CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are you referring to the physics like when a banshee just turns around a slightly taps my 1,000 lb armor and sends me flying across the map? Because I would like to know to the answer to this question as well.

I guess. That stuff and the fact a Ghost can tickle me and I die like CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont get it

Apparently advanced sensors is the shit for this....and i had it waiting in my REQ collection all this time

for me it only displays @ and nothing else.

I keep getting an error with the dedicated server when i try to find a match. is this happening to anyone else?

Same. RIP, halo.

I keep getting an error with the dedicated server when i try to find a match. is this happening to anyone else?

Same. RIP, halo.

Yep same here, hell i tried to go into a solo custom game an got it, had to quit the build for it to let me

Awesome. Was actually looking forward to possibly playing Arena, Well, if its not region lock stopping me from matching, its the servers being down. I just can't win can I.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was starting to panic thinking it was something on my end with not being able to connect to the dedicated server. Currently, it won't connect for Warzone or Arena.

That's what happens when you shit on me in Warzone Assault.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR REQ'S ICEPRINCESS MOA :kappa:

I do!

Oc3ufMO.jpg

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why Achilles Helmet is not going to be seen for at least another month and a half.

Also, lol, only 1k exp for doing this, and a crappy SC Commendation pack. More Mongeese and EXP Gambits

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im sorry everyone but comparing this trailer and its content to Halo 5s DLC's makes it very apparent why CoD is on top.

Everything from the music used (Paint it Black vs generic uhhh dubstep?) To the production level to the actual content itself is just bigger and better with CoD. So they get FOUR amazing looking maps (seriously, that water park map looks incredibly unique and fun), an entirely new and super intricate zombie mode, and tons of weapon balancing etc. We get one map, some new REQ cards, and a Halo 2 BR which is only available as one pickup on one map? Oh, and dont forget the super hilarious and totally original pizza and fries skins.. that you might unlock after 50-100 hours played.

It hurts to admit it but 343 just seem so out of touch with what players want and what the gaming scene is all about now in 2016. Not only is most of the DLC just "catch up" or adding in missing launch features, but the simplest of changes seem to take months to come. The content we've been getting is pretty lame. Lets be real. They tried to package a few (awful) community BTB maps as DLC.

Seriously, why are we waiting over 3 months for more than 2 objective modes? Why are we excited about getting this new mode back in finally, that we've had since 2001 at launch in every other Halo?

Lets not even discuss how awful our first single map DLC release was... I could neglect shaving my pubes for 3 months and name it Overgrowth and people would have more fun playing on that than the version we got. And Im sorry but Riptide is nothing special. We're all just excited it isnt borderline broken with ludicrous weapon placements, game breaking exploits, and zero sightlines like Overgrowth. Wait, what am I saying? Riptide also has WAY too many random hallways and rooms and bullshit to hide behind, an OP version of the already easy to use sniper (spammable and TEN shots), and a Fuel Rod, an OP version of Rockets with five shots per clip and 10 shots total. Throw that in a map like Riptide. Good decision. Im sure the Pro Team totally dug that.

CoD may get flack for rehashing things, but from what Ive seen every map in BO3 is extremely unique and takes place in some crazy, original and MEMORABLE setting. Once again that water park map is super creative and interesting, not to mention the 3 other maps possess some cool theme. Our single map takes place on - you guessed it - a human.. something? Some generic facility. Yay. Using assets from another human facility map. Great.

The next CoD DLC will probably come with 4 more maps, one of which takes place in Angelina Jolie's right nostril or on top of a tsunami wave made of chocolate milk, and our next single map is shaping up to be... in another facility.

So this "amazing" content 343 promised us has been:

DLC 1: BTB with only forged maps. Something that was missing that was in past games.

DLC 2: Forge, a feature missing in H5 that was in older games. And a map so bad people quit the build to avoid playing it.

DLC 3: One map amd some REQS.

DLC 4: A missing gametype from past Halos that may or may not be able to replicate the classic versions completely.

But its free!!11!! /s​

​But you are right, if there is anything in CoD I envy, its there DLC Maps. I even bought all the DLC in BLOPS 2 because I knew for my money I was getting four fantastic maps and a brand new zombies experience, not 1 mediocre map, a Warzone Assault Remix, and some  req filler content. (As much as I love the BoomCo skins and wish they had a BR in the same Lime green the magnum was in)

Just because its free doesn't excuse any of this, which is something so many people in the Halo community do not understand. You'd think we would get some brand new original maps seeing as 343 have made millions from the REQ System. If only a portion goes to HCS, where the hell did the rest go, because it obviously hasn't gone into the "Free" DLC. And Overgrowth is a joke, the Entire side OV is on is ripped straight from Redspawn to Snipers on Plaza, its like they aren't even trying to hide the fact that this is a half assed map.

Call of Duty is so much more grounded in the basis that it tries to be a Military shooter, yet they get awesome areas like a Waterpark, a Police Helicarrier. Halo has a entire Universe full of interesting and exciting planets and locations, yet we are constantly given UNSC Facility after UNSC Facility. Why don't we have a map based on Sunaion, or a BTB Map from Meridan. Hell, whats stopping 343 from including maps from the Glassed Areas of Reach, or the recently cleared Areas of Reach. We get new maps, and we get new looks into old areas after many years have passed. Dammit 343, you have a shooter with one of the biggest damn universes surrounding it and you can't come up with any new or interesting maps?

Im sorry everyone but comparing this trailer and its content to Halo 5s DLC's makes it very apparent why CoD is on top.

Everything from the music used (Paint it Black vs generic uhhh dubstep?) To the production level to the actual content itself is just bigger and better with CoD. So they get FOUR amazing looking maps (seriously, that water park map looks incredibly unique and fun), an entirely new and super intricate zombie mode, and tons of weapon balancing etc. We get one map, some new REQ cards, and a Halo 2 BR which is only available as one pickup on one map? Oh, and dont forget the super hilarious and totally original pizza and fries skins.. that you might unlock after 50-100 hours played.

It hurts to admit it but 343 just seem so out of touch with what players want and what the gaming scene is all about now in 2016. Not only is most of the DLC just "catch up" or adding in missing launch features, but the simplest of changes seem to take months to come. The content we've been getting is pretty lame. Lets be real. They tried to package a few (awful) community BTB maps as DLC.

Seriously, why are we waiting over 3 months for more than 2 objective modes? Why are we excited about getting this new mode back in finally, that we've had since 2001 at launch in every other Halo?

Lets not even discuss how awful our first single map DLC release was... I could neglect shaving my pubes for 3 months and name it Overgrowth and people would have more fun playing on that than the version we got. And Im sorry but Riptide is nothing special. We're all just excited it isnt borderline broken with ludicrous weapon placements, game breaking exploits, and zero sightlines like Overgrowth. Wait, what am I saying? Riptide also has WAY too many random hallways and rooms and bullshit to hide behind, an OP version of the already easy to use sniper (spammable and TEN shots), and a Fuel Rod, an OP version of Rockets with five shots per clip and 10 shots total. Throw that in a map like Riptide. Good decision. Im sure the Pro Team totally dug that.

CoD may get flack for rehashing things, but from what Ive seen every map in BO3 is extremely unique and takes place in some crazy, original and MEMORABLE setting. Once again that water park map is super creative and interesting, not to mention the 3 other maps possess some cool theme. Our single map takes place on - you guessed it - a human.. something? Some generic facility. Yay. Using assets from another human facility map. Great.

The next CoD DLC will probably come with 4 more maps, one of which takes place in Angelina Jolie's right nostril or on top of a tsunami wave made of chocolate milk, and our next single map is shaping up to be... in another facility.

So this "amazing" content 343 promised us has been:

DLC 1: BTB with only forged maps. Something that was missing that was in past games.

DLC 2: Forge, a feature missing in H5 that was in older games. And a map so bad people quit the build to avoid playing it.

DLC 3: One map amd some REQS.

DLC 4: A missing gametype from past Halos that may or may not be able to replicate the classic versions completely.

You're comparing one month of free content to a pack which will probably cost about £12.

• Downvote (-1) 10