CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My opinions are always invalid because this game isn't like CE/2/3 

It's not that. It's just that a lot of people have had in depth discussions on things such as Sprint since Reach and they're just tired of typing everything out for the thousandth time.

Plus CE/2/3 were all very different games from one another. I hate how people say that anyone who dislikes 4/5 want the same game again when those 3 games had many changes between them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also cool you like Halo 5, now do the hard part and actually explain why. Explain how the changes are good for the longevity of Halo.

Because your pals at 343 have done a shit job keeping players past the 3 week mark of their game releases. And for a multiplayer game that's extremely pathethic.

343i be damned... 

If they continue with this bullshit sprint and ADS the competitive community will break apart again... Cash out Pros, shitty non competitive game,  no Dev support... 

IDK if you guys are watching ghost's stream, but he shows why halo 5 is a game that requires crazy skill and map awareness.

I watched it and I just saw him run away with his head down a lot. It's cool they are winning every game though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched it and I just saw him run away with his head down a lot. It's cool they are winning every game though.

He's not just running away. He's juking the hell out of them with clambers and thrusters.

Sprints really balanced in this game lol. Sprint didn't work in Reach or 4 but this game it works well imo

ok please tell me why sprint is better than not having sprint. 

Alright I got some time to kill so here we go.

Why do I like H5 you ask? 

I like H5 because it's something new, something fresh for Halo. It's fun, fast paced and rewarding. People on these forums are saying "Oh it's not traditional halo it's bad" play the game with an open mind for a good day of actual play time in the beta. Take away any bias you have from past Halo games and mistakes 343 has done. I'm not saying you'll have fun doing that but I'm sure most of the people on this forum will have a less negative opinion about the game in this state. Being a beta this could not be the final build because we still have a year or so until the actual game comes out and a negative mindset of "oh this needs to be taken out and this needs to be nerfed to death" isn't the best. Give criticism to 343 but do it in a manner that's not shitting on the game. Go along the lines of telling them "Hey, *insert complaint here* seems a bit overpowered. Could you guys look into it and try to make it balanced?" Just straight up complaining to 343 and saying "Oh you fucks ruined halo, this game sucks your company is fucking trash, you all should be fired!!!111" isn't the way to go about giving them feedback. I know most probably wont do that but it's worth a shot. Now onto the changes.

The changes that 343 are putting in this game are mainly put in for the casual player who'll sit down and play for a couple hours with friends and wants to have fun. I get the majority on here aren't exactly casual though I'm sure 343 are trying to cater a little bit to them to obviously get the game to sell and build the fanbase.

Disclaimer: I like all the abilities and I do think some could get tweaked but I'm 100% sure 343 put these in to draw in the casual crowd and provided the launch goes perfect will have a massive influx of people playing Halo 5. Good launch = more people buying it and providing they enjoy the game will tell their friends to buy the game and they'll tell their friends to buy it and so on and so on. Word of mouth + a good game enjoyable game = a long life for H5 I think.

Sprint: In Reach and Halo 4 people constantly, constantly, constantly bitched about sprint being way stupid and not belonging in Halo but it's back in H5 and I think it's really balanced and not as OP as people seem to think. If you're sprinting your shields don't recharge at all. This is a good and bad thing. It's a good thing because it makes it so the person running away wont be guaranteed a safe escape and recharge shields while sprinting and be able to run around a corner and re-challenge you. After sprinting I would say there's about a 5-6 second delay on when the shields actually recharge and you can start sprinting as they recharge which I think they'll maybe fix and make it so they stop charging if you do sprint when they do start recharging. It's a bad thing for the person running because they're very vulnerable to just about anything to kill them whether it's a random dude running around the corner and getting a headshot or just a random nade that smacks them in the face.

Spartan Charge: I don't really know much about this ability but I do know it can only be done while sprinting.

Ground Pound: Simple air to ground attack that kills on contact and from my experience it only kills on contact.

Thrusters: I've seen some complaints about this also but it's not a bad thing because it can help you out in a sticky situation where if you didn't have it you'd die. Especially helpful when getting shot head on by an enemy you can dash to the side and if you have a teammate behind you can attack the idiot if he decides to chase which most casual Halo players probably would do.

Clamber: It's just like mantling from CoD. Yes having this in the game takes away from having good jumping skill but it could help if you need to make that one jump to get to safety but come up short you can just press the jump button and get to where you've gotta go.

Smart Scope: Probably on the same level of controversy in this game as sprint making a come back this ability allows you to do a kind of ADS with every gun in the game. It being in the game will probably attract people from CoD and possibly keep them playing H5 if they like it. More players that keep playing = longer life of the game.

I like Halo 5 because it feels like a breath of fresh air for the franchise and it has changes that people would like. If you don't like the game right now just try to keep playing it and maybe it'll start to grow on you.

TL;DR I like Halo 5 because it's a fun game with new features.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

ok please tell me why sprint is better than not having sprint. 

Sprint in this game is a good idea because you get punished for doing it too much. In Reach and 4 I agree it should've been in the game to start because there was no punishment for constantly using it. I think 343 have the right idea with balancing it in this game and people need to just stop knit picking.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Its not too late to prevent another H4 343. Listen to the core community like Valve and Blizzard do(which is part of why their games are so successful/have great longevity) and H5 can be turned into a good competitive Halo game. Right now H5 is not a good Halo game, the GOAT aka Ogre 2 one of the most credible/knowledgeable Halo player's there is basically laughed it off as a terrible Halo game already.That is why it will fail with the core Halo audience like H4 and pre-TU reach did if significant changes are not made. Nobody in the Halo community cares if there is sprint, nobody cares if there is ADS on the BR, nobody ever played Halo MP for those things. You have a pretty solid game, now you have to make it a good Halo game.

This game's skill gap is up there with Halo CE. When pros are getting shat on 50-8 repeatedly by 343's god squad, then we know something is up.

That's a bold fucking statement considering the 343 employees have been playing the game for months while the pros have been playing for a few hours.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's a bold fucking statement considering the 343 employees have been playing the game for months while the pros have been playing for a few hours.

Still says there are a LOT of things to learn about the game.

And I'm gonna say this. I played Walshy's squad in Halo CE, and still dropped 5 kills and I have never played CE in my life.

Sprint in this game is a good idea because you get punished for doing it too much. In Reach and 4 I agree it should've been in the game to start because there was no punishment for constantly using it. I think 343 have the right idea with balancing it in this game and people need to just stop knit picking.

No matter how much 343 nerfs it, as long as people can still escape to safety (from a gunfight etc.) with it, it is still broken.

Also if 343 tries to cater too much to casuals again, it will simply be halo 4 all over again. High population on launch day and having the lowest population in any halo game months after, but this time, halo would simply be dead.

Still says there are a LOT of things to learn about the game.

And I'm gonna say this. I played Walshy's squad in Halo CE, and still dropped 5 kills and I have never played CE in my life.

Or the game is super clunky and difficult to play effectively (not in a good way).

You can speculate both ways, man. 

Just got finished playing 15 games and the game is better than I expected after reading these comments. I really like the aiming mechanics of the game and I like that their is less auto aim. The game feels pretty smooth in comparison to Halo 4 and ground pound is pretty much irelevant because you can just thrust away. Although the sniper takes a bit longer to scope in with, I prefer it over the H4 sniper. Overall I already find the game to have much more potential than H4 and Reach although I know that's not saying much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If i get punished for sprinting too much, what is the reward i was hoping to achieve in the first place? If i  try to sprint away from a bad situation, nothing changes. If I sprint to try to escape a bad situation and get killed, that's not punishment for sprinting because I was going to die with or without sprint. Now if the other team got 2 points instead of 1 if i died while trying to sprint, that would be a punishment. 

CoD is on its way out so this is 343's only chance to make Halo maybe as big as it was. I really hope they change some of the stuff in the beta and don't screw it up.

• Upvote (+1) 2