CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

To those who are in the Spartan Company, they have updated the kill page with a "Kill Masteries" section.

Apparently we only have 11 of the 31 required commendations to level 3.

That number doesn't seem right to me, but I guess we have a lot of work to do.

How exactly does one ensure that all the bullets from their burst hit the target in a way that's at all different from the way they ensure bullets from a single shot weapon hit their target? At present, the distinction appears redundant.

And there can be only one cat wearing goggles on this forum, you imposter. A rousing match of fisticuffs is an order. Victor claims the profile pic.

Dawn. Baker street. Bring your handkerchief.

The distinction manifests when strafing; BR user has to keep the crosshair on the opponent for the entire duration of the burst, Pistol user only has to get it on them each time they pull the trigger, which are different things when the opponent is strafing. The distinction is indeed subtle though, that's why I say burst weapons are not the big deal their haters make them out to be.

You're not jealous of my superior specs, are you?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The distinction manifests when strafing; BR user has to keep the crosshair on the opponent for the entire duration of the burst, Pistol user only has to get it on them each time they pull the trigger, which are different things when the opponent is strafing. The distinction is indeed subtle though, that's why I say burst weapons are not the big deal their haters make them out to be.

The distinction is "subtle" because it's so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things as to be practically meaningless. It's also far outweighed by the ease of sweep headshots in the burst fire BR so that it's a net negative for the weapon in terms of skill.

Ah yea you did lol gg!

Yeah didn't realize it until I literally got 5 people one shot in that little hallway near the core and I saw your name pop two or three times along with someone else lol.

----------------------------------------

Christ man... I have to get used to this game again, I'm so bad at it now that I'm completely unused to the aiming. Need to fudge around with the aiming settings again.

I just wish we had zero spread weapons which always fired in the exact center of the screen.

All the guns in 5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe they removed slideboosting, they are so moronic. Arena breakout still in the team arena playlist? STOP JAMMING YOUR SHIT GAMETYPES DOWN OUR THROATS. If this was a CSGO update and it copped backlash from the competitive community, they would apologise and reverse it, just like they did with ak/m4 nerf and the stupid revolver pistol. But not with 343, they are making some social/comp hybrid that caters to neither, GG.

On the positive side of things, I heard the H3 BR is coming out in the next update, its going to have this feature where it refunds your bullets and you can only 4 shot one out of every 50 battles. Can't wait!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does anyone know of any forge maps made in the Breakout Arena template that actually made with normal gameplay in mind? I really dig the aesthetics.

The H2 BR sound and reticle though. 

Where can I see footage of this? Couldn't find anything on youtube for "Halo 5 Halo 2 BR" lol

The H2 BR sound and reticle though.

I really don't get why they made everything have an inner and outer reticle. It's ass. The H2 BR just feels so much better solely based on that.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Since I didn't know how to do the super slide anyway..

hdk.gif

Yeah, me neither. Thank goodness I was too lazy to practice!  :simms:

Sucks for everyone who put time into learning it, though. RIP

Hm. I'm going to run off my mouth for a bit in hopes I can generate a coherent thought. Bear with me please.

I'd balance a weapon's power based on how easily it deals any amount of damage divided by the average amount of time it takes this damage to secure a kill. For example: the projectile-fire nature and the lack of intense bullet mag ensures that the CE Pistol requires an obvious threshold of aiming skill to hit anything with, but the inherent power of these shots makes that skill required worthwhile. Likewise, the AR may rain constant, consistent damage on an opponent, but the value is substantially mitigated compared to the Pistol. A kill with the AR occurs only in highly situational circumstances, and the player must be able to read these in order to secure it. Therefore, even with a relatively easy weapon to use, a kill is also rather difficult to achieve.

The scenario you described, therefore, simultaneously intrigues and concerns me, if I retain this ratio for establishing a weapon's power. If the kill time is the same, then we're looking at a gun that may deal any amount of damage easier than a single-shot, and yet has, purposefully, a similar damage output to the single-shot. I can *possibly* see the skill-gap materializing while strafing, but as @BigShow36 said, it's so subtle a disadvantage that the ratio in my head is screaming at me.

So I can't agree, basically. At a glance, the damage output seems too powerful for the amount of effort that goes into dealing it.

tumblr_lh6k47bvIX1qhuwmyo1_500.gif

Take it back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To those who are in the Spartan Company, they have updated the kill page with a "Kill Masteries" section.

Apparently we only have 11 of the 31 required commendations to level 3.

That number doesn't seem right to me, but I guess we have a lot of work to do.

It's correct.  You have to have completed rank 3, as in it shows 4/5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I go to class, and when I get back Infinity's Armory is out.  Huh.

So...it's 3.3 gigs I'm hearing?  And how does everyone feel about Riptide?

Where can I see footage of this? Couldn't find anything on youtube for "Halo 5 Halo 2 BR" lol

This.

Help pls.

The H2 BR sound and reticle though. 

Sound is gross, reticle's amazing.

Edit: And people said I couldn't get negged for a personal opinion on something. Pffft, sureeeee.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Sound is gross

Them's fightin' words.

But seriously, the gunfire sounds like a hi-def sound of the original game. Not sure what you're on about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@heytred confirmed that the Halo 5 BR, whilst it fires 3 shots in a burst, all 3 of them with either hit, or they will all miss. You can't get only one shot of the three to hit unless the player you're aiming at dies from the first.

The Halo 2 BR works the same as... well.. the Halo 2 BR. So you can hit 1 of the 3 shots. It also is drawn quicker (the animation) allowing you to switch to it a lot faster.

• Upvote (+1) 1