CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Okay I'll say this and I give no fucks. Im a casual player, but when it's come too reach and H4 a bunch of things I've hated: bloom, AL/riot shield, jet pack, ordnance drops, no descope.

I loved updated reach, not once liked H4. Even at the start.

Sprint has never really bothered me that much as a casual player.

I think I might like Halo 5, I can see why people are upset, but I'm selfish and only care if I'm gonna have fun, I give zero fucks if the game is used by MLG etc, as long as I have a halo game I can enjoy thats all that matters.

I just hope I do like it when I have my hands on it.

I feel you lol. At this point all I want is to have fun playing Halo, something I didn't have with H4 and Reach.

The one thing I do hate about this game is how slow you zoom in with the sniper. That needs to be sped up in the final build. The sandbox in this beta seems balanced imo. People are complaining about the SMG being too strong, but if it was any weaker, people will constantly get away with a simple thruster behind cover 90% of the time.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I watch the more I think sprint is just pointless anyway. Like Srs what's the point.

Why does no one use the pistol? Looks like the most skillfull weapon with a good kill time and none of the top players are using it?

If there are any streams of decent players using the pistol, please link it up in this thread, thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one really knows yet.

Some claim it isn't, other claim it's there, others say it's only visual flinch.

only visual flinch? What the fuck is that supposed to mean. If the player get shot sees their screen flinch, there's fucking flinch. 

good lord....i need to hurry up and get a rank...these thumbless kids on my team...i gotta drop at least 25-30 every game to win...

Why does no one use the pistol? Looks like the most skillfull weapon with a good kill time and none of the top players are using it?

because nostalgia. It's easily the most skill gun in the game. It's my go to gun

good lord....i need to hurry up and get a rank...these thumbless kids on my team...i gotta drop at least 25-30 every game to win...

Dude it's so hard on Wizard or Derelict if your team thinks the powerups are objects in the scenery and sit bottom of the map to "avoid" getting killed. lol

They give me the best spawns. :kappa:

because nostalgia. It's easily the most skill gun in the game. It's my go to gun

Are you streaming? I wanna see it in action.

Dude it's so hard on Wizard or Derelict if your team thinks the powerups are objects in the scenery and sit bottom of the map to "avoid" getting killed. lol

They give me the best spawns. :kappa:

EDIT: (Oh I thought this was MCC discussion, oops)

Goddamn man, this is why you should be able to SHOOT while Thrustering not just for a split second while you are in the air. That clip reminded of a mini dodge-jump like move you can perform in Utk4. Offensive thruster skill-gap>Defensive thruster skill-gap. Fuck sprint(buff base movement speed), buff thruster, get rid of sights and you have a true Arena-style game.

Nail on the head. Being able to shoot whilst using thruster would be HUGE for arena style aggressive play. Your UT comparison is spot on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i got placed in Bronze :S and now im stuck playing ppl with no skill.. im dropping 20-30 kills per game... good for my K/D but.. it gets old.. 

Just went 30 - 8... and my team only won by 2 kills 

Could you argue that this a good thing to make sprint useless? If someone is sprinting at you like a dumbass, he should be punished.

It affects it negatively as a offensive ability. If sprint is in the game, it should be usable to chase down people. Otherwise what's the point of having a shield recharge delay when using it to escape if people can't catch up to you anyway?

At least 343 finally made the DMR pick-up only.

Week 2 or Week 3 is going to be DMR starts I believe. They're testing AR, BR and DMR starts throughout the whole thing.

Sprint is really bugging me - it's punishing and not a free escape anywhere near as often as in previous titles, but the base movement speed still feels a little slow especially on upscaled Truth. It just feels out of place; like they included it but don't really want it in the gameplay.

Flinch needs to go. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I was trying to line up a no-scope with the sniper and the opponent's AR was bouncing my reticle all over the place. I've only encountered it once but it's probably the biggest feeling of being bullshitted I've had so far in the beta.

The only other issue I have so far is the AR/Pistol/BR relationship. The Magnum is by far the most difficult of the three to use, so I would like to see it buffed to a 4sk and for the intense upward recoil you get when firing quickly to be removed. The BR could maybe do with having its aim assist dropped just a little; it feels like the DMR is a bit more difficult to use and I think making them feel the same would be great.

Overall it's good - at one point I even matched up against EG and we avoided the steak and managed to lose a solid game that did feel more like Halo than a torrent of abused mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 2