CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone up for getting a Warzone party together?

'ill be on in 10

I assume it's going to be a more faithful recreation of Reach's armor? While the Noble body did have some similarities to Reach's armor, you can sorta tell that it also followed the design motif that we've seen with the armor of Blue Team. Or perhaps it'll just be a helmet. Or hell, just a skin for the existing Mark V.

Also, calling the CE armor "Mark V Alpha" and the Reach armor "Beta" is a bit misleading. Canonically, the "Beta" suit was issued almost a full year before Chief and the surviving IIs received the "Alpha" variant. That's why Noble Six couldn't just plug the Cortana chip into his/her armor, like Chief could. The ability to house a Smart AI was a feature first introduced in the Mark V variant that Chief was given in Fall of Reach.

That, and it's worth mentioning that "Mark V " was ONLY ever associated with the helmet, not the armor as a whole. Hell, you look at the description for the base Mark V helmet in Reach:

Issued in November 2551, this helmet is fully compatible with all armor systems.

Clearly showing that the "default" armor in Reach is probably more reflective of Noble Six's canon armor, and less of the canon "baseline" variant of the armor.

I assume it's going to be a more faithful recreation of Reach's armor? While the Noble body did have some similarities to Reach's armor, you can sorta tell that it also followed the design motif that we've seen with the armor of Blue Team. Or perhaps it'll just be a helmet. Or hell, just a skin for the existing Mark V.

Also, calling the CE armor "Mark V Alpha" and the Reach armor "Beta" is a bit misleading. Canonically, the "Beta" suit was issued almost a full year before Chief and the surviving IIs received the "Alpha" variant. That's why Noble Six couldn't just plug the Cortana chip into his/her armor, like Chief could. The ability to house a Smart AI was a feature first introduced in the Mark V variant that Chief was given in Fall of Reach.

That, and it's worth mentioninga that "Mark V " was ONLY ever associated with the helmet, not the armor as a whole.

But Alpha wasn't the CE armor. It was more in tune with the Halo Wars one (at least what I took from it)

Before this goes any further...

This is a fake. I made this. 

I wanted to see if I could create a believable forgery (no pun intended) of the menu using both font (which is free online) and compositing techniques. The "shitty potato phone quality" was just icing on the cake. 

bKaIVDS.jpg

This image is of my Nuke Script. Really simple. Basically just a few blurs, chromatic abberation gizmo I created at the bottom and some glows. 

XghloO2.jpg

Second pic is just my photoshop document. Nuke is straight ass with text and isn't supposed to be used in that way. So I used Photoshop to export PNGs and composite it externally. 

I didn't realize how many people would comment so quickly and I really only did it for laughs. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

But Alpha wasn't the CE armor. It was more in tune with the Halo Wars one (at least what I took from it)

The Halo Wars armor is basically a bulky version of Mark VI, with the Mark V helmet on top, in terms of design.

And this is the description of the Mark V Alpha armor:

The Mark V Alpha is a highly configurable version of the original Mark V armor.

Since Alpha resembles the CE armor, it's implied that the CE armor was the "original" Mark V, even though clearly, an armor design bearing that moniker had already been around for a year before the events of CE.

Before this goes any further...

This is a fake. I made this. 

I wanted to see if I could create a believable forgery (no pun intended) of the menu using both font (which is free online) and compositing techniques. The "shitty potato phone quality" was just icing on the cake. 

bKaIVDS.jpg

This image is of my Nuke Script. Really simple. Basically just a few blurs, chromatic abberation gizmo I created at the bottom and some glows. 

XghloO2.jpg

Second pic is just my photoshop document. Nuke is straight ass with text and isn't supposed to be used in that way. So I used Photoshop to export PNGs and composite it externally. 

I didn't realize how many people would comment so quickly and I really only did it for laughs. 

Fake fake.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I hope Mark V Alpha is just an early version and they'll release a true Mark V. The visor being so squared off on the sides looks dumb to me. Also, this

bokCB0K.jpg?1

looks way too similar to this

D2GaOeB.jpg

Notice how the chin is squared off at the front compared to the original

Mark_V.jpg

I hope Mark V Alpha is just an early version and they'll release a true Mark V. The visor being squared off on the sides. Also, this

bokCB0K.jpg?1

Mark_V.jpg

The chin looks fine. It's the visor shape and the height of the helmet that possess the design's primary issues.

The chin looks fine. It's the visor shape and the height of the helmet that possess the design's primary issues.

What I don't get is: why did they shrink the little side flashlights (external speaker?), but then make the section between the rebreathers and the side modules protrude past the visor, when before, it has always been concave?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also the thickness of the block on the forehead. It's supposed to be thinner and look more like a bill of a baseball cap (not exactly, but you get the point). This just looks like someone slapped a huge curved triangular prism onto it.

What I don't get is: why did they shrink the little side flashlights (external speaker?), but then make the section between the rebreathers and the side modules protrude past the visor, when before, it has always been concave?

That's what I was trying to say when I was talking about the Crimson Chin.