CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo 5 would be the best Halo since Halo 1 gameplay wise if it was pistols only. Perfecting my pistol shot and learning strafes to counter others has been the most fun I've had in a long time. The pistol is pretty addicting lol. All the other weapons just aren't rewarding and getting killed by them isn't fun. I like weapon variety, but the pistol vs pistol battles are 100x more fun than shooting reskins of other guns that shoot the same bullets at different speeds.

I really like the light rifle design. It has the same kill times unscoped as it does scoped. Fires quick unscoped and slow scoped so it can be a short, mid, and long range weapon. Going forward in Halo, I think the LR design is perfect for a utility weapon. We always want to make the utility weapon harder, but then we end up with a gun like the pistol that struggles at range because its so hard to use. I think the scoped/unscoped slow/fast fire rates that equal the same kill time is the best way to make sure a utility weapon is hard at close range, but not too hard at long range. Really hope 343 keeps up unique changes like this instead of the redundancy we have now.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Clutter is the name of the game when it comes to current fps map design.

TFW you try to bank a grenade off of a wall and comes right back at you, that vine needed collision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 months ago... Still waiting...

46790_5df6cf646e80d8181428b66b9a0af97b.g

I mean they are adding a permanent rotating social playlist. Starting with Social CTF this week (I think). 

If you're looking for something with less strict MMR then by all means, carry on.

I mean they are adding a permanent rotating social playlist. Starting with Social CTF this week (I think).

If you're looking for something with less strict MMR then by all means, carry on.

That will have skill based matchmaking in the background though won't it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone else experience windmill aiming in this game. I'll turn to move my reticle on someone and all of a sudden I'm doing circles way faster than my sensitivity is.

would buying a scuf help with the aiming thing ? its like i have to change it every new game i play maybe its in my head but it feels really weird

would buying a scuf help with the aiming thing ? its like i have to change it every new game i play maybe its in my head but it feels really weird

No. Don't spend hundreds of dollars for a controller in the hopes of making your aim better with H5's aiming.

Those damn ankle high curbs around the lift platform or whatever it's called to jump to top mid on Riptide... Fucking WHY?!

Because why not hahaha.

I have an Elite and it doesn't seem to help.  Sure I can fine tune things a bit more, but it still feels 'off.'

Has anyone else experience windmill aiming in this game. I'll turn to move my reticle on someone and all of a sudden I'm doing circles way faster than my sensitivity is.

You mean the aiming is off in this game? You don't say!? 

It's the worst aiming system I have ever used on consoles.

Sonic 06 takes that cake

Lol you mean other than everyone?  Changing your acceleration can help but there is still a weird curve to the acceleration/sensitivity that just doesn't make sense.

That's not aiming.

That's existential flailing.

Considering I windmill like a motherfucker in Halo 5 I'd say you can say the same for this one

Considering I windmill like a motherfucker in Halo 5 I'd say you can say the same for this one

I haven't played any other Halo's since I started playing halo 5, so I really need to play Halo 1-3 back to back with Halo 5 just to compare again.  but coming back to halo from other shooters is startling as far as the aiming is concerned.

Coming back from the division beta was the worst/best example of this... the smooth aiming of that game plus 3rd person made me get some angry messages from teammates for the first couple games.  I used to flip flop from Halo to Gears of War and back to Halo without any of the same issues.....

You obviously haven't played Splatoon.