CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Finally completed Legendary solo. Gonna do the collectibles next, which I guess may take even longer considering how many there are.

Shouldn't take too long. Few hours work on Easy.

Shouldn't take too long. Few hours work on Easy.

Hopefully, collectible achievements are pretty boring to do for the most part, but I want the 1000G for this.

Hopefully, collectible achievements are pretty boring to do for the most part, but I want the 1000G for this.

I feel you. Collecting my intel is my last achievement and has been for a long-ass time.

I'm more inclined to think they stumbled into it. Killing Arena Social to funnel people into the REQ system is a pretty convoluted way of getting people onboard. The REQ point award distribution does that plenty on its own.

The upside for them just doesn't seem worth the community wide backlash. Who knows though.

It's obvious. Use an Arena Legendary boost it gets you tops 750 reqs, use the same on a WZ game minimum 4k in Assault.

A small rant if I may:

With Halo 2 and Halo 3, the more I played those games, the more I loved them. Delving deeper into the meta and mechanics of games that proved to provide ample depth and rewarding gameplay.

With Halo 5, the opposite is happening to me. I have been playing a lot and getting considerably better, but the more I learn about the game the less I like it. I simply find myself abusing the game's mechanics which provide little/no counter-play (autos, spartan charge, radar) more and more. These aren't the mechanics of the game I find fun or rewarding. They're shallow and I always feel dirty for using them. The maps leave much to be desired (in regards to design and the ridiculous amount of power weapons on them), and the servers are terrible. Game that have bad lag in them are becoming more and more frequent and I have a quitter/disconnect in almost 33% of my arena games over the past 2 weeks. 

I know this has all been said before but damn, I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep grinding this game waiting for it to get better.

Agreed. I find it hard to see myself continue Halo 5's arena grind without a 4 shot pistol, which is a shame.

Like all you have to do is make a 4 shot kill. Thats ALL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

mother of god... has anyone actually paid that?

Guardian (best awp player in the world atm) just paid about $10k for a lore with his name on. Some skins can go for $15-20k+, especially extremely rare/one of a kind knives.

Wow, didn't know the skins actually wore away with time. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disgusted.

They don't, that graphic is just showing you roughly what the skin looks like in each of the conditions available.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A small rant if I may:

With Halo 2 and Halo 3, the more I played those games, the more I loved them. Delving deeper into the meta and mechanics of games that proved to provide ample depth and rewarding gameplay.

With Halo 5, the opposite is happening to me. I have been playing a lot and getting considerably better, but the more I learn about the game the less I like it. I simply find myself abusing the game's mechanics which provide little/no counter-play (autos, spartan charge, radar) more and more. These aren't the mechanics of the game I find fun or rewarding. They're shallow and I always feel dirty for using them. The maps leave much to be desired (in regards to design and the ridiculous amount of power weapons on them), and the servers are terrible. Matches that have bad lag in them are becoming more and more frequent and I have a quitter/disconnect in almost 33% of my arena games over the past 2 weeks. 

Also, aside from the servers, I think matchmaking parameters need a big overhaul. I don't think that as an Onyx 1500-1600 player I should be getting matched against plat players or Onyx 1800+ players. I also don't think that when I'm solo queueing I should get matched against parties of three or four. 

I know this has all been said before but damn, I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep grinding this game waiting for it to get better.  

Hit the nail it on the head. 

I need a reason to get back on Halo 5. The replay value is absolutely gone for me.

I tried to leave the game, but unfortunately MCC is a ghost town, and I'm not part of the PC master race. :( I just wish there was a console alternative to Halo. If there was, and it was half decent, I'd switch in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I tried to leave the game, but unfortunately MCC is a ghost town, and I'm not part of the PC master race. :( I just wish there was a console alternative to Halo. If there was, and it was half decent, I'd switch in a heartbeat. 

You can ascend very easily if you really wanted. 

sell xbox and games, acquire csgo and new pc

• Upvote (+1) 1

...get ready for Overwatch, LawBreakers, Unreal Tournament, etc. 

Overwatch is coming for console so eh. UT though, yeah. Actual arena shooters are really differnt from 90% of the Halo games tho

Dunno about lawbreakers

Overwatch is coming for console so eh. UT though, yeah. Actual arena shooters are really differnt from 90% of the Halo games tho

Dunno about lawbreakers

Overwatch on console? Gross.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For all the times the term "Halo clone" was thrown around back in the day, we never got an actual competitor to the series that had the same design goals. Frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overwatch on console? Gross.

Having played it, it will play well on consoles (though I will still master race it of course). Assuming that it has auto aim that is. The client-side hit detection coupled with the hitscan weapons will make console players feel right at home.

Now Lawbreakers on console, that would make me puke.

Intel isn't too bad. You rarely have to go off the beaten path. It's more like 'Oh hey, while you're here, look behind that bush.'

Some of the skulls are just tedious though.

Also, aside from the servers, I think matchmaking parameters need a big overhaul. I don't think that as an Onyx 1500-1600 player I should be getting matched against plat players or Onyx 1800+ players. I also don't think that when I'm solo queueing I should get matched against parties of three or four.

MM would be incredibly slow. There should obviously be party restrictions but if anything, the skill based MM should be looser.

• Upvote (+1) 2

...get ready for Overwatch, LawBreakers, Unreal Tournament, etc. 

I signed up for the Overwatch beta while it was being announced and I still haven't got in. Fuck this earth.

Dunno about lawbreakers

Overwatch on consoles is just a quick cash grab from Blizzard. I really hope people don't bother buying that game on consoles unless they like delayed updates and inevitable missing features that the PC community will demand and won't be possible on consoles. 

And CliffyB said originally that his unannounced game will be a PC exclusive but he hasn't commented on the platform availability of LawBreakers since its announcement, so it looks like he had a change of heart. It's going to go head-to-head with Overwatch and Blizzard's marketing machine is tough to fight. But if LawBreakers remains F2P, the microtransactions are reasonable, and it's open to modded/dedicated servers, it stands a good chance of being a huge success.

sell xbox and games, acquire csgo and new pc

I'm not selling my Xbox One just yet. Going to wait for the Cracdown 3 news, but its literally useless now ever since I got an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas and I've been using that instead for Netflix and whatnot. I've been slowly transitioning to PC gaming ever since MCC's launch. It's so reliving to play on a platform that has all the options you need to play the games you want and not having to rely on a handful of developers to warrant my console purchase.

edit: double post, oh well

I'm not selling my Xbox One just yet. Going to wait for the Cracdown 3 news, but its literally useless now ever since I got an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas and I've been using that instead for Netflix and whatnot. I've been slowly transitioning to PC gaming ever since MCC's launch. It's so reliving to play on a platform that has all the options you need to play the games you want and not having to rely on a handful of developers to warrant my console purchase.

I'm hoping they do to Crackdown what they're doing with Quantum Break. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I signed up for the Overwatch beta while it was being announced and I still haven't got in. Fuck this earth.

Overwatch on consoles is just a quick cash grab from Blizzard. I really hope people don't bother buying that game on consoles unless they like delayed updates and inevitable missing features that the PC community will demand and won't be possible on consoles. 

And CliffyB said originally that his unannounced game will be a PC exclusive but he hasn't commented on the platform availability of LawBreakers since its announcement, so it looks like he had a change of heart. It's going to go head-to-head with Overwatch and Blizzard's marketing machine is tough to fight. But if LawBreakers remains F2P, the microtransactions are reasonable, and it's open to modded/dedicated servers, it stands a good chance of being a huge success.

I mean if the game is $60 it would be reasonable to assume Blizzard would update it regularly, then again Idk anything about Billzard so yea lol. Not buying the game either way anyways as it doesn't interest me a ton 

I only played Crackdown 1 and I found it ok at best, nothing i would spend $60 on

Tbh Xbox one really sucks. Only game I like is Halo 5 and the only exclusive im semi interested in is Gears 4 and Scalebound. KI was a cool game but SFV is out so I don't really care for it anymore. 

So apparently Whiskey squad got what is basically a cease and desist letter about spawn killing from 343. Threatened ban if caught doing it again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1