CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Thanks.

So it's only on one map and it's still just on the map rather than being the starting weapon? That sucks.

The BR is not the right starting weapon for Halo 5, especially the Halo 2 BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just hope we eventually get some kind of classic playlist with classic settings and forge remakes and some new forge maps. Use the H2 BR as the spawn weapon there and (hopefully) eventually the HCE pistol.

I'd lose my shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Uh... No...

You can stand any distance from a wall in H2C and shoot an entire clip, and all the bullet holes will be in the exact same spot. No autoaim or bullet mag to cover anything up.

Oh yeah about that

I spent a good deal of time modding H2 doing funny shit on system link and I came the conclusion that the hitmarks on walls were bugged and have literally no relationship whatsoever to where the bullets are actually hitting, for all weapons

The more spread the weapon has, the more obvious it becomes. The bug was plain as day if you take the shotgun, make the bullets visible, and then make them move in slow motion

In order to confirm this I modded the BR to shoot at literally a 90 degree angle and the weapon was in fact firing correctly, hitting people who stood to the side of the player, however the bullets continued to appear to be fired straight forward

In a game where superbouncing was somehow a thing a bug like this really shouldn't surprise anyone

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just hope we eventually get some kind of classic playlist with classic settings and forge remakes and some new forge maps. Use the H2 BR as the spawn weapon there and (hopefully) eventually the HCE pistol.

I'd lose my shit.

I think it goes beyond that...the maps really need to go back to a Halo CE style of weapon placement and powerups on the maps. Dammy, Priz, Chillout...great examples of classic Halo arena maps that were done right.

To each their own. I'm honestly not a big fan of the pistol in this game. It's solid but I feel the BR is much smoother. It's just personal preference I suppose. It's why I've played a little more MCC lately. Which is not consistently viable of course since I can only find games in Team Slayer. Overall it's just disappointing for me nowadays.

Oh yeah about that

I spent a good deal of time modding H2 doing funny shit on system link and I came the conclusion that the hitmarks on walls were bugged and have literally no relationship whatsoever to where the bullets are actually hitting, for all weapons

The more spread the weapon has, the more obvious it becomes. The bug was plain as day if you take the shotgun, make the bullets visible, and then make them move in slow motion

In order to confirm this I modded the BR to shoot at literally a 90 degree angle and the weapon was in fact firing correctly, hitting people who stood to the side of the player, however the bullets continued to appear to be fired straight forward

In a game where superbouncing was somehow a thing a bug like this really shouldn't surprise anyone

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTL%20Gomorrah/video/661722

Starting at 36 seconds. Outside of red reticle range. You can do this from any range, and there is no bullet magnetism to help you. 

More to the point, even if there were minuscule amounts of spread that was completely negated by the BM, then it's in the exact same boat as H1. Nobody thinks spread is good (spare 2gre) and holds it against the CE pistol. Yes, there is way too much Auto aim, aim assist, and bullet mag in H2, but that's not what we're talking about. To act like the H2 br has more spread than the CE pistol is absurd. Any spread from either is very negligible.

Or, find me a source for the post patch H2 BR having spread. Then I'll believe you.

Gonna be doing some classic customs with h2 br starts on forge remakes of classic maps later. If you want an invite message ayo itz slayer ill hit you up when we start gathering people

Gonna be doing some classic customs with h2 br starts on forge remakes of classic maps later. If you want an invite message ayo itz slayer ill hit you up when we start gathering people

Do you know about what time?

This game is still the worst for people that play by themselves in Arena. 

The worst...

I remember solo-queuing Squad Slayer in Reach and coming across teams of 5 Inheritors. Not great.

Where is it? I've played that map 3 times and cannot find it anywhere but on corpses.

between Stage and Orange Tree

The worst...

I remember solo-queuing Squad Slayer in Reach and coming across teams of 5 Inheritors. Not great.

T. H. E. W. O. R. S. T.

I play this game solo 95% of the time and while there can be some lopsided games, I've had so many 50-49 games and within 5 kills in my short time in H5. Any time there's a blowout it's usually because there's a platinum on the other team.

Granted, I play Slayer and not Team Arena (until they remove Breakout)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why am I always on the losing team when I search solo?

FeelsBadMan

every-game-enemy-team-koreans-my-team-ap

• Upvote (+1) 5

TBH I'm seriously considering replacing our current weapon to the BR if it just gets replaced anyway....it literally just takes ONE SHOT less to kill to make it the best starting weapon since CE

Played FFA customs with the H2 BR yesterday, I don't care what anyone says It actually felt like a halo game and worked surprisingly well with the spartan abilities. The quicker average kill times tremendously helps countering sprint and thruster. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

As much as I like the BR in Halo, I'd like to see how the game plays with a 4-SK pistol before we go ahead and do BR starts. I actually like having the rifles as pick ups. Although damage might have to be changed on those too as the 4-SK pistol might make rifles not worth using.

The worst...

lol I was 270-0 in that playlist with 245 steaks. Sorry

lol I was 270-0 in that playlist with 245 steaks. Sorry

Would you say that you slayed squads?