CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Heads up: Halo Community Feedback Program: New Survey (Late January 2016)

Check your emails.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just played for one of the first time since the second week the game came out and I'm awful. Time to smurf :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am shocked some of you want a pistol buff LOL. It's already pretty much all I use with a buff it would be a complete beast. Why do you guys want it buffed?

• Downvote (-1) 7

I am shocked some of you want a pistol buff LOL. It's already pretty much all I use with a buff it would be a complete beast. Why do you guys want it buffed?

We like our utility weapons beefy. 

Beefy!

So what you're telling me is that you are so good with a weapon that so many people here deem "too weak" that you don't want it buffed. We have people here that play on a pro level saying it's not good enough. So you are better than them with it?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Because with the armor abilities (mostly thrust) it is too slow. In mind it has less to do with the strength of the autos and more to do with escape-ability. Gets super boring getting in a pistol fight, out playing them, having them thrust safely away and then you either chase the kill (normally not the best option) or you call it out and hope for someone to clean it up. It's just boring and stale.

And this isn't pointing at it for competitive reasons.... I'm sure you can argue one way or the other. Just for me....it is boring.

The current pistol is worthless against the autos, rifles, and especially power weapons in this game. It leads to snowball gameplay similar to the likes of ar/smg start but not as extreme. 

Because it loses to literally every other gun in the game? Although if it was to be buffed to a 4sk I believe the fire rate should be slowed slightly to punish players for missing shots but reward players that aim well and hit those 4 shots for a fast kill time, and mainly so the game doesn't just turn to a spam fest of pistol shots.

I'm gonna leave you with this.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3710?do=findComment&comment=639495

It's an excellent read detailing exactly why the current Pistol is too weak and how buffing it would be a massive improvement to the gameplay.

Heads up: Halo Community Feedback Program: New Survey (Late January 2016)

Check your emails.

asked for my email to be changed

didn't receive my survey on either email

FeelsBadMan

I was so hyped to get some classic customs going than i looked and we can't start with the h2 br let down yet again. 

I'm gonna leave you with this.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3710?do=findComment&comment=639495

It's an excellent read detailing exactly why the current Pistol is too weak and how buffing it would be a massive improvement to the gameplay.

Thanks for the read.

To everyone that responded: I'd love for it to be buffed, but still think it's a fantastic weapon as it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The H5 BR is light years easier to use than the H2 BR. I loved when I matched a lot of the people on here in H2 MCC and they couldn't out BR me a single time; yet would rant on here about how easy it is to use (not in comparison to H5, just in general). @@Stoppabl3 and @@aKREZZ will assuredly attest to that considering they would be with me.

This isn't directed at you, don't take it that way, but it really bothers me that people think the H5 BR is harder to use than the H2 BR. H2 had magnetism and aim-assist. For sure. 100% do not disagree with that fact. But the H5 auto-aim and magnetism is SO much higher than H2's it's ridiculous. I four shot like it's my job on this game.

I think he's talking about the H2 BR in H5, not the H2 BR in H2.

So, new REQ's are out. I buy a Silver and a Gold, and only get REQ points back. Something fucky, or what?

forgot to ask earlier but, how'd you change your name.

So, new REQ's are out. I buy a Silver and a Gold, and only get REQ points back. Something fucky, or what?

They won't be fully in the system until 2 PT (an hour from now), apparently.  

I literally had one silver pack to go until I finished my Uncommons / Rares lol, looks like I need to grind for another two weeks

They're showing up in Collection, but not in packs yet.

Patience.