CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What I don't get is: why did they shrink the little side flashlights (external speaker?), but then make the section between the rebreathers and the side modules protrude past the visor, when before, it has always been concave?

Because maintaining Halo's art style is low on 343's priority list.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It's interesting listening to how warzone clans talk about how they play halo 5 and grind warzone. It doesn't sound fun, it's like it's a job for all of them.

And I've seen this Halo 5 came out. How many people wouldn't even be playing still if there wasn't a random req system in this game to unlock everything? How many times have you heard someone say "im just gonna play two more games to get another silver pack and then get off". All the time lol.

People play this game for completion, not because they're having fun doing it. I feel like I'm grinding Destiny all over again. Halo always had a pure formula that was so much fun to play. Even after I was a 50 in H3 and had all the exp I'd ever need, I would STILL just think about rushing home from school to play a few big team games to hog around, or some social slayer on last resort. I don't think anything like this is true for Halo 5.

What I don't understand is why do people want to unlock things in a game that is neither good or fun? Why endure hours upon hours of pure boredom  just to unlock some bullshit in a game you don't enjoy? I used to be a Halo completionist, back when the game was actually fun to play as I have all achievements unlocked for H3, ODST, and Reach(tons of commendations maxed as well). H4 and H5, I'm not even close and couldn't give a fuck as these games aren't anywhere close to real Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What I don't understand is why do people want to unlock things in a game that is neither good or fun? Why endure hours upon hours of pure boredom  just to unlock some bullshit in a game you don't enjoy? I used to be a Halo completionist, back when the game was actually fun to play as I have all achievements unlocked for H3, ODST, and Reach(tons of commendations maxed as well). H4 and H5, I'm not even close and couldn't give a fuck as these games aren't anywhere close to real Halo games.

Did you play Destiny on release?

I think most of us can agree it was awful. But it's still massively popular over a year after release. At some point, these companies realized there's a combination of xp/weapon/armor rewards that can be grinded out to get a certain group of people "addicted" to the game in some sense. "Addiction" might be a strong word, but it is well known that developers these days employ this strategy to hook people and keep them playing, rather than actually focusing on solid gameplay.

At some point, the game devolves into more "work" for some, and the objective becomes grinding out achievements/xp/weapons/armor etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People play this game for completion, not because they're having fun doing it

This is an absurd thought IMO. You can have gripes with the REQ system and sure some people might make that a goal to get 100% completion, but I play the game purely out of enjoyment, and I know a lot of others do as well.

I've clocked in nearly 1,000 games of Arena and over a week of cumulative playtime and REQs are hardly something that are lingering in the back of my head.

-

This probably isn't a good time to mention that I've spent over $150 on REQs is it  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is an absurd thought IMO. You can have gripes with the REQ system and sure some people might make that a goal to get 100% completion, but I play the game purely out of enjoyment, and I know a lot of others do as well.

I've clocked in nearly 1,000 games of Arena and over a week of cumulative playtime and REQs are hardly something that are lingering in the back of my head.

-

This probably isn't a good time to mention that I've spent over $150 on REQs is it  :intensifies:

I've taken enough university psych courses to know much better than yourself that you've fell for 343's elaborate and carefully psychologically engineered REQ system to become addicted to your shiny barbie armors and colorful face-glass.

sheeple such as yourself are the reason gaming these days is in the dumps

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I've taken enough university psych courses to know much better than yourself that you've fell for 343's elaborate and carefully psychologically engineered REQ system to become addicted to your shiny barbie armors and colorful face-glass.

Not sure if serious

BhcSuWO.gif

I seriously hate the sandbox people at 343. That completely ruins the weapon for me. Now every time I pick it up I'm going to feel guilty. So annoying. Give us a fucking break on the magnetism. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I seriously hate the sandbox people at 343. That completely ruins the weapon for me. Now every time I pick it up I'm going to feel guilty. So annoying. Give us a fucking break on the magnetism.

"but I love Halo 2's BR because it had less magnetism"

I can't be the only one to think it's embarrassing that the main point of differentiation between some weapons is bullet magnetism.

"Varied sandbox"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't be the only one to think it's embarrassing that the main point of differentiation between some weapons is bullet magnetism.

"Varied sandbox"

Or in this case, draw time, zoom visuals, burst properties, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you play Destiny on release?

I think most of us can agree it was awful. But it's still massively popular over a year after release. At some point, these companies realized there's a combination of xp/weapon/armor rewards that can be grinded out to get a certain group of people "addicted" to the game in some sense. "Addiction" might be a strong word, but it is well known that developers these days employ this strategy to hook people and keep them playing, rather than actually focusing on solid gameplay.

At some point, the game devolves into more "work" for some, and the objective becomes grinding out achievements/xp/weapons/armor etc.

Destiny for me is just as boring as Halo 5. Multiplayer ruined by gimmicks and OP/easy weapons, just like H5. I have no problem with grinding games, as long as the game is actually fun to play. There is a lot of cool things that can be unlocked in Destiny. It's just too bad the game itself is terrible and boring. The only way I would ever grind Destiny or H5 is if somebody paid me to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if sarcasm because I literally wear the same Armor I've been wearing since Week 1.

I've taken enough university psych courses

Whenever someone starts a conversation with this sentence on the internet, it doesn't end well. 

Or in this case, draw time, zoom visuals, burst properties, etc.

the DMR is a pistol that's easier to use with slightly more damage

• Upvote (+1) 1

the DMR is a pistol that's easier to use with slightly more damage

With a 3x zoom instead of 2x, and a slower reload and draw time on top of an increased magazine capacity. And increased damage? Nope. Both are 5 shot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With a 3x zoom instead of 2x, and a slower reload and draw time on top of an increased magazine capacity. And increased damage? Nope. Both are 5 shot.

Literally the only reason to ever pick up a DMR is because it's easier to aim, and has more RRR.

CoD has weapons that are more differentiated than this.

I just think it's sad that people think they're using a varied sandbox when in reality almost any weapon fills a role which can be totally fulfilled with another weapon.

Literally the only reason to ever pick up a DMR is because it's easier to aim, and has more RRR.

CoD has weapons that are more differentiated than this.

Your argument was on the below:

I stated the differences, and you go on to speak about the only reason you'd pick it up, without confronting what I said or offering a valid point against it past some offhand comment on CoD, a completely different franchise. Your leg to stand on is about as broken as Halo 5's automatic balance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And increased damage?

Actually, yes. The gun is still 5 shot, but each bullet does 30% shield damage instead of 25%. You can also do a 2-shot beatdown with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, yes. The gun is still 5 shot, but each bullet does 30% shield damage instead of 25%. You can also do a 2-shot beatdown with it.

Can you? I've only been able to do a beatdown after seemingly three shots. Huh.

Guys I've taken programming classes in VB and Java so far so I know it's not that difficult for 343 to make stuff

/s

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys I've taken programming classes in VB and Java so far so I know it's not that difficult for 343 to make stuff

/s

was it college level though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your argument was on the below:

I stated the differences, and you go on to speak about the only reason you'd pick it up, without confronting what I said or offering a valid point against it past some offhand comment on CoD, a completely different franchise. Your leg to stand on is about as broken as Halo 5's automatic balance.

I do not pick up a DMR because of its reload time, its draw speed, zoom distance, etc.

I pick it up because it is easier to use, and has more RRR.

Therefore, its ease is much more of a factor in its differentiation from the pistol than anything else. Frankly, the idea that anyone would use draw speed and reload time to argue meaningful differentiation between two guns which fulfill the same role in Halo is funny.

• Upvote (+1) 6