CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wait are those rules they posted actually gonna be used? 2 thrusts? Lol come on now. "We noticed games were ending really quickly" well no shit thrust is already awful, giving someone 2 of team is only gonna make it worse ESPECIALLY with a one hit melee (and we all know the range on that sucker). I really hope they go back to one thrust. AND WHY DO BALL SPAWN LOCATIONS CHANGE WTF MAN. Oh, and instant disarm is weird and closer spawns to the arm zone is also weird. I hope it plays better than I think it will.

rules for what? where's the link?

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT WHAT THE SHIT AM I READING

Sacrificing the 4th slayer for objective time/runs.

Classic Halo strategy by which the natural balance of Halo objective games operate, or fuddy-duddy outdated nonsense that oldfags just need to adapt out of?

YOU DECIDE!

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The word Oddball wasn't mentioned. This was however.

"You can also turn on scoring just for holding the ball, including setting how often you get points for holding and how many points you get."

Sacrificing the 4th slayer for objective time/runs.

Classic Halo strategy by which the natural balance of Halo objective games operate, or fuddy-duddy outdated nonsense that oldfags just need to adapt out of?

YOU DECIDE!

Exactly why I don't like having the flagnum.  I don't get it. Being down a person is the point of how to play obj in Halo. But I guess you have to make all the players feel useful anymore :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was just about to post this. Why the fuck would you change it from neutral spawn at the center of the map? It's proven to work through multiple titles. Please, 343, stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

It still is a neutral spawn...?

Multiple locations is a good thing IMO. Makes the game more dynamic, more to think about instead of cycling the same strategy three times in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Number of times the word "oddball" appeared in that article: zero

But we know it's possible. At least you should if you read the entire article

You can individually enable or disable ball scoring for when it’s being carried and when it’s been thrown, with separate delivery times and point values for each. You can also turn on scoring just for holding the ball, including setting how often you get points for holding and how many points you get.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343. Please.......have at least a single gametype that mimics the original FOR FUCKING ONCE.

CTF and Slayer are literally unrecognizable, nah'm sayin.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Unlucky you could always beat 1-4 on legendary for it, I think you can play co-op and use the bandana skull and the scarab one to make it easier.

Does this actually work if I can then I'd rather easy mode the armor.

CTF and Slayer are literally unrecognizable, nah'm sayin.

Yea I know......but still.......I just want a normal regular gametype that I've been playing for years. 

They obviously had to make changes to the gametype to account for Halo 5's mechanics. Holy shit. It sounds fine to me, and further separates it from CTF which is a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does this actually work if I can then I'd rather easy mode the armor.

I think they changed it in an update just after the mcc launch to allow you to unlock the achievements while those skulls are on, I could be wrong though.

They obviously had to make changes to the gametype to account for Halo 5's mechanics. Holy shit. It sounds fine to me, and further separates it from CTF which is a good thing.

...It's literally the exact opposite of CTF already. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

...It's literally the exact opposite of CTF already. 

Not really, its basically Neutral Flag with an arm time. I think the rotating bomb/ball spawns will make it much more interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1