CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Still a BK. ;P

@@Moa is a top 200 player in the world, savor the moment, frame that and put it on your wall :P

PRO

STATUS

BOYSSSSS

7ymFFfZ.jpg

OH MY GODDDD

Not even a day and you can get the top rank? That seems a little absurd.

Anyone want to explain how this system works? I've never understood division type ranks. Even with my time in BO2 -- getting Master was too easy. I don't want to see another easy division system.

Still a BK. ;P

I don't think they give ranks for spectating games, good luck with it though :P

Halo 5 so many pros and cons. It's like 343 gets it and they don't

LIKE WTF

So long as they have sprint in the game, they really don't get it at all. It

ADS is just like Scoping they said....

Fucking liars 

ADS gives SMG and AR less spread making it incredibly effective in Mid-Range

They lied to us? say it isn't so!

Are you serious? Any links? I don't want to believe that 343i just ruined yet another iconic aspect of Halo! :(

Nothing is sacred any longer...

Wow thats so bullshit. Why, just why.

Immersion...

And why doesn't it work

I've asked a dozen people over the past month what the beef with sprint is and all I've got is cyclical reasoning that sprint is bad because it's bad because it doesn't work

The only other argument I've gotten is "because it's in cod and cod is bad"...well that doesn't make sense either

Maybe I'm just old and it's a generation gap thing. I've played tons of fps where you are moving at absurd velocity at all times and I just don't see the problem here

I mean even in you knocking me down you just say it "obviously" doesn't work. It's just not obvious to me. I skipped out on Halo 4, so there's something I must have missed there.

BE is full of threads that have eloquent posts on the subject of how sprint ruins halo. In fact some posts show why it works well with other games, and yet cannot be applied to halo for the same outcome. If you stick around long enough you will come across new posts on this topic that will teach you. It did me and it took a while too. Or you can search for them. Look up posts by @@chaosTheory, @@Cursed Lemon, @@menotyou135, @@Vetoed, and @@Brutality.  (These are just a few that come to mind, but they would be a good start in a search on the topic.)

What are stabilizers?

You know how jetpacks allowed you to fly through the air with the greatest of ease? And do you know how running and jumping or flying on a man cannon can make aiming difficult? This is a cross between jetpack and chaotic run/jump/fly-through-the-air looks like it is to help you aim while in air. If that is true, then it can only lower the skill gap by helping you aim. I guess it also helps in ground pounding. But it isn't impressing me.

Well I suppose it is safe to say I won't be getting an XB for christmas...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup

If you do good but your teammates suck and you lose do you still rank down a lot?

If you do good but your teammates suck and you lose do you still rank down a lot?

That I'm not sure of. I only played about 12 matches today and we won the last 2. I'll definitely let you know tomorrow if someone here doesn't already know. 

I get it, but why is that necessary? That implies that players need to test the starting loadouts. We should be several Halo games beyond the point where people are entertaining starting without a viable precision weapon. This isn't something that needs to be beta tested. This isn't something that should still be a point of contention. Starting with a precision utility weapon is better than starting with an automatic. That's just how it works in Halo.

Bigshow just crushin it with his posts. 343 needs to recite these every morning

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe this has already been posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

What aspects of Halo 5 is 343 willing to change?

They say they excited for feedback from the beta and other canned answers. But they never have said what kinds of things they are willing to change. If they could point us toward certain topics, the community could have much more useful discussions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been playing it for an hour or so now... It is stupid as fuck.

Considering you think every Halo game besides CE sucks.....

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Losing because of fucking morons is the most infuriating thing in all of video games....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a fan of Halo 5. Already went back to H2A. Its a fast pace cluster fuck that plays nothing like Halo. The only thing they have in common is Spartans. All automatics are so OP the game is completely annoying to play. I never know what weapon I am going to face when I run into a player due to the amount of op weapons scattered around the map. Will it be the op AR, or the OP smg, or a Br or a DMR, or a snipe? It feels as if they balanced the weapons by making everything over powered. Sprint, ADS, and AR starts are the icing on the shit cake. So far I could care less to play Halo 5 at all. 

I have been playing it for an hour or so now... It's stupid as fuck. 

Yeah uh you passed judgement of it off of one game so sorry if I take your opinion with a pinch of  :salt:

Yeah uh you passed judgement of it off of one game so sorry if I take it with a pinch of  :salt:

You fail to fucking realize that we've already seen footage of this game. We've been subjected to the lip service of 343 employees and yada yada yada...

I don't need to spend a month playing this game to tell you that it blows donkey dick. I didn't have interest in this game before the beta came out and watching gameplay footage for the last couple hours has just confirmed that this game does in fact look like a big pile of noob-catering shit.

If others like it then more power to you. Play what you like. 

But this game is total garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm liking H5, but it's definitely gonna take some getting used to. IMO Sprint is balanced, Smartscope isn't that big of a concern with autos, the bloom on the DMR and magnum is pretty cool. I think BR/DMR starts will be better. Just play it with an open mind and don't trash the game over an hour or so of gameplay. Play it for a bit and then come to a conclusion about it.

You fail to fucking realize that we've already seen footage of this game. We've been subjected to the lip service of 343 employees and yada yada yada...

I don't need to spend a month playing this game to tell you that it blows donkey dick. I didn't have interest in this game before the beta came out and watching gameplay footage for the last couple hours has just confirmed that this game does in fact look like a big pile of noob-catering shit.

If others like it then more power to you. Play what you like. 

But this game is total garbage.

Still not getting it are ya?

• Downvote (-1) 4

Still not getting it are ya?

Oh I get it. "I haven't played it so I can't have a valid opinion on it."

But, in all honesty, you're a total shitposter so I have no idea why I'm even responding back to you.