping an eye on your feedback on matching/skill matchmaking within social playlists."

hopefully this will move things closer to true social?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hopefully the new map has good enough sightlines for CTF & Assault, since it is symmetrical. Also, the community needs to create an Oddball gametype right away, so it can be implemented for the next season of HWC, and so we get less Slayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't going to delete medals and it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone when they add new medals for new modes.

I just prefer it when you only get medals for meaningful things mate. Would rather the medals like Halo 2 or 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just prefer it when you only get medals for meaningful things mate. Would rather the medals like Halo 2 or 3.

Totally, so do I but anyone expecting them to remove medals is looking for too much.