CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Exactly so why are you guys in full sweat mode trying to drag the game out

I cant speak for them but when I would do it we were definitely not in "sweat mode". It was chill out time. Hardly a word was spoken about the game.

Getting all Onyx's in a social playlist

I cant even play a social playlist by myself

@@Sal1ent stop ignoring this glaring issue

Remove MMR from social

• Upvote (+1) 8

First of all it takes forever to end, they never even go for the bosses. Second of all I've never been stomped in action sack and never will. It's cheap as fuck and I guarantee you it's made some kids stop playing Halo all together.

People should be rewarded with winning quicker, not dragging it out and spawn killing. Which they were, multiple tanks on both sides of the core with direct lines of sight with spawn points and multiple Gauss Warthogs with OS gunners literally behind the spawn in that circle room. These kids must be bullied at school or something.

Agreed. Really sucks when your matched up against a team doing this in warzone.

It just becomes getting spawn killed over and over. And if you manage to break out of it, your just going to get killed by a tank.

And then if you quit out of it, because who wouldn't honestly, it's not fun. You run the risk of getting banned.

343 should implement some mercy rule or something so this crap doesn't happen.

im done if it's h2 BR lol

I am surprised. Halo 5 needs some variety in its playlists. And we all know AR/pistol FFA is terrible in Halo 5. Definitely BR starts could be better.

And dispite more bullet magnetism, the H2 BR feels really good and is fun to use. Much cleaner zoom then the H5 BR without the ADS.

Halo 5 needs a fun, quick, jump in and out playlist. Where you can jump in for 10-15 minutes and kill some dudes. Or grind all night if you want. A Tour de Walsh playlist has the potential to fix the issues of the current FFA in Halo 5.

Because it's ridiculously easy. For all the complaints I hear about bullet mag I'm impressed people still want h2 BR

Its almost like the whole point of the weekend playlist is to be like H2.....

Not everything has to be competitive -_-

Halo 2 BR is amazing because of the look, sound, and reticle, but most of all the zoom and lack of recoil that was added into Halo for no reason whatsoever. 

The current pistol would be amazing if it had that zoom, reticle, 4sk, and less bullet mag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

*teammate opens a beer as we load up Eden Social Slayer*

*I start the game 0-5, team is down 4-11*

*see @ on other team*

"OH SHIT FORUM KIDS ACTIVATE SWEAT MODE"

50-45 Kreygasm

I went solo all night last night.  Had some pretty rough games.  That was one of them.   I didn't play my best that particular game either. 

@@Infinity -3.0 K/D > -3.3 K/D ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the pistol's reticle (never really liked the original BR reticle, but I did think the H2A version was good) but I can absolutely agree that having a classic scope on it would be amazing.

Getting all Onyx's in a social playlist

I cant even play a social playlist by myself

@@Sal1ent stop ignoring this glaring issue

Remove MMR from social

First game for me was social, next few game just basically becomes a 5 player slayer playlist

...we need a legit social playlist =='

First of all it takes forever to end, they never even go for the bosses. Second of all I've never been stomped in action sack and never will. It's cheap as fuck and I guarantee you it's made some kids stop playing Halo all together. 

People should be rewarded with winning quicker, not dragging it out and spawn killing. Which they were, multiple tanks on both sides of the core with direct lines of sight with spawn points and multiple Gauss Warthogs with OS gunners literally behind the spawn in that circle room. These kids must be bullied at school or something. 

Well to address your last 4-5 posts about Wasp and Whiskey I would first have to say I completely understand it. I am in "The Sauna" which is a top 2-3 spartan company for getting the achilles and "being good" at warzone. 

Let me preface what I am about to say with: I have around 2k arena games played at high onyx and champ level, onyx or higher in every playlist released, I do have a lot of warzone but only like 890-900 games total, I also dislike Wasp. 

First off, as I said, I don't like Wasp. He quits out of games that he is going to lose, rarely but still, to maintain his win % and record and MANY "warzone kids" quit out because it negates the loss and it's embarrassing. Not sure why 343 makes quitting out not count as a loss in any game mode, but it still obviously lowers CSR in arena. 

Secondly, I've matched Wasp in slayer and team arena 3 times over the within the last few days and he gets absolutely duffle-bagged, pushed and then lifted in a wheel-chair type of carried. He ran with PreSchool and B11 and some Sauna member xScripted I've never heard of, and the other time with someone on an alt that was good and Number Zero another Sauna member, oddly. Idk it's just weird seeing him go 3-7 with a stacked carry-crew on rig against my team of 3, barely win because my random pushes yellow corner when we have bunker setup, and he's a champ 80 in slayer. Ok. 

Regarding the Stat-ing. I don't quit out of Warzone games and it used to/ 90% of the time pisses me off when people "stat" on Assault and even regular Warzone, but it makes sense. If they are doing it in Tanks and Gauss hogs like you said then that's just fucking embarrassing for them, but if they are going for personal/company commendations by spawning camo and going for assassinations, or going for kills from the grave it makes total sense.

You have to look at it this way, for me personally I am a level 144 SR and I have every single thing unlocked, 350k+ Req points saved despite buying about 10 gold packs a day (costs me 4k a pack or less when I sell stuff), I also have 80+ % of the commendations done including every weapon commendation, every enemy besides Warden, and just about every vehicle that isn't Mantis/Mongoose destroyer stuff etc. My point is Warzone gets very boring for me/teams like Whiskey, Sauna, Partyup Gaming...any good team of 9-10+ that has played it a lot. 

It's not really fun just to absolutely run through a team, triple cap them and blow up the core....it's meaningless and there is no competition in this playlist about 95% of the time when you have a team. No point in waiting 10 minutes for a core, or doing fast assault games when you have everything unlocked and enough req points x3 to buy everything in the next update.

Yes, when I go in with 2-4 people in Warzone and match a team I get salty and talk shit about it because I know that individually they aren't good in almost every case and they rely on spawning Tanks, Banshees, OS, etc. But that's just the game and the playlist.

TLDR: That's just the way it is...dun na na dun na na dun na na, Warzone full of Sweaty teams, there's no skill gap essentially aw yeahhh (Tupac ReQshur) 

If you find it boring because you are "destroying kids every game" how about you try and play it solo like most people so you can actually play it? I've matched tons of people from all those super high Warzone crews when they didn't 12 man and I shit on them like it's nothing. The only reason those 12 man squads win is because they REQ spam and work together against 12 randoms. If you think pubstomping is boring then just STOP DOING IT. Play solo. Play in a party of 3. That's literally all you have to do.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you find it boring because you are "destroying kids every game" how about you try and play it solo like most people so you can actually play it? I've matched tons of people from all those super high Warzone crews when they didn't 12 man and I shit on them like it's nothing. The only reason those 12 man squads win is because they REQ spam and work together against 12 randoms. If you think pubstomping is boring then just STOP DOING IT. Play solo. Play in a party of 3. That's literally all you have to do.

Like I said I've gone in teams of 3-4 and it's 10x more fun because it's actually challenging instead of being a mindless exercise 95% of the games. 

The reason I go in with teams is because I am in this spartan company and I have to contribute to get the Achilles Helmet at this point...people send me invites to play Warzone constantly when I go on. Usually when I first get on I'll join a lobby before I search Arena later. 

Also I used to have like a 75% to 25% Arena-Warzone balance that I guess has been skewed lately to ~60-40, so it's not like I'm constantly or exclusively playing warzone.

You know what would be way more fun? if every social/weekend playlist like BTB, Snipers, even Gameday Slayer didn't account for my previous ranks and have a hidden MMR rank. Everything in this game besides FFA essentially forces you to have a near-full team to play it enjoyably. We already know that though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

- There are so many conflictions that will come from trying to cram all these modes into one. One major example is for objective placement. If someone is forging a map (new or existing) how is there going to be different ball spawn point(s) dependant on the specific sub-gametype? If its oddball I want to place one ball spawn in the middle, but then if its multibomb I have to place a "ball" spawn point at each base. In that case, how do I modify a map to support both oddball and multibomb etc. if they are both considered by the game as the same gametype that share objective placements and player spawning? There are tons of other huge compatibility issues like this that come to mind.

This is a non-issue. We use game labels to differentiate between "classic" bombs "neutral" bombs.

Presumably the only difference is that oddballs will follow "neutral" bomb spawns, which has benefits of its own.

Yup. Not to mention that if you're going for company commendations it would be smarter to spread out and not go in as a full party. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

got a couple JIP games in Game Day Slayer. Both times, i had a 40m radar and not a 18m. I was standing in treehouse on riptide and i could see people on my radar top mid. 

really strange, seems like if you join in progress in that playlist, your radar is huge. 

Yup. Not to mention that if you're going for company commendations it would be smarter to spread out and not go in as a full party. 

Yeah...I think you guys mistake me for someone who cares about their Warzone record and thinks I am "exclusively a warzone kid". 

And on the other hand you aren't realizing that most of those people are players who exclusively or near exclusively play warzone and do care about their Warzone record to the point of quitting out every time they are about to lose a game. 

Also I completely disagree with you...I think teams of 9 might be good but whenever you have random/s they always heat-seek and blow up the core whenever your team triple caps. Parties of 6 like you are suggesting would be bad, and most companies probably have 2 full teams running at once. 

Idk...I don't care really about Warzone that much, it's just you were complaining about getting statted on by Whiskey and that's kind of what you have to expect if you match any good team of 10-12 and you aren't in a team yourself. 

They'd pretty much have to redo the entire system to grant people exp and RP after leaving a match.

My heart's not exactly breaking, in that respect. 

Halo 2 BR is amazing because of the look, sound, and reticle, but most of all the zoom and lack of recoil that was added into Halo for no reason whatsoever. 

The current pistol would be amazing if it had that zoom, reticle, 4sk, and less bullet mag.

i love the h2 br. wish we could start with it. way better than current loadouts

I used to play in 12 mans, but I haven't for a while. I enjoy playing with a couple of mates instead. I actually get to use my REQs.

But 12 man teams are problematic for both parties. If you want to play with 11 mates, its going to be a pretty mindless night. Even if regular Warzone was restricted to 6 Man Fireteams Max, and there was a separate playlist for Warzone Team that rewarded you with far more RP would be the best incentive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me stomping in a full party is only fun if amist the stomping there are competitive games against other full parties mixed in.

But I cant imagine 12 v 12 warzone games being fun at all, in any way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me stomping in a full party is only fun if amist the stomping there are competitive games against other full parties mixed in.

But I cant imagine 12 v 12 warzone games being fun at all, in any way.

I still don't understand how anyone can have fun grinding Warzone in general.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't understand how anyone can have fun grinding Warzone in general.

More REQ points at a faster rate. The obsession for those packs is real.

• Upvote (+1) 1