CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

1. Doubles is awesome to come back, hopefully it has no radar.
  2. I know its a weekend playlist, but it should be Ranked
  3. Beyond on the Message of the Day  :simms:

Fuck no. Said this on Discord and I'll say it again; no BR starting playlist in this game should be ranked. NONE. Nor should the playlist be ranked, solely because it's a weekend thing, meant for a lovey holiday. WHY make it sweaty? Seriously. No radar I can get behind, but for the love of god, just keep it as a social thing for now. 

Technically will be ranked anyway because of background MMR. I'm just glad doubles is returning.. even if it's only for the weekend.

Fuck no. Said this on Discord and I'll say it again; no BR starting playlist in this game should be ranked. NONE. Nor should the playlist be ranked, solely because it's a weekend thing, meant for a lovey holiday. WHY make it sweaty? Seriously. No radar I can get behind, but for the love of god, just keep it as a social thing for now. 

Oh I agree, in fact I'll support this argument actually because the 'experience' won't line up with other ranked playlists. If it was just standard Doubles I would argue for ranks. 

H2 BR Starts will lower the skill gap so I'll definitely accept it being Social. Doubles is competitive at its core though so it will be a bit messy :/

Oh I agree, in fact I'll support this argument actually because the 'experience' won't line up with other ranked playlists. If it was just standard Doubles I would argue for ranks. 

H2 BR Starts will lower the skill gap so I'll definitely accept it being Social. Doubles is competitive at its core though so it will be a bit messy :/

Are we sure it's doubles and not 4v4? "Double date" could refer to two couples on the same team...

Oh, if it was standard Doubs, I'd be all up for ranks, but this is perfect just for socialness. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't matter.

Same MMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, if it was standard Doubs, I'd be all up for ranks, but this is perfect just for socialness. 

Was this your formal way of asking me to play Valentines doubles?

Social s q u a d?

Doesn't matter.

Same MMR.

Does matter. A lack of a visible rank will stop people from going uber tryhard. MMR may match you with similar skilled people, but at least people aren't constantly sweating.

Does matter. A lack of a visible rank will stop people from going uber tryhard. MMR may match you with similar skilled people, but at least people aren't constantly sweating.

Hahaha

Ok. In your dreams maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hahaha

Ok. In your dreams maybe.

Hey, BTB is the least sweaty of the playlists. I'll encounter the occasional solo tryhard, yeah, but I rarely encounter full teams who tryhard their asses off or people who try in general. The lack of a rank does help, even if MMR is still there.

Hey, BTB is the least sweaty of the playlists. I'll encounter the occasional solo tryhard, yeah, but I rarely encounter full teams who tryhard their asses off or people who try in general. The lack of a rank does help, even if MMR is still there.

It was the least sweaty when it had visual ranks too. That's because the rank distribution sticks almost everyone in gold/Plat. Meaning there can be a wide range in skill in each game.

Pretty much everyone above Plat in BTB can't find a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

(Tuesday)10pm ET: Halo 5 sits 4 spots behind Battlefront, which has a whopping 27,538 people online...  This game is going to give Halo 4 a run for its money.

(Wednesday) 10pm ET: Halo 5 sits 1 spot behind Battlefront, which has a whopping 27,401 people online...

11pm ET: H5 is one spot behind Battlefront, which has 16,747 players online....................

10pm ET: H5 sits one spot behind Battlefront, which has 28,669 people online

Halo has not jumped Battlefront in three days, and Battlefront's daily peak population over the past three days has not broken 35k...past two days have both been under 33k.

Halo has not jumped Battlefront in three days, and Battlefront's daily peak population over the past three days has not broken 35k...past two days have both been under 33k.

We get it. Halo 5 isn't doing amazingly well population wise. Now I'm gonna go not care while I play Halo 5.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Uhhhhh, dunno what you're looking at, but Halo 5's above Battlefront right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, I've been playing through Halo 5's campaign solo on legendary to get the achievements, as well as the various collectibles. Earlier today, I got to Mission 10: Enemy Lines, and I discovered that 343 didn't put a lot of time in making sure every part of the map had collision detected. The tenth intel file is in a terminal that can be found to the side of the Kraken fight, but if you step off the fancy Forerunner balcony, you will simply fall through the cliff side, and end up stuck in the lower end of the balcony. And the game could not have chosen a more perfect time to give me a checkpoint.

Armed with only a half-charged plasma pistol and the determination to not play through the level again, I will attempt to EMP a nearby Banshee, and hi-jack it as it bounces off the balcony's wonky geometry. I managed to do it once before after about an hour of trying over and over, but, in true Legendary fashion: I got torn to shreds the moment I set foot on the Kraken, and was sent back to square one. I'm going to be streaming my attempts, if anyone wants to see this odd oversight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We get it. Halo 5 isn't doing amazingly well population wise. Now I'm gonna go not care while I play Halo 5.

While you play Halo 5? Not for long at these rates.

Don't be too quick to forget ranked FFA Rockets  :lxthul: 

But for once I agree with Infinity. First off...if it uses old MMR/CSR from previous doubles playlists it might as well be ranked. Secondly I feel like doubles is a competitive playlist that deserves a rank unlike 5v5 slayer/Rocket Party. 

It's going to be sweaty regardless...it just depends on how good you are or how much you win. They have a hidden rank anyway so might as well just make it fucking ranked imo. 

H2 BR starts obviously lessen the skill gap compared to pistols, but it might negate autos to an extent, We'll see. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone having trouble with reqs? I can't select any boosts or get any reqs during a warzone game. Stats don't show up either.

Anyone having trouble with reqs? I can't select any boosts or get any reqs during a warzone game. Stats don't show up either.

Happens to me constantly (multiple times a day) because I have bad internet, resetting the build seems to fix it 90% of the time though.

• Upvote (+1) 1