CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't get what was so game breaking about slide boost that they had to remove it. The movement options it allowed added that much more of a skill gap to the game.

How about focusing more on weapon tweaks rather than mechanics that aren't game breaking?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't get what was so game breaking about slide boost that they had to remove it. The movement options it allowed added that much more of a skill gap to the game.

How about focusing more on weapon tweaks rather than mechanics that aren't game breaking?

You could literally slide across entire maps.

I get that it added to the 'meta' but it certainly wasn't fine.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Designer at 343: "I'll show those hooligans who think they can fly around our carefully crafted maps!"

Designer 2 at 343: "Moving on to more important things, I think we should increase the price for REQ packs."

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

RIP slide boosts

Stop removing fun pls

"OH! YOU'RE HAVING FUN ARE YOU?!??! THAT'S NOT THE WAY WE INTENDED THE GAME TO BE PLAYED SO FUCK YOU!"-343

• Upvote (+1) 6

My update has been stuck at 99% for 15 mins  :salt:

Pause and then unpause it and it will finish.  Just had this happen to me.

while making you completely exposed and burning your thrust so if you get shot you can't simply hide again. I don't think any other abilities provide you with a bigger risk/reward factor. The only crazy one I saw was from say, blue side carbine on truth to red base jump up. That is HARD to do, requires a stabilize which will be nullified if you are shot, leaving you exposed bottom middle. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm legit upset I spent hours practicing difficult super slides only to get them randomly removed with no discussion or anything. Literally just random AND they hosted a god damn tournament removing it without telling anyone. Wtf?

Edit: seriously this is such bull shit. The removal I don't necessarily care about but they removed this so randomly that it's ridiculous. Not to mention someone at 343 came in here recently saying they don't want to risk the competitive integrity by swapping out game types or something of the sort but remove this randomly and host a Regional in the UK having this patched out without telling anyone. How the hell is that anything close to competitive integrity.

Never in my tournament life have I went to a tournament for any game that I have strictly made strategies and game plans for that are actually at times around exploits to just be randomly removed because the developers felt like it.

Salty

You were the first person I thought of when I saw that.

Like I said before, if they patched super grenades, it wasn't below them to patch this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Soooo is their only one Halo 2 BR spawn on riptide? Only got to play around on it for like 5 mins. But all I found was one Halo 2 BR, and one Halo 5 BR.

Why have both on the map?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotgun on Overgrowth has been replaced with a Carbine.

Railgun, Sword and Camo remain in the same place.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ay news that isnt disappointing!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It was still difficult to pull off in some situations. It wasn't even a problem to begin with. I've never once seen anyone do it in matchmaking.

So no counter against the sword now lol. Very smart.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You were the first person I thought of when I saw that.

Like I said before, if they patched super grenades, it wasn't below them to patch this.

seriously man this is just dumb, I get wanting to patch it out (I disagree with it tho) but they could've like...made a little note when this came out to say "hey we're removing this and if this is used in any tournament it is an automatic DQ of the map" or something of the sort would have been nice

Sigh, I practiced Window to flag on Coli at least 2 hours and I'm still only 70% accurate. Could've used my time to learn other things about the game instead of that

Now I'm not even sure if Thrust launches or Bump thrusts are going to be patched or not so still don't know if I should practice those or not.

How you counter the sword guy now. It will get even more ridiculous.

Because now theres less of a chance at snowballing? Either one on the map is ridiculous, but two is worse
  • Upvote (+1) 1

seriously man this is just dumb, I get wanting to patch it out (I disagree with it tho) but they could've like...made a little note when this came out to say "hey we're removing this and if this is used in any tournament it is an automatic DQ of the map" or something of the sort would have been nice

Sigh, I practiced Window to flag on Coli at least 2 hours and I'm still only 70% accurate. Could've used my time to learn other things about the game instead of that

Now I'm not even sure if Thrust launches or Bump thrusts are going to be patched or not so still don't know if I should practice those or not.

Just the fact that people like you and me spend hours in custom games trying to master something like that should have been an enough reason for it not to be removed. It added a lot to the gameplay especially when someone pulls it off and makes a huge play mid-game. 

Sigh..

• Upvote (+1) 3

while making you completely exposed and burning your thrust so if you get shot you can't simply hide again. I don't think any other abilities provide you with a bigger risk/reward factor. The only crazy one I saw was from say, blue side carbine on truth to red base jump up. That is HARD to do, requires a stabilize which will be nullified if you are shot, leaving you exposed bottom middle.

The only actual super slide that people found that was really far was Window to Flag on Coliseum and even that was not practical in most cases.

Because you were exposed completely for 1-2 seconds, you had no thrust soaring to the enemies base, you will have no cover, etc. also if the enemies are looking at window while you're doing it, you will die. You could only do this at high levels when you are punishing the enemies hard on their base and spawn killing them at their elbow.

Not to mention that was probably the hardest one in the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because now theres less of a chance at snowballing? Either one on the map is ridiculous, but two is worse

Taking out sword would have been the smarter option. I can grab sword in FFA now and go completely unchallenged around corners.

Less chance? Now you have a huge 10 free kill sword guy snowball running free in the map.

Damn the H2 BR is sexy! 

Let us spawn with it 343! If the CE pistol comes out and we still aren't able to spawn with the new weapons I'll have no hope for the human race. 

made me think of this:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those were patched out this morning. Saw it on /r/Halo.

I'm kidding!

• Upvote (+1) 1