CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I know I shouldn't look too far into this, but I can't get over the fact that the BR didn't have a scope. Not saying it's bad or anything because I don't know. It just intrigues me and I want to know. I am really confident that Halo 5 is going to be amazingly competitive and a breath of fresh air for the series without fucking everything up.

#WeBack  :Halo:

The halo 1 pistol doesn't have a scope either, it doesn't mean anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, it does, because it could be a new weapon all together.

The Halo 1 pistol does have a smart up-link camera through on top. Just as the Silenced SMG has a smart up-link camera on the side. Maybe the no-scope BR has one on the side as well. Hard to tell. Interestingly this BR seems to also have a 72 bullet magazine. What's going on with this weapon?

The Halo 1 pistol does have a smart up-link camera through on top. Just as the Silenced SMG has a smart up-link camera on the side. Maybe the no-scope BR has one on the side as well. Hard to tell. Interestingly this BR seems to also have a 72 bullet magazine. What's going on with this weapon?

I was looking at previous posts on this thread. It could be this http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA5K_Carbine

This is a very significant design change. It means something. You don't just cut the scope off a weapon for the sake of aesthetics.

I was looking at previous posts on this thread. It could be this http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA5K_Carbine

If this is the case, we either have to call it MA5K which sounds like something straight out of CoD, or the Carbine, which is already taken. For those reasons, I don't think it's likely. A derivative of the MA5K is more plausible, but then it might as well be a derivative of the BR.

Maybe the scope is built into the Spartan hud? #lore

Non-Spartans in the UNSC will be pissed.

There is literally no point in stressing out over Halo 5. We have CE/H2 (and even H3) coming for the xbox one. We are getting a beta for H5 almost a full year before launch. That's even earlier than we got the H3 beta. They are releasing the beta early specifically to get enough time to implement feedback. Most developers wouldn't do it. Lets not nitpick the things we don't know when they are announcing things like NO AAs in H5. A week ago, if I had made a poll about if AAs would be back in Halo 5, I'm willing to bet over 90% of people would have responded yes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The tackle looked like an assassination.

I'm guessing it's a special assassination whilst thrusting animation 

I'm not sure it is. Since, well, it's a BR. The model hasn't appeared to have changed at all from the Halo 4 design bar the lack of a scope. It could be an automatic though? Maybe, who knows? Similar to the MA5K. Maybe it's an auto with headshot capabilities? Maybe it's called the Combat Rifle? Alternatively it could be a hint at weapon attachments. Maybe the player traded the scope for larger mags. But that would seem strange with all this talk about an Arena revival. We can only speculate at this point.

If this is the case, we either have to call it MA5K which sounds like something straight out of CoD, or the Carbine, which is already taken. For those reasons, I don't think it's likely. A derivative of the MA5K is more plausible, but then it might as well be a derivative of the BR.

It did say that is was retired in 2552 which was around the time Reach got attacked. I think it may be an upgraded model similar to the upgrade from the MA3(Reach) to the MA5 series. From what I'm reading it would have the fire rate of the SMG, the damage and range of the AR, but with better accuracy. However the hell that works. 

No sprint (maybe faster base speed), and spectator mode would perfect it. I wanna see invasion come back but that would mean there has to be Elites which i doubt they will have, unless maybe the whole Arbiter coming back and visiting the Elite homeworld in campaign might be a sign. I wonder about Firefight and Spartan Ops...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only did the MCC-H5 trailer hold significance to lore, it also was an allegory for the position we find ourselves in.

Watch the trailer again. Imagine that Master Chief represents true Halo. The Arbiter represents the collective fanbase. Agent Locke represents the multiplayer developers. 

Beautiful read,

i always have thought that Halo was innovating on the wrong game mode, too much "innovation" in the Multiplayer part of Halo but the Campaign always felt the same though don't get me wrong there never was a bad Halo campaign but it always felt short, it always explain things like shit (Shoutouts to Halo 4), it's always like defend this or press that or go into this, always fighting the same enemy types (Knights always felt like Elite 2.0 to me).

There's just so much potential here but I've never seen a perfect campaign. I hope 343i mix things up in Halo 5. 

Master_Chief_Collection_-_Arbiter_reflec

So since everything that went down at E3, we've all been so hyped (understandably) about TMCC that I've not really seen too much about the announcement trailer and what it means for H5's journey. What I'm asking is, who do you think will be the main protagonists and how much do you reckon they'll feature? 

From the screenshot above of the trailer its pretty clear the Arbiter and Agent Locke are working together to find Chief. How much screen time do you think each respective character will get? Could we even be looking at playing as two Characters again (Chief and Locke) or maybe even three (Arbiter)?

Here's an exert from an article that explains the trio's situations in good light.

The trailer opens with a look at the HD refresh of an iconic scene “Halo 2” as Master Chief guides a bomb through space to a Covenant ship. That was a nice play by Microsoft as it ended up actually being the mystery character from the “Halo 5” cover art. Turns out that his name is Agent Locke, clearly an Oni Agent, and he is speaking with the Arbiter and the Elite home planet of Sanghelios.

Agent Locke is the star of the “Halo: Nightfall” live-action series being produced by Ridley Scott. The feature will star Mike Colter from “The Good Wife” as the mysterious Oni agent and lead into the events of “Halo 5: Guardians.” The series is currently being filmed in Ireland and will be included in the “Halo: Master Chief Collection” when it releases on Nov. 11.

The Arbiter helps set the story for “Halo 5” by giving Agent Locke a history lesson and look into Master Chief. He says he does it not because he trusts the mystery character but because Chief is needed to save everyone. A window then opens to confirm that the setting in the key art for the game is indeed Sanghelios.

343 Industries General Manager Bonnie Ross then took to Microsoft’s E3 stage to further break down the story of the next level. She explained that Master Chief became disillusioned after the end of “Halo 4” and his essentially gone off to find out more about his past and find himself.

In a way, it mirrors the “Kilo 5” trilogy of “Halo” novels that dealt with the history of the Spartan II program and Dr. Catherine Halsey’s role. It’s extremely likely the good / bad doctor will likely play a critical role in “Halo 5” which will be interesting given how her story concluded in the prior games’ “Spartan Ops” storyline.

Based on what is known so far, “Halo 5: Guardians” will feature Agent Locke on a quest to find a disillusioned Master Chief whose now trying to walk his own path after losing his closest companion. Locke undertakes the hunt for Chief either at the request of the Arbiter or he approaches the Elite leader for help. The Master Chief is needed to help save the galaxy once again from an unknown threat that is big enough to have the Arbiter willing to work closely with the human.

This leads to a strong question of how the campaign gameplay in “Halo 5: Guardians” will be handled. Will players switch between Master Chief and Agent Locke like they did between Chief and the Arbiter in “Halo 2”? Or, will something or someone else come into play?

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-guardians-breaking-down-the-story-from-the-e3-2014-presentation

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since the temporary coverart of Halo 5 has Locke and Master Chief sharing the image, I think that pretty much confirms we'll play as both of them. If the Arbiter is going to him for help, Locke is a unique Spartan in some type of way, maybe the only prototype for a Spartan V.

that pictures makes me hard...that is all.

BUT SERIOUSLY, I think we will play as both of them, locke and chief. That guy is not a spartan 1,2,3,4 from what it looks like. So maybe a spartan V prototype. But it is clear that he is looking for Chief, as well as the Arbiter. 

My take on the story is this after reading the original post.

• Agent Locke is an ONI Agent hunting down Master Chief. Basically a mercenary for hire.
  • The Arbiter will use Locke's intel and expertise to help find Master Chief. Not to hunt him down, but to find him and help him on his journey as they were close companions at the end of Halo 3.
  • If/when those two find 117, then I believe there will be some sort of confrontation between the two sides. Possibly sparking some sort of 117/Arbiter/ally forces vs. Locke/ONI/Prometheans/Rouge covenant.

Just my opinion on the matter from any information I've gathered lately.

One thing I thought was cool in the Halo 5 Beta trailer was the actual arena setup and the emphasis seemed to be on a competitive style Halo.  Also thought the massive scoreboards on the map were cool.  I don't know whether I'd get sick of it but I'm looking forwards to what they do with Halo 5 now.  What if sprinting was purely visual somehow and just whenever you moved you were automatically sprinting and it had no effect on drawing your weapon etc.  Depending how far you push the movement stick on your controller has a gradual change in the animation of your movement or something. So it's effectively the same as it used to be in 1-3 but still gives the illusion of moving faster to casuals.  I don't quite know how they'd do it but I think I'd be willing to compromise if they could implement something like that well.