CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You mean the aiming is off in this game? You don't say!? 

It's the worst aiming system I have ever used on consoles.

It's bad, but Perfect Dark Zero and Far Cry: Instincts would like a word.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically with every new Halo release you can play, "Guess which completely random element they are going to ruin for absolutely no logical reason!"

There's not even a rhyme or reason to it, that's the hilarious thing.

From one Halo game to the next, something that was wrong will be inexplicably fixed, and something that was right will be inexplicably broken - all of this going without any acknowledgement from the dev team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's not even a rhyme or reason to it, that's the hilarious thing.

From one Halo game to the next, something that was wrong will be inexplicably fixed, and something that was right will be inexplicably broken - all of this going without any acknowledgement from the dev team.

And yet they claim the engine is still the same old engine that they are simply tweaking with each new game, so someone is obviously intentionally redesigning these things.

I haven't played any other Halo's since I started playing halo 5, so I really need to play Halo 1-3 back to back with Halo 5 just to compare again. but coming back to halo from other shooters is startling as far as the aiming is concerned.

Coming back from the division beta was the worst/best example of this... the smooth aiming of that game plus 3rd person made me get some angry messages from teammates for the first couple games. I used to flip flop from Halo to Gears of War and back to Halo without any of the same issues.....

This is what primarily keeps me from playing H5. In order to have any chance you essentially have to dedicate yourself to H5 so you can get "comfortable" w aiming. But there isn't enough variety for me to just go H5 (and I have friends that drag me all over the place, Destiny Doubles, H3 MCC, MCC CE - all this stuff is more fun than soloing H5). I can transition between all of these easily, but not H5. I'm like a drunk monkey w a gun when I go back in.

Also, for all of you wondering about connection issues, I got interested in find insole data on actual lag studies - thought this was interesting: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

Halo 5 would be the best Halo since Halo 1 gameplay wise if it was pistols only. Perfecting my pistol shot and learning strafes to counter others has been the most fun I've had in a long time. The pistol is pretty addicting lol. All the other weapons just aren't rewarding and getting killed by them isn't fun. I like weapon variety, but the pistol vs pistol battles are 100x more fun than shooting reskins of other guns that shoot the same bullets at different speeds.

I really like the light rifle design. It has the same kill times unscoped as it does scoped. Fires quick unscoped and slow scoped so it can be a short, mid, and long range weapon. Going forward in Halo, I think the LR design is perfect for a utility weapon. We always want to make the utility weapon harder, but then we end up with a gun like the pistol that struggles at range because its so hard to use. I think the scoped/unscoped slow/fast fire rates that equal the same kill time is the best way to make sure a utility weapon is hard at close range, but not too hard at long range. Really hope 343 keeps up unique changes like this instead of the redundancy we have now.

I like this idea. Would it be possible to get the Pistol to be a 4 shot scoped in and 5 while not. Or 3 shot scoped in and 4 while not. Slowed down ROF like the Light Rifle.

Doubtful for this game because of the drastic change but I think it would be interesting for H6.

Everyone here should get Rocket League

Been playing it for months already, still a scrub in that game. The skill involved at high level is mind boggling. 

Been playing it for months already, still a scrub in that game. The skill involved at high level is mind boggling.

Bought it last night for my PS4. Wasn't really wanting to spend the $20 on it but it is a ton of fun and has a decent amount of customizable options. It's fun to just relax in and mess around. Highly reccomend if you have someone to play with. Not sure how fun it would be playing solo.

Not sure how fun it would be playing solo.

This is why I haven't gotten it yet. Until my friends are down to buy it, I don't see a point in owning it. It looks like the same thing with L4D, it's only fun with friends and boring alone.

This is why I haven't gotten it yet. Until my friends are down to buy it, I don't see a point in owning it. It looks like the same thing with L4D, it's only fun with friends and boring alone.

It's definitely not boring solo. It's better with friends but what game isn't? 

Basically with every new Halo release you can play, "Guess which completely random element they are going to ruin for absolutely no logical reason!"

dear god if this was a drinking game...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If the livestream for the update is on 2.26, and February is 29 days long. The update likely will not releae until 2.29, by then it would be the 1st of March in Aus/NZ.

So there possible will not be a Feb update for Oceania, but instead we will get 2 updates next month.

dear god if this was a drinking game...

Well I usually get so disappointed with each new Halo game that it turns into a drinking game for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's definitely not boring solo. It's better with friends but what game isn't?

Best part is there's still a lot for the solo player. 1v1 playlists, bot matches with a season mode, and some good training stuff to get you familiar with the game

Best part is there's still a lot for the solo player. 1v1 playlists, bot matches with a season mode, and some good training stuff to get you familiar with the game

A 1v1 playlist!? I might pick it up now.

Hey, 343 enough with the req packs, I would seriously pay 10 dollars straight up, for a 4 shot pistol/ nerf autos playlist. Seriously it's gotten to that point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, last night I got the Nornfang and the Prophet's Bane certs. :flames: :flames: 

I guess that makes up for the earlier crappy JIP game where right as I joined the enemy team grabbed the flag and they already had 2 flag caps. The game was over a minute later.

Anybody wanna set up a big warzone/BtB group later on? Trying to farm reqs to make the best of these Arena premium packs.

@@RyanW @@heytred @ @@Moa @@Sorbin @etc

Don't know why we haven't played together yet but shoot me an invite whenever, I'm down for anything. B)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else get kind of tired of full 12 man Warzone lobbies? Going on auto-pilot for so long gets kind of tiring, I can only do it for so long before I feel like running laps in a scout warthog.

Don't know why we haven't played together yet but shoot me an invite whenever, I'm down for anything. B)

Do I have you added? 

If not, add me: Vin FTW

Anyone else get kind of tired of full 12 man Warzone lobbies? Going on auto-pilot for so long gets kind of tiring, I can only do it for so long before I feel like running laps in a scout warthog.

I play the most brain dead halo I have played as soon as someone searches warzone lol. I only go on Warzone when my friends and I just feel like talkin about random stuff though is probably why. Try harding WZ confuses me since the gametype is mad random and all, would rather do BTB