-Campaign story

-Replacement of emblem and armor customization for the REQ system

-How every grenade distorts your screen despite not being near you

-Grenade explosion radius

-Shitty playlists

I forgot about:

-Worst spawning I have ever experienced in an online game

-SUSTAIN

Honestly, Halo 5 is a better made game than Halo 4, but in terms of enjoyment, the latter wins for me (fight me). That game had more variety to keep me playing.

I just really wish 343 would stop altering this franchise with their "vision". Probably never gonna happen. Probably gonna stop playing Halo after DOOM comes out. At least id respects their fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been wondering about the ranking. 

Let's say you're gold 1. You win 3 games in a row, and you start matching diamonds and starting winning only 50% of the time. 

How would you be able to keep ranking up if you keep winning and losing? 

Or is it  (For example )

when you win against diamonds ( as your still gold 2  )  you get like..500 points

and when you lose, you lose 100. 

Something like that? 

Honestly you guys aren't attributing enough to how bad Halo Reach and Halo 4 were...

Their gameplay completely turned me off from Halo completely. Halo 5, even with all of its movement differences, feels MORE like Halo than either of those games.

Every time I start a BTB Lego Land match, I remember how much I disagree with you.  As nightmarishly terrible as Halo 4 was, I could play some dubs.  As frustratingly bad as Reach was, I could play Team Snipers without a five ton black brick being on top of my rifle.  As bad as those games were, and as well as H5 might play for what it is (at times), I find Halo 5 to be devoid of almost everything that made me want to play Halo.  

What little bits and pieces present in Halo 5 that I expect out of a Halo game are almost all "coming soon" or locked behind a totally not-random "lottery" micro transaction system...which often makes me wonder why Microsoft didn't just foot the bill for Bungie and Destiny.  The basic concepts are practically the same... Hook players on meaningless grinds for aesthetics/better weapons.  Give players choice to pay you real money for those items.  Take players' money and fucking run.

Yeah... It was like none of that shit happened LOL

Really disappointed about the Chief gene thing when they seemed to be setting it up in those forerunner books, what the hell happened to that?

/Immersion ON | [OFF]

Agreed. Like, even though it was explained in Halo: Escalation... there's so many things missing that should have appeared in the game as a cinematic.

Didacts' Resolution? Halo Ring being taken away for 'repairs'? Blue Team's reunion?  What happened with Master Chief being portrayed as a traitor in Hunt The Truth? Didn't Del Rio swear that he was going to get rid of all Spartan IIs? My brother was so hyped to see Chief being reunited with Blue Team, but as soon as they showed them together, it felt very meh? no emotions I guess?

I was also expecting 50/50 between Osiris and Blue Team. Like half campaign with Osiris, then half campaign with Blue team, or even mixed like H2's Campaign. Not 90% Osiris, 10% Blue team.

Here is a list of all the things I hate in Halo 5:

-The aiming

-The servers

-Matching with parties while solo

-Neglect of all communities except competitive

-The goddamned small FOV

-Unresponsive clunky controls

-Campaign story

-Shitty playlists

Honestly, Halo 5 is a better made game than Halo 4, but in terms of enjoyment, the latter wins for me (fight me). That game had more variety to keep me playing.

I just really wish 343 would stop altering this franchise with their "vision". Probably never gonna happen. Probably gonna stop playing Halo after DOOM comes out. At least id respects their fans.

No way in hell H4 is even close to H5. H4 was probably the worst multiplayer game i've ever played that had AAA funding.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I've noticed that the roof on the Garage of Urban (on defense) is the most unfair power position I have ever seen. There's only one way up there and that's from your own spawn. People literally spawn right in your LoS constantly. There is no counter to this. That map itself is honestly terrible and I never thought a map would rival my hatred of Array.

Also, whoever thought the carbine should be a level 2 REQ (Blood of Suban at 4 is a fucking joke) needs to really stop. The Carbine as soooo much RRR that you can easily cross map, making defensive stands early on even more ridiculous. They have been making it easier and easier to get REQs and Assault is now becoming less and less fun. There should be some sort of challenge to getting level 8 REQ it shouldn't be a handout. Plus, they've only made things easier, they haven't made any REQ more difficult (Whiplash and Ghost ultra I'm looking at you).

Oh, and I almost forgot, they really should remove vehicles from Warzone Assault. The potential for unlimited ammo and extremely defensive play is way too high. How many games have you played where a vehicle spamming team won the game? Maybe they spawned 5 tanks? Maybe they Ghost Ultra rushed you? The possibilities are endless. The WORST is when the tanks hide in the back if the map and just spam constantly. There is no counter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You say that like it didn't deserve it.

It was a 6/10 at best. The most glaring things that bring it down are it's convoluted and jarring story, and replaying the same boss at least 6 times. Inflating the level count even though it was just about the shortest Halo campaign, no split screen.

In terms of gameplay the levels were reasonably well designed with good pathways but a disappointing lack of scale. We all know the friendly AI was ass, but the enemy AI was poor as well. Difficulty was almost entirely based on damage, and Legendary was made artificially difficult because of it. You'd take a route and one try you'll get melted instantly, and another try doing the exact same thing you wouldn't get touched. Other then the Knights and crawlers, promethians are just bullet sponges, not enough real strategy. No scoring either.

Like I said, 6/10 at best.

I've been wondering about the ranking. 

Let's say you're gold 1. You win 3 games in a row, and you start matching diamonds and starting winning only 50% of the time. 

How would you be able to keep ranking up if you keep winning and losing? 

Or is it  (For example )

when you win against diamonds ( as your still gold 2  )  you get like..500 points

and when you lose, you lose 100. 

Something like that?

The idea in a proper ranking system is that as your MMR increases beyond your current rank, each win grants increased amounts of CSR, and each loss subtracts less CSR.

Therefore, despite winning half of your games, you'll have a net increase in your rank.

I can only assume 343 is collecting their data, or they've collected it and concluded it's fine.

Agreed. Like, even though it was explained in Halo: Escalation... there's so many things missing that should have appeared in the game as a cinematic.

Didacts' Resolution? Halo Ring being taken away for 'repairs'? Blue Team's reunion? What happened with Master Chief being portrayed as a traitor in Hunt The Truth? Didn't Del Rio swear that he was going to get rid of all Spartan IIs? My brother was so hyped to see Chief being reunited with Blue Team, but as soon as they showed them together, it felt very meh? no emotions I guess?

I was also expecting 50/50 between Osiris and Blue Team. Like half campaign with Osiris, then half campaign with Blue team, or even mixed like H2's Campaign. Not 90% Osiris, 10% Blue team.

I think its rather clear either HUGE rewrites happened between 2013 and launch or 343 didn't plan this campaign out well enough

It really did feel hollow and unfinished; Halo 4 had a good beginning, middle, and end.

Let me remind you that

**********IMO**********

I tend to disregard other people's opinions of H4 and substitute my own as fact.

It helps me sleep at night.

Every time I start a BTB Lego Land match, I remember how much I disagree with you.  As nightmarishly terrible as Halo 4 was, I could play some dubs.  As frustratingly bad as Reach was, I could play Team Snipers without a five ton black brick being on top of my rifle.  As bad as those games were, and as well as H5 might play for what it is (at times), I find Halo 5 to be devoid of almost everything that made me want to play Halo.  

What little bits and pieces present in Halo 5 that I expect out of a Halo game are almost all "coming soon" or locked behind a totally not-random "lottery" micro transaction system...which often makes me wonder why Microsoft didn't just foot the bill for Bungie and Destiny.  The basic concepts are practically the same... Hook players on meaningless grinds for aesthetics/better weapons.  Give players choice to pay you real money for those items.  Take players' money and fucking run.

I'm the opposite. Halo Reach and Halo 4 completely turned me off from Halo altogether. I honestly played maybe 10 games of reach launch night and didn't look back until after Halo 4 also failed to be a good game and I had heard reach got better. Went back to reach again and still didn't like it.

Halo 5 on the other hand has me wanting to play (except since Feb 1st where the servers have taken a shit and I get unplayable connections, it's not outright plain lag, but the same sort of issues that I get when I play CoD.. shot around corners, getting shot by someone who isn't there only for their head to pop up over a ramp as I'm falling over dead, shots landing but not actually dealing damage... pretty much feels like my game is completely desync'd timing-wise from the server /rant....). Are there things I want to see changed in the game? Oh yes, lots. Ranking system and matchmaking are busted on multiple levels, weapons need balancing, overlapping weapons need to be relegated to warzone (looking at you BR and DMR and smg/plasma rifle etc).

To combat my issues with Halo, things like limiting ranked matches to a party of 2 and providing a ranked 4 man premade playlist, making Team arena/ffa the only ranked playlists and the rest all social to get as many ranked players into the same hopper as possible, weapon balancing for the autos (or completely re-tooling the map pickup weapons to offer unique utility, ala CE plasma rifle stun, for each one is my hope), more objective game modes like oddball, extraction, and assault, and giving the starting utility weapon a faster TTK are among the top things I would like to see. I'd play this game a lot more if I enjoyed it solo but it's just not fun bc of how matchmaking works. As it stands I either dick around in forge or play warzone assault for REQ points until I get a full party to run arena with. Pretty lame. When I have a full party the game is a complete blast though.

To put this game on a more even ground with Reach and Halo 4; how many of us would still be playing if there wasn't a ranking system?

I think its rather clear either HUGE rewrites happened between 2013 and launch or 343 didn't plan this campaign out well enough

It really did feel hollow and unfinished; Halo 4 had a good beginning, middle, and end.

I'm assuming re-writes. Concept art and revisions, showing multiple characters that never appeared all point to it. I'll guess it was due to one of the lead writers from 343i leaving after Halo 4, probably causing some internal chaos. Gives me some hope for Halo 6, since there's time to nail down a solid story from what we have. I'm at this point, hoping they add a Halo 7 onto the franchise, to extend the story past what we have. Halo 5 REALLY felt like a "Halo 4" by being what could be considered a "starter" story and I don't think it, as of now could lead to a proper payoff. What we have, much like Halo 4, can and SHOULD be expanded upon to give us some sort of depth to everything. Hell, even making the campaign actually LONGER could help that. Add cutscene emphasis. I dunno. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I tend to disregard other people's opinions of H4 and substitute my own as fact.

It helps me sleep at night.

I know what you mean, I'm always right in my head.

I'm assuming re-writes. Concept art and revisions, showing multiple characters that never appeared all point to it. I'll guess it was due to one of the lead writers from 343i leaving after Halo 4, probably causing some internal chaos. Gives me some hope for Halo 6, since there's time to nail down a solid story from what we have. I'm at this point, hoping they add a Halo 7 onto the franchise, to extend the story past what we have. Halo 5 REALLY felt like a "Halo 4" by being what could be considered a "starter" story and I don't think it, as of now could lead to a proper payoff. What we have, much like Halo 4, can and SHOULD be expanded upon to give us some sort of depth to everything. Hell, even making the campaign actually LONGER could help that. Add cutscene emphasis. I dunno.

The cutscenes were SO AWKWARD man, they faded to black at the weirdest time (Roland rant LOL)

The story I think is unsalvageable honestly; its gone into another weird direction and with Brian Reed at the helm I think we're in for another "every character is boring" hame.

Say what you will about Halo 4 (I know I have) but from a pure story standpoint, it was EASILY one of the better Halo's in terms of characters and emotion (design and actual plot may be a different story)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is a list of all the things I hate in Halo 5:

-The aiming

-The servers

-Matching with parties while solo

-Neglect of all communities except competitive

-The goddamned small FOV

-Unresponsive clunky controls

-Campaign story

-Shitty playlists

I forgot about:

-Worst spawning I have ever experienced in an online game

-SUSTAIN

Screw it, I'm just gonna start playing DOOM II to prepare. Not touching Halo for a while. Still gonna be here to bitch about the game because I'm just awful. And you guys are all awesome.

The cutscenes were SO AWKWARD man, they faded to black at the weirdest time (Roland rant LOL)

The story I think is unsalvageable honestly; its gone into another weird direction and with Brian Reed at the helm I think we're in for another "every character is boring" hame.

Say what you will about Halo 4 (I know I have) but from a pure story standpoint, it was EASILY one of the better Halo's in terms of characters and emotion (design and actual plot may be a different story)

Oh, it was. I loved Halo 4 for that. Then again, I loved it in general. I personally don't think it's un-salvageable, though. You can still have a very good story involving the Chief and Cortana, and add exposition on why certain shit happened. Although, retconning certain events in H5 just felt awkward. Like the Didact's ship not being obliterated, but somehow going into slipspace via NUKE. Really, in order to give us an actual continuous sequel, they'd need to continue the Didact's story/arc with the Chief's, since it was VERY open to his return in Halo 4, and in this point, he's seemingly a digital essence.

I personally think it'd be very cool if he came back, and took over a Guardian to act as his body to attack Cortana, because he, in his arrogance, hated the idea of Cortana, a human made creation, taking over the Mantle. He yanks back Promethean control, leaving her with only an A.I "army" of sorts, essentially keeping the idea of three factions, much like earlier Halos, up to 5

We also still have Warden Eternal, arguably one of the coolest Forerunners. Having him fight, or end up teaming with the Didact (Due to his Promethean nature) would be very cool as well.

I dunno, I'm just spitballing. I think the story can still be saved for an epic conclusion, but I also highly doubt it WILL be, which partially sucks. Least earlier Halo stories aren't wrecked by this.

I am pretty sure about 60% of the FFA games I've played have gone the full 12 minutes meaning no one made it to 25. This is a huge problem and I believe it really shows why this game type needs a huge overhaul ASAP. This is supposed to be a fast paced gametype where it's constant action. In some games I have gone 30 seconds or more without even seeing somebody. Are you "pro-armor ability" people sure this is the "fastest Halo yet"? FFA is so slow it's ridiculous. Then when you finally see someone they are corner camping with an smg or SR and melt you. Now you respawn and go through it all over again. I'm curious if this is also a problem at champ level FFA OH WAIT THEY CANT FIND GAMES.

Also, I just won a game of FFA on Riptide (only 24 kills) and I had 10 fuel rod kills. This weapon literally BREAKS 6 man FFA. The ammo capacity and quick spawn timer is not good AT ALL (same with Regret). The 4th place guy had 17 kills and do you know how many headshots he had? 1. ONE HEADSHOT. WHAT THE FUCK. You cannot tell me autos aren't a problem when a guy can get 17 kills in FFA with only 1 headshot.

I just want to play good old fashioned FFA man at least I can't match parties here. But thy gametype doesn't even get different weapon placements. If they can change things between slayer and strongholds they can do the same for FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To put this game on a more even ground with Reach and Halo 4; how many of us would still be playing if there wasn't a ranking system?

Not me. A ranking system is a must for me. I wouldn't have even played Halo 2/3 for as long as I did if they had no ranks.

The idea in a proper ranking system is that as your MMR increases beyond your current rank, each win grants increased amounts of CSR, and each loss subtracts less CSR.

Therefore, despite winning half of your games, you'll have a net increase in your rank.

I can only assume 343 is collecting their data, or they've collected it and concluded it's fine.

This is assuming ur winning and losing against higher tier players?