CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh so your going based on competitive settings. The things that made it a 2 hit kill. While comparing those to default settings, which have always been a 1 hit kill. That is some great logic.

Um, yes it is, thank you.

Oh so your going based on competitive settings. The things that made it a 2 hit kill. While comparing those to default settings, which have always been a 1 hit kill. That is some great logic.

Who the hell gives a shit about the vanilla settings of H2-H4?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fine, as long as we get an option to play the old infec.....

Ugh.

Also angry joe put halo 5 on his most disappointing games of 2015 list, bringing up the req system and how it will likely never go away and only get expanded on, and he's so fucking right it makes me want to weep for the future of this series, and by weep I mean a heavy cry sob, with drool and snot and everything. And the majority of this fanbase will go along with it, only this tiny minority will be aware of what has happened to this once respectable franchise. (Weeping commences)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

(Sprint, grab bomb, jump, thrust, drop bomb)x2

See how fast you can cap a flag with only one thrust? Now you can go even faster with 2! And don't say thrust doesn't make a difference, thrust is the #1 reason why people live in this game. Now they can do it twice as much. awesome.

I just played a game of Halo 5 without disconnecting...

Sure, I have 140ms, but it's better than TWC...

FeelsGoodMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plasma Pistol starts in Halo 1 are definitely the most competitive  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you are talking about the vanilla settings of H5 you have to compare them to the vanilla settings of those games. Otherwise you look at the options given in the gametype to see if you can change stuff. Guess what? We can change the thrusts, we can change the 1 hit kill, we can change the multiple spawn locations.

It is incredibly ******** to compare community settings from old games to what the default of the new gametype is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not even opposed to change, but just why?

Why dont they just pull an H5 CTF and give you a pistol, thrust, groundpound, and clamber and call it a day?

If you are talking about the vanilla settings of H5 you have to compare them to the vanilla settings of those games. Otherwise you look at the options given in the gametype to see if you can change stuff. Guess what? We can change the thrusts, we can change the 1 hit kill, we can change the multiple spawn locations.

It is incredibly ******** to compare community settings from old games to what the default of the new gametype is.

There are no "competitive settings" in H5. 

The default is what we're forced to play in tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

No you really fucking don't because vanilla settings in H5= competitive settings in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are no "competitive settings" in H5. 

The default is what we're forced to play in tournaments. 

Just like in Halo CE?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So you guys think that we can't get something like 2 hit kill bomb, but we got breakout completely removed...okay then.

Edit: So bomb was played competitively in Halo 2 and H2A (i don't recall it in H3). Halo 2 had a 1 hit kill while in the air, so it was basically always a 1 hit kill since all you had to do was hit jump first. H2A had a 1 hit kill bomb at all times. This is in the MLG/HCS settings too. So yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bungie mandated the settings at AGP? Well this is news to me.

dude you don't remember? Bungie practically held us gun point to get us to use their settings /s.

So you guys think that we can't get something like 2 hit kill bomb, but we got breakout completely removed...okay then.

By all means, feel free to stoke up another #BreakoutGate

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can we get 90% of pros to vote no on a 1 hit bomb less than a day after 343 tells us the general consensus among them is in favor of it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea I know......but still.......I just want a normal regular gametype that I've been playing for years. 

I don't understand why. The base gameplay has changed and so the gametype you've "playing for years" wouldn't retain its identity.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't understand why. The base gameplay has changed and so the gametype you've "playing for years" wouldn't retain its identity.

Did they tell us it was because the base gameplay has changed, and therefore, to compensate, they needed to adjust the game mode?

Or

Did they tell us it was because being the ball carrier wasn't mentally stimulating and exciting enough?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We can't really say for sure whether this "2-thrust" thing is an issue until we play it.

Halo 5's mechanics and objective gametypes are so different from classic Halo that I can't really say whether it'll negatively or positively affect the gameplay.

As of right now, just from the information given in the CU, however, this change sounds just as shitty as the flagnum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Base gameplay changing is another problem. But why bitch? It's obvious that we won't get anything classic anymore so might as well resign myself to the fate of this game. Or find another. Probably will stick with it cause I always come back.

Did they tell us it was because the base gameplay has changed, and therefore, to compensate, they needed to adjust the game mode?

Or

Did they tell us it was because being the ball carrier wasn't mentally stimulating and exciting enough?

It was an engineer explaining the changes to a game type. You think he is going to cater the wording to fit something that won't throw you all into a fit of rage (which, by the way, is impossible).

Thousands of people read these articles; they aren't exclusively written for us.

I guarantee Pro Team wasn't thinking of immersion when rigorously testing the mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1