CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I disagree with the changes they made to Assualt, especially 2 thrust... But I'll wait and play it before I make any judgements on it.

Like Vin said, strongholds seemed horrible at first but it's not bad. Really hope that's the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I win 2 games as diamond 1/2....why do i match with onyx players?

Shouldn't I be matching diamond 4/5?

So I'm just going to throw this out there, but if we can get H2 BR, and the CE Pistol. When are we getting the Reach Grenade Launcher. Cause if it's part of the "Sustain" plan I'm on board.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't like Storm rifle tho

Also lol at you assuming I like everything, you must not really see my posts when I'm talking about balancing the game

I generally ignore your posts. Not that I think you're a bad poster. I just disagree with most things you say and most of the time you seem to be just repeating the same message with a new humble brag thrown in at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

*teammate opens a beer as we load up Eden Social Slayer*

*I start the game 0-5, team is down 4-11*

*see @ on other team*

"OH SHIT FORUM KIDS ACTIVATE SWEAT MODE"

50-45 Kreygasm

• Upvote (+1) 1

*teammate opens a beer as we load up Eden Social Slayer*

*I start the game 0-5, team is down 4-11*

*see

"OH SHIT FORUM KIDS ACTIVATE SWEAT MODE"

50-45 Kreygasm

why didnt you include your own stats at the end?

I cant believe people think that about you

Just goes to show MOST people here have zero argument, which is why you see so many people resorting to "lol shill".

smh... pathetic... disgusting...

Eh, It's probably just because I mainly focus on the metagame aspects and don't complain every post about something i lost to. I come from a different competitive community and the forums in general don't really argue about competitive merit, i mean it's there but the main discussions are really focused on the metagame/strategy of the game. Which is completely dead here, I tried making that Meta-game/Strategy thread a thing but I already knew it was going to fall to the 2nd/3rd page because no one on Beyond really cares about actually getting better in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Eh, It's probably just because I mainly focus on helping people level up their game and don't complain every post about something i lost to. I come from a different competitive community and the forums in general don't really argue about competitive merit, i mean it's there but the main discussions are really focused on the metagame/strategy of the game. Which is completely dead here, I tried making that Meta-game/Strategy thread a thing but I already knew it was going to fall to the 2nd/3rd page because no one on Beyond really cares about actually getting better in the game. 

Fair enough :P

Also, got new internet, won't lag out if you ever want to play sometime (nothing super sweaty anytime soon, need to get good again)

I tried making that Meta-game/Strategy thread a thing but I already knew it was going to fall to the 2nd/3rd page because no one on Beyond really cares about actually getting better in the game. 

Link?

I generally ignore your posts. Not that I think you're a bad poster. I just disagree with most things you say and most of the time you seem to be just repeating the same message with a new humble brag thrown in at the end.

Fair enough, out of curiosity where do you see my humble bragging? I'm not disagreeing with you but I don't want to be a douchecanoe like that, I legit don't think I do that lol

Fair enough :P

Also, got new internet, won't lag out if you ever want to play sometime (nothing super sweaty anytime soon, need to get good again)

Awesome! I've been thinking of teaching a few of my friends around your rank so we can have a decent to4 when we run games after the LCQ

Link?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10681-halo-5-guardians-metastrategy-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=587223

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching the 1v1 tournament, showed a great example of how forgiving the shield recharge rate is. It's so easy to play defensively and recharge for the next fight, your opponent has to play as aggressive as possible to finish off the kill or else its back to square 1. With the cover and thruster, for me this all adds up to super frustration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching the 1v1 tournament, showed a great example of how forgiving the shield recharge rate is. It's so easy to play defensively and recharge for the next fight, your opponent has to play as aggressive as possible to finish off the kill or else its back to square 1. With the cover and thruster, for me this all adds up to super frustration.

1v1 is just really, really bad in this game tbh. This game was just strictly balanced for 4s/warzone and the issues I really hear about 1s/2s aren't really an issue or just not as prevalent. 

Though honestly I think 1v1 in Halo is bad overall if you ask me but eh

You should not be able to fire a weapon while holding the objective. Ever.

343 took away our ability to shoot at times when we should.

Adds the ability to shoot when we shouldn't.

Make of this what you will people.

Intriguing. Should be fun to read. :3

Just know that most of the high level stuff in this game isn't really talked of there. Making a guide/discussion to Plaza Slayer for example would take a long time as you would probably have to discuss first LoS, then general spawn trapping, etc etc. Even discussing Thruster takes too long lol

If you do want some insight on that though, check Tiberius Audleys video https://www.youtube.com/user/TiberiusAudley/ That one talks more on fundamentals/lower level stuff

Ryanoob goes a little more detailed however I think https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVRrh1QGPOah2diF7QDeN_g 

Edit: I forgot Towey somehow https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRyanTowey Sometimes he just talks to his viewers but a lot of the times he does discuss the game in a bit more detail. He just doesn't go into depth on things as much as Audley does. For example, Towey would just say "that's a good play" and discuss other things while Audley would probably explain why it's a good play if that makes sense.

343 took away our ability to shoot at times when we should.

Adds the ability to shoot when we shouldn't.

Make of this what you will people.

I will always 100% agree that not being able to shoot while thrusting is a fucking tragedy. 

I do agree with their decision on no shooting while clambering being fine, should be punished for bad plays. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I will always 100% agree that not being able to shoot while thrusting is a fucking tragedy.

I do agree with their decision on no shooting while clambering being fine, should be punished for bad plays.

The only problem with this is that almost every single jump requires you to clamber.

My assumption on why they made shield recharge a bit faster is so Sprinting while in lower shields is a viable but risky move (most people don't even do it anyways). Otherwise I guess they felt the risk/reward wouldn't be good enough. Just my guess though who knows

The only problem with this is that almost every single jump requires you to clamber.

I can sort of agree, but you shouldn't clamber into a gun fight. You see it in pro play all the time and its such a bad fucking play. 

Someone jumps don't require it and it's a good play to do so.