CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I play the most brain dead halo I have played as soon as someone searches warzone lol. I only go on Warzone when my friends and I just feel like talkin about random stuff though is probably why. Try harding WZ confuses me since the gametype is mad random and all, would rather do BTB

Ughh don't remind me, I was playing Warzone Assault today kind of meticulously and it was more enjoyable. Must of the time I just shoot at shit. I've even stopped using advanced thrusters because it was throwing off my thrust timing and distance in Arena.

Anyone else get kind of tired of full 12 man Warzone lobbies? Going on auto-pilot for so long gets kind of tiring, I can only do it for so long before I feel like running laps in a scout warthog.

I've pretty much taken a break until the next update.

I've pretty much taken a break until the next update.

I actually find arena to work as a buffer when i get sick of warzone. Me and @ had a semi-decent time despite matching full parties

Out of curiousity, has anyone been able to do some successful customs using remade maps in Forge and H5 settings? I'm really curious as to how well it plays. I feel like the H5 maps are way too vertical, cluttered, and blocked off for their own good. I mean, I get that they want to use the abilities to a full extent, but the sightlines just aren't inline with other Halo games. Hopefully that changes with future maps, but Overgrowth and Riptide aren't great starts.... I've heard pretty good things about The Pit remake, but haven't really heard about any other classic maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arena and Warzone do compliment each other pretty well, going back and forth keeps me playing much longer than I would otherwise.

Would love to see them mix up some of the objective locations, Apex 7 feels like it has lots of wasted potential.

Arena and Warzone do compliment each other pretty well, going back and forth keeps me playing much longer than I would otherwise.

Would love to see them mix up some of the objective locations, Apex 7 feels like it has lots of wasted potential.

Maybe I should try warzone.  I have only played a handful of games and just cant seem to convince myself to go back there.

I also sell all my reqs so I don't have any cool shit.

If there were party restrictions I would play arena a lot more. I can't play 4v4 solo like I used to and because of it. and also because of 

1. Overgrowth

2. Riptide

3. Lack of a veto system

If I'm playing arena, then we all suffer not just me.  

I actually find arena to work as a buffer when i get sick of warzone. Me and @ had a semi-decent time despite matching full parties

Ironic that the social aspect of the game is our main experience, while competitive is our buffer zone. Would be reversed for many others. But yeah, can vouch, it's quite fun to play, despite full parties being present.

Ironic that the social aspect of the game is our main experience, while competitive is our buffer zone. Would be reversed for many others. But yeah, can vouch, it's quite fun to play, despite full parties being present.

It would be an even split if the social playlists didn't

A. Have hidden MMR

B. Didn't track my stats

Sucks really, I appreciate the ranking system IMMENSELY but not at the expense of real social playlists where I can play like my games don't matter. Its psychological

And you're still doing the overcomplicating thing :P

So I went into customs and messed around with the strafe settings. All I did was buff the Forward Acceleration and Strafe Acceleration to 130% (the maximum for those settings for whatever reason) while keeping all the actual movement speed settings on default.

And it feels fantastic.

I compiled some Xbox DVR clips of myself moving in circles and back and forth with first the default strafe and then the buffed strafe settings from a third-person perspective using Machinima Mode (I don't trust Theater Mode to accurately represent anything) and then a shorter clip of each afterwards in first-person view. It's harder to tell the difference from the low-quality DVR clips than when you're actually playing, of course, and perhaps I could have done a better job with the clips, but the difference is still there.

If they implemented buffed strafe acceleration alone it would really help naturally combat the magnetism in this game, though it would still need to be lowered, even so. But what I can't stress enough is that the movement feels so much better because of much more responsive it is with max acceleration.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mythik%20Nick/video/14876471

Maybe I should try warzone.  I have only played a handful of games and just cant seem to convince myself to go back there.

It's a mixed bag. I like playing warzone casual because of the objectives and the openness of the maps and it doesn't require as much effort as a ranked game would, but every once and awhile, a match will just turn into a pissing contest of who can spend the most REQ points, and you're stuck playing on a map against 3 scorpions, 5 ghosts, 2 banshees, and a phaeton. It can be intensely frustrating, despite being the games "casual" mode.

It's super boring honestly. Maybe I'm just uber competitive but it's just the most brain dead Halo I have ever played. It's fun when you have a group of friends as you all just mess around but really that's it. Standard Warzone has a lot of dead time like Battlefield or something. Warzone Ass is ok but it's just super brain dead.

If you sell all your reqs its even worse

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's super boring honestly. Maybe I'm just uber competitive but it's just the most brain dead Halo I have ever played. It's fun when you have a group of friends as you all just mess around but really that's it. Standard Warzone has a lot of dead time like Battlefield or something. Warzone Ass is ok but it's just super brain dead.

Normal warzone sucks balls without a team, I lose focus

Warzone assault is alright, mainly grind for REQ points, but I actually sell my REQ weapons and perform alright. Definitely don't need em

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I went into customs and messed around with the strafe settings. All I did was buff the Forward Acceleration and Strafe Acceleration to 130% (the maximum for those settings for whatever reason) while keeping all the actual movement speed settings on default.

And it feels fantastic.

I compiled some Xbox DVR clips of myself moving in circles and back and forth with first the default strafe and then the buffed strafe settings from a third-person perspective using Machinima Mode (I don't trust Theater Mode to accurately represent anything) and then a shorter clip of each afterwards in first-person view. It's harder to tell the difference from the low-quality DVR clips than when you're actually playing, of course, and perhaps I could have done a better job with the clips, but the difference is still there.

If they implemented buffed strafe acceleration alone it would really help naturally combat the magnetism in this game, though it would still need to be lowered, even so. But what I can't stress enough is that the movement feels so much better because of much more responsive it is with max acceleration.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mythik%20Nick/video/14876471

If they fix the aiming I'd love to see this happen, otherwise I'm not so sure. 

@@Frankie @@Sal1ent

Hi, I thought I would put some input on Theater issues in this game and would like to post some additions/fixes to make it more robust for the game. 

As someone who reviews their games it's really hard to use Theater for a part of its purpose (reviewing film).

Some issues I currently have with it

1) Friends cant watch film together. Shouldn't this be possible by now with the netcode and whatnot being pretty solid these days? I'm not very intelligent on this subject but it's a bit silly I was able to do CoD Caster on Black Ops 2. This is problematic when I'm reviewing films with friends as we have to keep giving a timer to eachother when to start playing the video and when we want to show something we have to describe things in the game which could be much easier to show if they're watching the exact same thing as you. 

2) Are shortcuts able to be used in Theater? Idk how to use it but flipping through names is really tedious. Assigning button combos to players would be excellent

3) No rewind button? This makes it so when you catch something you have to go back to the next chapter and it's really tedious to do it

4) Film can never be indefinitely saved. Every film, whether you bookmark it or not has an expiration date

5) Aiming not accurate

6) No file share. I understand xboxclips and everything is a thing now but now there is no way to show a whole game clip unless you have a capture card which not everyone has the money for 

7) Back button doesn't work half the time for me. Maybe its me but not sure

8) Not able to see someone capping Strongholds

Fixes/Additions for Theater

1) Let (preferably) 8 people view a theater film. Therefor whether you are in BTB, 4v4, etc you are good to review film with people. not really sure if there is a comp scene for WZ

2) Shortcuts for players. Let us assign button combinations to view certain players. This makes things much faster and more accessible than having to mash the d-pad to switch to another player

3) Let us save film indefinitely. The annoying part of films having expiration dates is that im forced to watch the film that day or soon otherwise im screwed. One time I was lucky and for about 4 hours was matching notable F/As and competitors and was excited to review the matches the next day only to find 2-3 of them we're saved still even though I bookmarked them all

4) Let us rewind, pretty simple

5) Add File Share for full films

6) This is going to sound crazy but allow us to literally enter the film as a player (Doubt this will be possible). This allows people to. in real time, experiment what LoS, positioning, etc a player could have in a given scenario. If you cant let us enter it while playing, let us enter the film/map with the players paused whenever you paused it. I doubt this could happen but would be a really nice addition to theater

7) Show OS/Camo times as an option

8) If we're able to have lobby theater again, let us have options on what people outside the leader can do. For example, an option so Leader can only move the camera/pause/etc or let everyone able to do what they like so we're only in the same time frame but not on the same camera, etc. 

All I can think of but if there is one thing in this game that's frustrating is using Halo 5s Theater for reviewing matches'

Edit: Im dumb and apparently you can do button combos already. Anyone have an idea how?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just played Riptide for the first time. Eww

Meh, I think the fuel rod and plasma rifle make that map shitty. And why no OS or camo bottom H2 BR? The map just ends up being a camp fest.

Fuel rod is the absolute worst power weapon ever. Inconsistent, tons of amo, spammable. I want it to die.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's the appeal for me, closest thing we have to Social in this game.

That's the appeal for me, closest thing we have to Social in this game.

nothing wrong with that, I just cant have fun with it while im by myself. I'd rather log off if I cant find anyone else to play with in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they fix the aiming I'd love to see this happen, otherwise I'm not so sure. 

You know, I was about to say that buffed strafing would also help naturally combat any sense of comfort you may have found with the aiming, as well.  :kappa:

It's almost like their plan worked. 

I'm more inclined to think they stumbled into it. Killing Arena Social to funnel people into the REQ system is a pretty convoluted way of getting people onboard. The REQ point award distribution does that plenty on its own.

The upside for them just doesn't seem worth the community wide backlash. Who knows though.

Finally completed Legendary solo. Gonna do the collectibles next, which I guess may take even longer considering how many there are.