CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It is better than Reach and 4. You will understand when you play it.

Well to be fair, that's the requirements for me to even consider purchasing it. I miss the days when I thought h3 was about as bad as halo would ever get.

@overuled: I think the idea certainly has potential, though I have one major issue with it: What kind of CoD fans would tune in to that? Those that care more about the players/teams than the game itself. I don't think many of them would return to h5 when their favorite teams/pros would go back to CoD.

Neogaf seems to really like the game.... that's a good sign

How is this a good sign? Not trying to be snarky or anything I am genuinely curious. The majority of people at Gaf are just fans of shooters in general, I would expect them to like it. The problem is that the majority of people who have a vested interest in Halo dont like it. People at Gaf dont really care what happens to this game like people on this forum would care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How fast are you all finding games with a party? 

Me, Mace, PBS and Infinity were finding games quick yesterday

Me, Mace, PBS and Infinity were finding games quick yesterday

How fast? 30 seconds, minute, 5 minutes?

How fast? 30 seconds, minute, 5 minutes? 

Would say a Minute to 3 Minutes. We would sometimes get stuck in the pregame after a match has finished though.

it's better than reach/h4....no question about it....and it's better by a good amount an these are out the box default settings. One of the best things 343 could have done is pai the AR/Pistol together again. It would have been absolutely terrible just spawning with an AR...pressing Y off every spawn feels oh so CE lol..

edit:

the new CSR is such a grind and I love it and hate it. I love it because it's a grind filling that bar up to get the next rank ala halo 2 but I hate it because I am stuck with these teammates. I am raping and just watching kids go 0-15.......in silver....c'mon man

@overuled: I think the idea certainly has potential, though I have one major issue with it: What kind of CoD fans would tune in to that? Those that care more about the players/teams than the game itself. I don't think many of them would return to h5 when their favorite teams/pros would go back to CoD.

Well we know what kind of pull teams like Optic have (IG hit it's biggest numbers when Optic was on stream). My main goal would be to try and convince players (more so pro players first) to make the conversion from COD to Halo. It's not easy and I think the possibility is very low but if the support for the game was there and prizes were larger than we see in COD I don't think it's impossible.

I know the idea of larger prizes in Halo than COD seems highly unlikely, but if there was a company who could pull that off it would most certainly be Microsoft.

Would say a Minute to 3 Minutes. We would sometimes get stuck in the pregame after a match has finished though.

Lame, I constantly find like 7/8 people and it never finds an 8th.

it's better than reach/h4....no question about it....and it's better by a good amount an these are out the box default settings. One of the best things 343 could have done is pai the AR/Pistol together again. It would have been absolutely terrible just spawning with an AR...pressing Y off every spawn feels oh so CE lol..

edit:

the new CSR is such a grind and I love it and hate it. I love it because it's a grind filling that bar up to get the next rank ala halo 2 but I hate it because I am stuck with these teammates. I am raping and just watching kids go 0-15.......in silver....c'mon man

Be happy you are in a lower division. I am Semi Pro and got matched agains Ghost and the 343 pro team. We got destroyed. I have never been manhandled like that in my whole Halo career. 

I meant that Sprint feels a bit tacked on. The way it affects shields is a big nerf and often it results in putting yourself into a bad situation. Base movement feeling a bit slow is the only reason to even use sprint in the first place, so if it was boosted a bit I think Sprint would end up feeling like Ground Pound in that it would very rarely be a useful choice.

That's kind of a good thing though. Shouldn't really have to rely on it to move around. I'd rather it be an option than play a big role in game play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but by far the biggest problem in this game is that the automatic weapons, especially the AR with the new zoom, are way out of whack.

I'm not even sure there is a kill time difference anymore. I think the AR kills about as fast as the BR/DMR even out to mid range. It's... so broken.

I have no problem with most of the things people hate about Halo 5, but they got this balancing WRONG. End of story.

Sounds like the "Elohell" in League of Legends. The system is based on this like also other games, so yeah. If u good enough u carry ur mates. But good that it is like that and only win/lose counts and not the K/D. Menke did his job

Sounds like MCC matchmaking.

Well we know what kind of pull teams like Optic have (IG hit it's biggest numbers when Optic was on stream). My main goal would be to try and convince players (more so pro players first) to make the conversion from COD to Halo. It's not easy and I think the possibility is very low but if the support for the game was there and prizes were larger than we see in COD I don't think it's impossible.

I know the idea of larger prizes in Halo than COD seems highly unlikely, but if there was a company who could pull that off it would most certainly be Microsoft.

I was about to write something similar to that in my responds. Both LoL and CoD have shown that if you throw enough money at a game you can make it huge as an eSport, though given IG's viewership numbers I'm not sure whether MS would be willing to invest so much. Especially given that even though h4's population disappeared really fast, the game still sold well. If we are to use CoD players to push Halo, I agree that convincing them to switch would be the way to go. I honestly think though, that without MS pumping a shit tone of money into tournaments, we can only really hope for one thing: People finally start to get sick of CoD and playerbase + viewership decline. H5 is actually a really good game and a shit ton of people love playing it, which would lead to an increase in halo viewership. In that scenario, I could see many CoD pros switching to Halo.

Sounds like the "Elohell" in League of Legends. The system is based on this, so yeah. If u good enough u carry ur mates. But good that it is like that and only win/lose counts and not the K/D. Menke did his job

If anything, it's based on SC2. Don't insult Menke and Halo by comparing it to LoL. Even h4 has a bigger skill gap than lol.

No one mention it, but can somebody explain me why friendly fire is off?

I mean thats also core or not?

You should get punished if u threw grenades on teammates.

It was off in almost all H4 gamtypes as well.

Sounds like the "Elohell" in League of Legends. The system is based on this, so yeah. If u good enough u carry ur mates. But good that it is like that and only win/lose counts and not the K/D. Menke did his job

yea he def did....the system is great. I've had to cary a few times and I got decent teammates a few times....but the majority of the time these kids seem thumbless (which is expected in the low ranks). I'm about to reach Gold after my next game so i'm looking forward to that bringing in better players on both sides..

Anyone here streaming though?

me (twitch link under my username)

but i'm gonna take a break to get some food

yes he did...the system is great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was off in almost all H4 gamtypes as well.

I thought it was just for the Infinity gametypes in Halo 4?

Be happy you are in a lower division. I am Semi Pro and got matched agains Ghost and the 343 pro team. We got destroyed. I have never been manhandled like that in my whole Halo career. 

Those are the ppl I want to play. 

Goddamn man, this is why you should be able to SHOOT while Thrustering not just for a split second while you are in the air. That clip reminded of a mini dodge-jump like move you can perform in Utk4. Offensive thruster skill-gap>Defensive thruster skill-gap. Fuck sprint(buff base movement speed), buff thruster, get rid of sights and you have a true Arena-style game.

@@Deez @@Sal1ent

Today before work I had time for one game and it kept doing the same thing to me.

The game would fill up with 6-7 players and then the screen would start flashing like it was trying to give me a seizure. After like 20 seconds of that, it would kick me back to the main menu with some error message. I had to restart the build twice before it finally found me a game correctly. It was just like playing the MCC!

I'm a bit worried. Is the Magnum actually a 5 shot kill? In the Greenskull footage, it seemed like it would take five to the head for a kill.

Alright so I might as well add to the feedback.

SPRINT: This is the only "ability" that feels forced and unecessary. Every other ability feels like it belongs in some way, but sprint feels awkward. I truly believe if you increase the base movement speed and remove sprint this game will work 1000x better than with sprint.

THRUSTER: I really like this ability. I think it adds a skill gap unseen in Halo previously. I think the consensus is however that the distance you can thruster needs to be toned down, and you should be able to shoot during the ability.

Will add more later....

• Upvote (+1) 5